The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Solaela
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Guncaster - 3.888b

Post by Solaela »

PillowBlaster wrote:
InfinityPilot wrote:Is there any chance we might see a transcript of Cygnis' voice lines?

I'd really like to see all his lines of dialogue, but it's so hard to understand him in-game.
Spoiler: taunts
There was way more planned, but Marty could only do so much cuz that voice!... Is not easy on your voice, lol, so we just stuck with the taunts. I was kinda afraid Cyg would become a little too talkative, thus annoying, too. But I keep those ideas stashed away.
Love em. Love every single one of them.
krimson painkekk

Post by krimson painkekk »

krimson painkekk wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:49 pm This might be the necro issue though I still decided to report it.

The beam seems misalignment when the player casts Prism Laser while crouching; the beam doesn't come out from my paw, it comes out above my head instead :shock:
It seems that I didn’t address the properly.
When the player put on the mask, casting Prism Laser while crouching. The laser comes above the head instead of hand/hands. Since it happens when the player have Mech Suit and/or Mask Only, I guess it might be caused by the mask. The coding/modding is completely greek to me so I just throw it here to let dev. team aware and fix the issue.
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

I really dig this sexy dragon lady as a shop keeper instead of that loser dragon dude. Just kidding. He's alright too. I'm not a furry by the way.
InfinityPilot

Post by InfinityPilot »

Guncaster is such a fun mod and Cygnis is such a great character, that I just had to include him in my Doom fanfic "Day of Wrath"!

I've included him as part of the Forsworn, a rogue faction of warriors that hunt demons in Hell, "without ties to God or man."
In case you're curious, the other warriors are (from left to right and top to bottom) Hennya the Demon Warframe (by artist daemonstar), Lt Typhon (from the Doom mod of the same name by Skelegant), Noble 6 from Halo Reach, the Champion from Amid Evil, V1 from Ultrakill, and Wolf from Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

Artist was the talented Substance20

And you can read my story here.
Last edited by InfinityPilot on Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PokeParty445

Post by PokeParty445 »

Pretty sure this is due to the recent GZDoom (using GZDoom 4.10) updates more than the mod but I'm posting it here anyway. The mod VM aborts every time you try to access the options menu, probably due to the tips if I'm reading the error message correctly.
The error message being:
"VM execution aborted: division by zero.
Called from Gc_TipMenu.Drawer at Guncaster.pk3:moonspeak/tip_menu.txt, line 146"
I would've posted an image but I can't seem to get it to work whoops.-
CandiceJoy
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Win11, MacOS Ventura
Graphics Processor: Apple M1

Post by CandiceJoy »

PokeParty445 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:53 pm Pretty sure this is due to the recent GZDoom (using GZDoom 4.10) updates more than the mod but I'm posting it here anyway. The mod VM aborts every time you try to access the options menu, probably due to the tips if I'm reading the error message correctly.
The error message being:
"VM execution aborted: division by zero.
Called from Gc_TipMenu.Drawer at Guncaster.pk3:moonspeak/tip_menu.txt, line 146"
I would've posted an image but I can't seem to get it to work whoops.-
I get the same issue if I run it with my normal mod setup, but not if I run it with Guncaster and nothing else; are you running anything else besides just Guncaster and an iwad?
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I went ahead and added some sanity in kekscode to keep it from happening (I get it when my only autoload is Intelligent Supplies.) It'll be up to Pillow to put up a ninjafix, in the meantime you can paste this line into your file (over the contents of line 146 of moonspeak/tip_menu.txt, of course):

Code: Select all

let box_height = height / (resolution.y > 0. ? resolution.y : 1.) * (4 + tip_line_count * line_height);
PokeParty445

Post by PokeParty445 »

CandiceJoy wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:16 pm I get the same issue if I run it with my normal mod setup, but not if I run it with Guncaster and nothing else; are you running anything else besides just Guncaster and an iwad?
I've tried running it with just GC and an iwad, even turning off all of gzdoom's extra pk3s it can access and my autoloaded mods and nope, still an error. Not really sure why really.
CandiceJoy
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Win11, MacOS Ventura
Graphics Processor: Apple M1

Post by CandiceJoy »

PokeParty445 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:21 am
CandiceJoy wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:16 pm I get the same issue if I run it with my normal mod setup, but not if I run it with Guncaster and nothing else; are you running anything else besides just Guncaster and an iwad?
I've tried running it with just GC and an iwad, even turning off all of gzdoom's extra pk3s it can access and my autoloaded mods and nope, still an error. Not really sure why really.
At any rate, Zhs2's proposed fix works.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

This same error occurs with Russian Overkill in 4.10, but Zhs2's fix works there too.
PokeParty445

Post by PokeParty445 »

Zhs2 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:23 pm I went ahead and added some sanity in kekscode to keep it from happening (I get it when my only autoload is Intelligent Supplies.) It'll be up to Pillow to put up a ninjafix, in the meantime you can paste this line into your file (over the contents of line 146 of moonspeak/tip_menu.txt, of course):

let box_height = height / (resolution.y > 0. ? resolution.y : 1.) * (4 + tip_line_count * line_height);
I didn't even see this until it was pointed out this fix was here. Thank you so much!
Zaeryn
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Zaeryn »

I've put together a Cygnis skin for ZDoom (The Cyberman one was for SkullTag) with the powerup suits. I haven't gotten any response from PillowBlaster, though. Is he the sprite artist? Marty Kirra ("playerclass base")?
Xerenogan

Post by Xerenogan »

Zaeryn wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:34 pm I've put together a Cygnis skin for ZDoom (The Cyberman one was for SkullTag) with the powerup suits. I haven't gotten any response from PillowBlaster, though. Is he the sprite artist? Marty Kirra ("playerclass base")?
Anywhere we can see it?
Zaeryn
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Zaeryn »

Eh, fuck it. Here be BroPill's Drag Rage the player skin the GZDoom version. The enviro suit, power armor, and Draugh suit are additional skins. All have unique status bar faces and player sounds.
Spoiler: Screenshat
Gimme

Credits:
PillowBlaster? Marty Kirra? - sprites
Marty Kirra - sounds
DELTAtheDboi005

Post by DELTAtheDboi005 »

I absolutely loved this when I first picked it up! stellar work PB!

Do you reckon I could borrow some sprites and sounds for a mod I'm working on? I will ABSOLUTELY give credits!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”