LegenDoom [2.8.3] - LDL [4.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: LegenDoom [1.0]

Post by wildweasel »

KILLER2 wrote:What does funkygnoll mode mean? I couldn't find any difference.
My brother had the same question earlier:

Code: Select all

<EksFaktr> ok, i have to know.
<EksFaktr> what the fuck is funkygnoll mode?
<FunkyGnoll> lol
<FunkyGnoll> replaces melee pickups with knife pickups
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

I have another question. The legendary monsters amount difficulty settings (a couple of guys, why, it's your fault etc.), is it dynamic or static (i.e.: if you change it during the game, will it work on the next map or only if you restart the run?).
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

comet1338 wrote:archvile buddy
Wait... ARCHVILE BUDDY? THERE ARE PETS IN THIS MOD? O_O
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

FaggoStorm wrote:
A particular...bonus on weapons will let you forcibly make enemies your friends. Try and find it, I think it comes on all the weapons, tho I'm not sure on BFGs and Rocket Launchers. Pretty sure its on all the bullet/shell based ones, at least from what I saw when Term streamed it last.
Henix_Aurorus
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Henix_Aurorus »

KILLER2 wrote:I have another question. The legendary monsters amount difficulty settings (a couple of guys, why, it's your fault etc.), is it dynamic or static (i.e.: if you change it during the game, will it work on the next map or only if you restart the run?).
Unless they did some weird ACS trickery, legendary monsters are almost certainly handled on a level-by-level basis, so yes, changes to the difficulty setting should take effect on the next map you load.

That said, take my words with a grain of salt because I haven't had th opportunity to play this yet, and thus haven't yet dissected its internals like I do pretty much any other mod I play.
Breezeep

Post by Breezeep »

I'm liking this mod so far, but I'm not too keen on the player size. I prefer it to be like vanilla doom. Otherwise, good job on releasing this!
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

Cryomundus wrote:
FaggoStorm wrote:
A particular...bonus on weapons will let you forcibly make enemies your friends. Try and find it, I think it comes on all the weapons, tho I'm not sure on BFGs and Rocket Launchers. Pretty sure its on all the bullet/shell based ones, at least from what I saw when Term streamed it last.
I actually did find one on a BFG.

And then I died because I forgot to dodge the revenant's rockets.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

KILLER2 wrote:I have another question. The legendary monsters amount difficulty settings (a couple of guys, why, it's your fault etc.), is it dynamic or static (i.e.: if you change it during the game, will it work on the next map or only if you restart the run?).
Those settings are per-map.

Edit:
Breezeep wrote:I'm liking this mod so far, but I'm not too keen on the player size. I prefer it to be like vanilla doom. Otherwise, good job on releasing this!
The player's height isn't actually changed, the only change is that the player's eyes are not inside their chest, but rather their head.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

the spawn rate coupled with Colorful Hell seems a bit too ridiculous. i got no less than THREE Black Imps on the SAME LEVEL. which is absolutely agonizingly tedious and difficult to handle, especially if one of them is a Legendary spawn too. is there a way to tone it down slightly? or did i just get incredibly unlucky?
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the spawn rate coupled with Colorful Hell seems a bit too ridiculous. i got no less than THREE Black Imps on the SAME LEVEL. which is absolutely agonizingly tedious and difficult to handle, especially if one of them is a Legendary spawn too. is there a way to tone it down slightly? or did i just get incredibly unlucky?
Just run...RUN!
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the spawn rate coupled with Colorful Hell seems a bit too ridiculous. i got no less than THREE Black Imps on the SAME LEVEL. which is absolutely agonizingly tedious and difficult to handle, especially if one of them is a Legendary spawn too. is there a way to tone it down slightly? or did i just get incredibly unlucky?
A factor of both. The way it works is every monster on a map could become legendary if the stars align, as each monster will make their own decision at map spawn to become legendary. So it's not an allocated amount, but rather a random chance per monster. This chance is modified by skill level, number of players and the random chance you set in the menu (which by default is normal).

Basically, have less players or lower the skill level is the chance feels to high for you, but it is a chance either way.
Viscra Maelstrom

so, Ultra-Violence basically paints a big red "i'm here!" target on your chest, then? i didn't fiddle with any of the settings, thinking i'd get a reasonable challenge on Ultra-Violence, but i instead got my shit violently kicked in on several occasions.
Fort of Hard Knox

Post by Fort of Hard Knox »

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Anti-Air Chainsaw does bonus damage against Lost Souls
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:so, Ultra-Violence basically paints a big red "i'm here!" target on your chest, then? i didn't fiddle with any of the settings, thinking i'd get a reasonable challenge on Ultra-Violence, but i instead got my shit violently kicked in on several occasions.
Well you are mixing colourful hell, which is a completely different mod that LegenDoom makes no special exceptions for. You are putting two randomizers together and by luck you have (what I assume is) a high level monster also deciding to become legendary. You are actually making the game potentially 200% harder than it already is by adding two different sets of dice and rules. ;)
Viscra Maelstrom

fair enough. i hadn't exactly tried that mod before, so trying it with something completely new kind of kicked me in the face and laughed at my many deaths. i'd assume it's more fun to play in co-op for this reason. at any rate, i'm liking what i see so far. i'll probably have to play it without CH in case i want to not die all the time.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”