Zeta Touch - Android port of Raze & EDuke32

EmpireFaust
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10; Android 9

Re: Zeta Touch - Android port of Raze & EDuke32

Post by EmpireFaust »

First time poster, longtime lurker here, I've been following these various OpenTouch Android projects since the Delta Touch early days. I hate to ask something so specific, Emile, but the .CON-parser for Zeta Touch's eDuke seems to be different and much more sensitive than the standalone eDuke on my laptop...why is that, and can this be changed to be closer to the PC version, at some point? Certain mods that run fine on PC won't load here, and it's always due to an "Error Compiling .CON Files." Chiefly, I tried to play one of my favorites today, "LameDukeX" (brings the LameDuke levels and weapons to regular D3D) and had this problem again, which prompted me to sign up here in order to ask this.

Editing to remove previous edit (Duke Xtreme CONs do work, just had to move all the contents of SPMAPS and DMMAPS to one shared directory)
Last edited by EmpireFaust on Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iHaveYourGun
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 12
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by iHaveYourGun »

Here's a bug and a question:
Bug: for some reason when I try to launch Blood apparently it keeps saying this

BLOOD.PAL: file too small

is there any to fix this and is there a solution to it because this keeps showing up as soon as I launch it

Question: Is there a way to add add-ons to ANY game like Duke pukem (sarcasm) and anything else? I know its a lot to ask and this is gonna be a long ass post but yea I just need help ight? Thanks!

future edit: nvm I fucking hate my life and I got blood to work...ALSO ANOTHER BUG: NOW it CrAsHeS every time I start the level (oh and this happens to every game except duke nukem)

YET ANOTHER FUTURE EDIT?!?!?: so nvm from the last future edit I fix the bug where it crashes and now I'm back on square 1. Still the same issue as before: BLOOD.PAL: file too small! SO PLEAAAASE.....if anyone has a solution for this problem please private message me.

TF ARE WITH THESE FUTURE EDITS?!?!!!!?!: Good news I got blood to work but NOW when I launch cryptic passage, the entire game glitches and only shows a black screen. NoOoOw I need help with that!

GO TO HELL FUTURE EDITS!!!!: so I think cryptic passage is fixed now and I no longer need help. I will be deleting this tomorrow.
Attachments
(this a pic of the error. Again if anyone has a solution please private message me I would appreciate it)
(this a pic of the error. Again if anyone has a solution please private message me I would appreciate it)
Screenshot_20230702-165838.png (10.6 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
Last edited by iHaveYourGun on Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Phredreeke

Post by Phredreeke »

If emile were to port those games to Android, I would expect them to be a separate app, not part of Zeta Touch. The two games on the Quake 3 engine might fit Quad Touch but as I said earlier in this topic I'm not sure he wants to touch those given the circumstances of their release. I have no idea about the first Jedi Knight other than a reverse engineered port exists, OpenJKDF2.

Dark Forces would be a candidate for porting (recently it was ported to the Amiga), using the force engine. Lucius himself has expressed no interest in doing an Android port however he welcomes others to do so if they're willing to maintain it.
iHaveYourGun

Post by iHaveYourGun »

I need some new help now after April 20th I need some new help. How can I play these games (Ion Fury, A.W.O.L.) without it being 1 fps? I know what your gonna say after I say this, I'm running a Amazon fire hd 8 and I don't have a single computer in my room sooooooooooo. I just wanna know HOW! Please and Thank You!
emile_b
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by emile_b »

iHaveYourGun wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:40 pm I need some new help now after April 20th I need some new help. How can I play these games (Ion Fury, A.W.O.L.) without it being 1 fps? I know what your gonna say after I say this, I'm running a Amazon fire hd 8 and I don't have a single computer in my room sooooooooooo. I just wanna know HOW! Please and Thank You!
Only way these may run at acceptable performance on your device is in software rendering mode. Choose Software mode and a low resolution.
The issue is those tablets are kind of meant for media and videos and so have relatively weak GPUs.
iHaveYourGun

Post by iHaveYourGun »

emile_b wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:55 am
iHaveYourGun wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:40 pm I need some new help now after April 20th I need some new help. How can I play these games (Ion Fury, A.W.O.L.) without it being 1 fps? I know what your gonna say after I say this, I'm running a Amazon fire hd 8 and I don't have a single computer in my room sooooooooooo. I just wanna know HOW! Please and Thank You!
Only way these may run at acceptable performance on your device is in software rendering mode. Choose Software mode and a low resolution.
The issue is those tablets are kind of meant for media and videos and so have relatively weak GPUs.
Aha. But now that I got your attention. And I have another question, what the discord link to your server? And I have an idea for quad touch. But this forum is not the right place to tell you so I will tell you in then discord server ;)
iHaveYourGun

Post by iHaveYourGun »

Yo emile I have a problem and a question. The raze 1.7.1 version never loads into the game and it's always stuck on a black screen. Also can you update zeta touch? Cause raze has a new version 1.8.1, Please and Thank you!
emile_b
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by emile_b »

iHaveYourGun wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:48 am Yo emile I have a problem and a question. The raze 1.7.1 version never loads into the game and it's always stuck on a black screen. Also can you update zeta touch? Cause raze has a new version 1.8.1, Please and Thank you!
https://discord.com/invite/wWCY9hh5

Which renderer do you have selected for 1.7.1? Did you try another?
Yes I have updated to 1.8.1, just finishing it before release!

Return to “Projects”