Random crashes

Moderator: Raze Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
mjr4077au
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Random crashes

Post by mjr4077au »

Just saw your reply on the GLES post. Is this still occurring as of 1.3.0?
SaveTheDoomer
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by SaveTheDoomer »

Yeah, i just recompiled from git and tried again, the program dies exactly on the same point as always... :(
mjr4077au

Post by mjr4077au »

Is there anyway you could get me a save just before the crash, then explain what you're doing to cause the crash? I think it's the only way we're going to try and isolate this. I have a Windows and a Linux setup so I can test in both platforms.
SaveTheDoomer

Post by SaveTheDoomer »

I've managed to get a save that seems to isolate the issue : https://www.mediafire.com/file/61yvs09c ... dsave/file. Just fire the napalm gun in the opened hole on the pipe and the game crashes immediately.
The issue now seems to happen on win10, too, here is the crash report. I used the latest drd team 1.4pre-28.
Edit : i also patched the maps to the latest version using this https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-trauma ... -map-fixes, maybe you need these to load the savegame...
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(30.68 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
mjr4077au

Post by mjr4077au »

Thanks for the save, its been very much appreciated. I know you gave some saves before but they'd just got a bit stale with all the refactoring.

We've repaired this issue. basically that map in the set isn't constructed right and has either an upper or lower sector link without an appropriate partner. On the original code, this would have been an -1 out of bound access, which could explain why you had it on one system and not another. We've switched everything out to use pointers and they will absolutely crash if a null access occurs, which would be why it happens on Windows.

This fix probably didn't make it into the most recent devbuild, but it sounds like you're building the code from Github anyway. Feel free to spin out another build and test it out :)
SaveTheDoomer

Post by SaveTheDoomer »

Just recompiled and tested, no crash this time, Great ! This was a really nasty bug :D
mjr4077au

Post by mjr4077au »

Very nasty indeed! Basically all the refactoring that has happened was needed to truly reveal what was going on. Thanks for your patience 😁
SaveTheDoomer

Post by SaveTheDoomer »

Thanks to you for your time :)

Return to “Closed Bugs [Raze]”