[Shadow Warrior] High quality sound effects pack

Dzierzan

[Shadow Warrior] High quality sound effects pack

Post by Dzierzan »

Hi,

I released High Quality Sound Effects pack for Shadow Warrior. It's based on actual sources and if they were not found, sounds were upscaled. Including Lo Wang's voice. This mod also supports two "official" addons. As I am writing this post, this pack only supports Raze port. VoidSW doesn't support `Sound` token. If it does, I'll support it as well. WangGDX doesn't support it either. I am not interested in supporting other ports like SWP or Redux.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/shadow-warri ... nd-effects

Spreadsheet with sources:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Shadow Warrior] High quality sound effects pack

Post by wildweasel »

Messed with this and the Duke one, and I have to say these are pretty impressive. Even though I know that stuff like the voice acting had to be run through an upscaler, they sound fine enough to my ears that I don't really mind. Magnificent work to all involved.
Dzierzan

Post by Dzierzan »

Thanks! 5 months of work paid off. I honestly consider Shadow Warrior sound pack superior than Duke one, mainly due to I found more sources for SW than Duke. But the same time, most of SW sounds were unedited, so it was quite easy to spot the source, while in Duke, authors did edit sounds, so there was more detective work. But at the end, both "should" be good enough.

I might make in the future Redneck and Exhumed ones. And if I were supposed to choose one of them, I'd pick up Exhumed, as a lot of sounds are also used in console version, so I could support the recent new release of Exhumed. Time will tell.
Dzierzan

Post by Dzierzan »

If you're still into HQ sounds for SW game, then I recommend downloading the pack again. 20 more sounds were found as I am writing this post plus I updated some other upscaled sounds to remove high pitch pops (mistakes were made, sadly) or did minor other improvements, like Railgun firing sound should be more faithful to vanilla sound.

I also provided the same pack with VOCs for VoidSW and BuildGDX, but Raze can load them too.

Return to “Projects”