Ashes Afterglow TC - closing the vault

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
AmissaAnima
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Ashes Afterglow TC - quick update page 111

Post by AmissaAnima »

I would've liked to help with the wiki related stuff but i sadly don't know the first thing about editing and adding stuff in wiki's
Ihavequestions
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ihavequestions »

You literally just click the Edit button.
AmissaAnima

Post by AmissaAnima »

Ihavequestions wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:53 am You literally just click the Edit button.
Yea but i'm honestly just scared that i'll mess something up.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

As far as my experience goes, nothing's gonna happen unless you give it a try.
s0ulman

Post by s0ulman »

Just finished Afterglow. To say it's phenomenal is an understatement! This is seriously one of the best games I have played in the last few years. I was transported to the halcyon days of playing Fallout 2 all summer long while the school was out. :')

The fact that it was made as a mod by a small bunch of people in their free time is ridiculously awesome. I could keep coming up with more adjective, but you catch my drift. Thank you!

P.S.: I was first introduced to Doom when I was about... 7 years old? It was the PlayStation port, and a lot of the time I was too creeped out to play it by myself (that Aubrey Hodges soundtrack!), so I preferred to watch my father play. Anyway, I'm in my 30s now, but The Array kinda made me wish I could pass the controls to my dad and hide behind the chair for a while. :D

Can't wait to play the next chapter!
Deon

Post by Deon »

Greetings Vostyok! Dobriy den' and Buna Ziua from russian-romanian fan of your works :).

I may have asked it in the past, but I honestly forgot. What's your stance on others using the textures and/or mobs from this game in other free standalone projects?
I am working on a standalone GZDOOM-engine game about survival in dystopian wastelands, with fishing, crafting etc, Harvest-Moon style.

I am not an artist, and thus I would really love to reuse some of wall textures and if given your permission mutants with all due credit. This is not a commercial project, but something I want to release once it's playable as an RPG.

This is an example of what it looks like:

This is my first serious mod, and I may have to learn the art of making my own assets instead of redrawing on top of DOOM ones or using ones from forums. But at this point in life, I only have time for coding.
I will also understand if you want to keep assets within the project only.

I am looking forward to your reply if I can reuse some of the art or if I should keep away from it.
june gloom
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by june gloom »

He's said before that the assets are free to use, as recently as the previous page of this very thread.
Deon

Post by Deon »

Thank you. Honestly I was posting it slightly drunk after a birthday party (it was difficult to try to use basic math to draw lasers when you are somewhat inebriated), and my attention wasn't that great. I appreciate the answer! Have a nice day.
AmissaAnima

Post by AmissaAnima »

Is this game still going to be updated or are another project being worked on?
Plasmazippo
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Plasmazippo »

I believe episode 3 is now in the works. And some people are independently making expansions for Afterglow. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Serathis

Post by Serathis »

AFAIK, development is on hiatus. There are plans for Ep3 and expanding ep2, but Vostyok is making the sexy goblin DLC for Hedon or whatever.
iei

Post by iei »

Hey! I don't know where else to ask, so I'll ask here: Does anyone know what's up with this map with markings that's in a hidden room in the undercity? I have tried everything possible in the indicated places but it does not lead to anything.
https://i.postimg.cc/4yvXYyyk/map.png
Serathis

Post by Serathis »

iei wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:29 pm Hey! I don't know where else to ask, so I'll ask here: Does anyone know what's up with this map with markings that's in a hidden room in the undercity? I have tried everything possible in the indicated places but it does not lead to anything.
https://i.postimg.cc/4yvXYyyk/map.png
It's not in game. Might get added in a future update.
iei

Post by iei »

Thanks.
doomduck

Post by doomduck »

Hey, just wanted to ask: Is there any way to break that one brick wall in the sewers of Prosperity?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”