DoomDynMus - a dynamic music mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cyber_cool
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: DoomDynMus - a dynamic music mod

Post by cyber_cool »

Can we request a feature? Like disable the dynamic music or use a specific set for a level.
Added a feature of enabling/disabling dynamic music through a menu.
Karl515
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavourOS
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Karl515 »

Updated the Loop Hero music pack to include the "High Music" feature.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BS_z11 ... sp=sharing
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

I don't sure about place of obtaining them legally, because these games are, like, very old (they from PS2 era of gaming).
Also i am aware, that rights on these IP may be on the hands of Take-Two and they are really big bullies these days.

So... Here it is: "Manhunt 1 Pack" & "Manhunt 2 Pack".

I didn't touched all default Doom 1/2 music (even if i wanted to change, at least, title music very hard).
There is also no "high-action" and "death" music (last one was changed for 30 seconds of pure silence).

For "Manhunt 2", music tracks was already sorted out by "calm" and "aggressive" states.
For "Manhunt 1", I was forced to do some job with scissors to make it right.

Jesus Christ, I hope that Take-Two not gonna sue me for that.
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

Karl515 wrote:Updated the Loop Hero music pack to include the "High Music" feature.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BS_z11 ... sp=sharing
Added. Good thing you specified the game, since I wasn't able to figure out what LH stands for. :D
RastaManGames wrote:I don't sure about place of obtaining them legally, because these games are, like, very old (they from PS2 era of gaming).
Also i am aware, that rights on these IP may be on the hands of Take-Two and they are really big bullies these days.

Jesus Christ, I hope that Take-Two not gonna sue me for that.
Added. Well, we all are kinda in a gray area here with DMCA, unfortunately. Some people, including me, took OSTs from non-profiting YouTube uploads, so it's probably fine.
Karl515
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavourOS

Post by Karl515 »

Uploaded the music pack to github as it is faster to edit for future changes https://github.com/KarlsRepo/DMus_LH.
And also made a new one using Megaman Battle Network OST https://github.com/KarlsRepo/DMus_MMBN.
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

After some combinations (like, every ambient track with every combat one) i came up with this:
"S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Pack" & "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat Pack"

To be honest, personally, I preferring more works of Vladimir Frey (aka MoozE). Really like his monotonous and hypnotic ambient tracks in "Shadow Of Chernobyl".
Never was a fan of those "extreme" combat tracks both in "Clear Sky" and "Call Of Pripyat", but if someone can be happy with them - then these packs for their joy.

Also I just want to be sure that there is no any problems with these music packs.

P.S.: I can mix up some "Shadow Of Chernobyl" ambients along with "FireStarter" combat music (that also was written by MoozE), if this is appropriate. Not sure if mixed packs are welcomed here...

P.P.S.: Damn me for my spontaneous wishes to make something just because I want to.
Here, after some shenanigans with scissors i made it live:
"S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl + FireStarter Pack".
Like for previous two packs, in this you may experience every combination of ambient & combat music track.

P.P.P.S.: Here is another mishmash pack that combines ambient music from one game and combat tracks from another:
"Quake 1 + Quake 2 Pack".

P.P.P.P.S.: I couldn't help myself.
The idea of this little mess was on my mind entire day:
"The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Pack", "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Pack" & "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Pack".

P.P.P.P.P.S.: I think that this is time to take some break from this.
I hope, that someone gonna be very enjoyed by these:
"Fallout 3 Pack", "Fallout: New Vegas Pack" & "Warframe Pack".
Last edited by RastaManGames on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:05 am, edited 7 times in total.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Uh... it doesn't work for me since it freezes at start. I can exit it fine, but the game won't start.
SLON
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SLON »

Does it support MIDI? Could be an interesting experience with vanilla-like maps, including unused music.
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

SLON wrote:Does it support MIDI? Could be an interesting experience with vanilla-like maps, including unused music.
I think that it does. You can check out this attached test pack.
Attachments
DDM-MIDI-Test.zip
(32.03 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Death_Ripper666

Post by Death_Ripper666 »

I updated my Doom 2016 and Painkiller music pack with the added high action combat music!

Doom 2016: https://www.mediafire.com/file/eb444xie ... 6.zip/file
Painkiller: https://www.mediafire.com/file/k0q4t3pp ... T.zip/file

P.S. my apology for the dead links, but there should be back up. Just haven't been touching mediafire for awhile haha :P
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

Also, I had an little suggestion about functional part of the mod itself.

It is possible to make two modes of playback?

First one gonna be like it was working for now. Ambient and combat tracks gonna be played from start every time.
And another one, the "smart" mode that remembers position of playback for both of ambient and combat tracks and just restoring it whenever it is calm or tense state of battle.
It may be good, 'cause after few battles it is kinda annoying to hear ambient track just from scratch, not from state where i was stopped. Same goes to combat track too...
Kominate

Post by Kominate »

Hi there,

Just wanted to say that i have made a Syphon Filter music pack which contains at the moment most of the Dark Mirror Game track and i was wondering if i could leave it here along the other packs. The zip contains a read me which includes the credit list, the names of the current tracks within the pack, and a guide showing how to download them, however, since Sony, the ones who currently hold the game's IP, dont provide any ways to obtain them legally, i had to download them from a video game music library so i will delete the file in this post if you need me to do so.

Anyways, here it is

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-6H7O4 ... sp=sharing
FelesNoctis

Post by FelesNoctis »

ThewalkingCat wrote:I keep getting "Music not found" error what did i do wrong?
i did put the music pack first then the mod second.
As far as I can tell, filenames seem to be alpha strict. I did some tweaking with the Doom Eternal pack and saw it wasn't finding tracks, then noticed "Arc" in one place and "ARC" in another. Also, the Doom Eternal pack is just straight up missing a combat track, if you're using that one.
RastaManGames wrote:{So many music packs... just so many}

----------

Don't know if anybody else would find this useful, but I'm currently going through every pack in the thread, including major revisions when available, to fix up anything broken and standardize where necessary. Because I'm a mod hoarder.

Also, here's all the current links for everything in the thread, sorted by author. (Updated 2022-02-16)
Spoiler:
Last edited by FelesNoctis on Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Death_Ripper666

Post by Death_Ripper666 »

Made Dusk music pack with the high intense music of course. Here it is: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qc1ygryw ... K.zip/file
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

Return to “Gameplay Mods”