Gloom Busters

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jdredalert

Re: Hate Busters

Post by jdredalert »

This is simply lovely!Nice aesthetics, sound effects... it brings me a lot of childhood memories back. Well done sir!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Can we expect full enemy rotation this time?
Skelegant said wrote:The lack of rotations is there for 3 reasons: 1, I couldn't be bothered adding rotations to everyone. 2, I actually prefer rotationless enemies (weird I know lol) and 3, I didn't want to put any more emphasis on the characters than was necessary (apart from the obvious "they gon' getcha, shoot them sistah" aspect")
So... Nope. I don't think so. But at least adorable graphics and animations covers it.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

Main file has been updated with a few bug fixes and two new playable characters, Liz and Kiranila.
The portal gun will eventually be a purchasable item, but until then I just stuck it in Liz's inventory so you can mess around with it :D
oh, and I added a charge effect to Olive's gun (altfire shoots rapidly without charging)
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

Vinny streamed some of this mod on Vinesauce a few hours ago!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hoah, really? Congrats for that!! Also Good to see this mod ain't dead!
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

I forgot this was a thing :D Since I didn't end up adding it to the main game, I just uploaded the pacman bonus game I made a while ago (link is on the first page)
Skelegant

Re: Gloom Busters

Post by Skelegant »

I've renamed the game Gloom Busters, "hate busters" was an ok working title but it just sounds too serious and "Look everyone I'm trying to make a statement"esque. Gloom Busters sounds more lighthearted and cartoony, somehow :D

also did a bunch of updates:
Soda powerups are replaced with muffins (which won't rot your teeth out lol)
HUD is now "pretty blue" instead of "overbearing pink"
Any useable items appear beside the mugshot instead of replacing it
A few weapons have been balanced
The title and intermission pics have been improved (a litle)
A SECRET BOSS HAS APPEARED IN THE BASEMENT
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Now it's back on track, with decent name change, i see! Also that final boss sure looks red and angry!
Skelegant wrote:Soda powerups are replaced with muffins (which won't rot your teeth out lol)
Sugar-covered or not, they'll still rot your teeth if you eat 'em a lot(and gets fat more too)! But nice change, tho! Hehe.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Well yeah, I kinda meant "won't rot your teeth out as much as soda would" lol
I was actually gonna use scones instead but they just looked like lumps of playdoh mixed with grass. Muffins are easier to make recognisable sprites of (although they still look like garbage :D )
q3cpma

Post by q3cpma »

Captain J wrote:Now it's back on track, with decent name change, i see! Also that final boss sure looks red and angry!
Skelegant wrote:Soda powerups are replaced with muffins (which won't rot your teeth out lol)
Sugar-covered or not, they'll still rot your teeth if you eat 'em a lot(and gets fat more too)! But nice change, tho! Hehe.
Am I the only one thinking of mad Tret from Golden Sun (http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Tret)?
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

Is there supposed to be a super shotgun replacement? because so far, all I've found is the default super shotgun.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

I have no excuse for that, that's just me being lazy :D I'll replace it eventually (along with all the gore decorations)
inbtwn
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by inbtwn »

Wow, this looks REALLY GOOD and cute!! I might just make a one-off playthrough showcase video of this on my channel. Really cool premise. Can't wait to see where it goes in the future!
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

I appreciate the sentiment, but I'd advise you to wait til it's more finished (which may take a while sorry :P)
At the moment it still has a lot of weapon balancing issues which need dealing with, which, in a full run, end up making the game way too easy.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

double post oops
Got some spare time so I'm doing the balancing and stuff and a few new sprites, how do these char select portraits look?
I want them to contrast with the regular style, kinda like the mugshots from Metal Slug, but I don't want them standing out so much they ruin the aesthetic.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”