Faspons [JULY 20 2023] - Now Monster Pack Compatible!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
faslrn

Re: Faspons [REL: MAR 13 2020 / DEV: MAR 15 2020]

Post by faslrn »

LATEST UPDATES:

Code: Select all

[DEV ONLY]
- FIX: Riotgun having some odd frame twitching during the firing animation
- NEW: Kick, slide, and ammo toss are now separated and considered player actions that can be done at any time during reloading, switching, or firing weapons!

When I made Iron Man mode, I wanted to tweak a few things to make the game feel even smoother and restrict the player a bit less so you don't feel like some of the tools at your disposal could ever be used. The kick was one of these things - you had to decide to not shoot or reload to simply kick an enemy and that was something I very much hated for a LONG time.

Finally got around to making this an action that can be done at any point during gameplay - whether you are reloading, switching, or firing weapons, you can now kick when you want to have some extra defensive maneuvers when you are left defenseless while reloading or want to make a demon back off while firing.
Last edited by faslrn on Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

Oh wow that sounds buttery smooth, I have to try this
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

ooh, completely offhand freeform independant booting
faslrn

Re: Faspons [REL: MAR 13 2020 / DEV: MAR 16 2020]

Post by faslrn »

LATEST UPDATES:

Code: Select all

- CHANGE: Ultimate Agitation now forces vanilla monsters off and fast projectiles on. This should give some pause on tougher mapsets where these could be toggled and to provide a bigger incentive to only go to this mode if you want a harder challenge.
Another quick change while on my lunch break. Made Ultimate Agitation a bit tough by disabling some options and forcing you to player with some harder settings. This should also make the Iron Man mode version of it a bit more intense!
AL-97

Post by AL-97 »

Faspons has come a long way since release and is still an incredibly fun mod to play. Finally had a chance to play the latest version and gotta say, that new quick Mancubus barrage attack totally took me by surprise! And those two new "iron" difficulties are a nice idea for some additional challenge. Yet, by contrast, pinkie's default slow walk speed and that long stop before the monster charges you make them for an easier target when compared to the rest of the beefed-up bestiary. The alternative, non-visor, HUD is a bit small and ammo tallies are to read. Would love if you get a chance to increase its size in future versions. But those are just minor nitpicks, Faspons is one of my favourite mods and I'm excited to see it developed further!
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

AL-97 wrote:Faspons has come a long way since release and is still an incredibly fun mod to play. Finally had a chance to play the latest version and gotta say, that new quick Mancubus barrage attack totally took me by surprise! And those two new "iron" difficulties are a nice idea for some additional challenge. Yet, by contrast, pinkie's default slow walk speed and that long stop before the monster charges you make them for an easier target when compared to the rest of the beefed-up bestiary. The alternative, non-visor, HUD is a bit small and ammo tallies are to read. Would love if you get a chance to increase its size in future versions. But those are just minor nitpicks, Faspons is one of my favourite mods and I'm excited to see it developed further!
Hey AL! Thanks again for the feedback. I've really enjoyed watching your videos because it gives a really great insight into the mod from a player perspective. When you mentioned the pinkies and I watched your videos, it does make sense and I have some ideas on how to remedy that. As for the hud, I will make sure to look into tweaking the size so it is more readable.

I updated the OP with your latest video and also the playlist you created for Faspons because honestly - your polish and gameplay is one of the best on YT for Doom mods and not just for my mod, all mods you've played with have this cinematic feel and the way you pair it with the music just makes it feel all the more spectacular. I really appreciate what you do for the community!
AL-97

Post by AL-97 »

Thank you for the kind words, faslrn! You've always been very kind to me, featuring my videos and hearing my feedback. And by the way, good vid is impossible without the great mod! But please, don't stress yourself too much about the requests. You're a father now and family comes first :) Cheers!
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

I just got this mod and was wondering:

1. Whats the ammo toss for?
2. What exactly does Ultimate Agitation difficulty do?

There was no info about these two in the OP, nor in the mod's own readme.md.
AL-97

Post by AL-97 »

1. Multiplayer feature. If your mates are low on ammo, you can toss some on the ground by pressing the appropriate button.
2. Fast monster projectiles. Some monsters have new attack patterns.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

AL-97 wrote:1. Multiplayer feature. If your mates are low on ammo, you can toss some on the ground by pressing the appropriate button.
2. Fast monster projectiles. Some monsters have new attack patterns.
Thanks, that informs me well.
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Spaceman333 wrote:I just got this mod and was wondering:

1. Whats the ammo toss for?
2. What exactly does Ultimate Agitation difficulty do?

There was no info about these two in the OP, nor in the mod's own readme.md.
I added this information to the OP under a new section called "SOME NOTES" for stand-out things like you mentioned. I may revisit the OP to clean it up at some point.

In addition, I have some changes on the way to fill out the rest of the bloody monsters and re-work the drop-kick to make it something less, uh, goofy.
Shatter-Thought[V-4]
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Shatter-Thought[V-4] »

This mod is quite incredible! It feels tight and well made, putting it in the area of between Brutal Doom and Vanilla Doom quite nicely, fierce and tough (Especially with U agitator difficulty) , but it doesn't get too crazy.

I do think maybe the heavy gunners could have their firing spin up be one quarter of a second slower, but that's just me, as elsewise it's amazingly made and a ton of fun, and I am glad to see it can go well with other monster replacer mods if needed.

Very cool work!
Echelon5

Post by Echelon5 »

Heya, I hadn't updated Faspons in a while so I'm trying to get the latest version from gitlab but I get a "this page cannot be found or you do not have permission to access it" error. I thought I just needed to register but nope, even after doing that the link doesn't work. Unless I missed some obvious instructions somewhere.

Edit: Managed to get it by going through the gitlab link, clicking branches, then release. You might wanna take a look at the DOWNLOAD [RELEASE] and [DEVELOPMENT] links. At least, they don't work for me.
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Echelon5 wrote:Heya, I hadn't updated Faspons in a while so I'm trying to get the latest version from gitlab but I get a "this page cannot be found or you do not have permission to access it" error. I thought I just needed to register but nope, even after doing that the link doesn't work. Unless I missed some obvious instructions somewhere.

Edit: Managed to get it by going through the gitlab link, clicking branches, then release. You might wanna take a look at the DOWNLOAD [RELEASE] and [DEVELOPMENT] links. At least, they don't work for me.
Thanks for the heads-up. Looks like GitLab changed the URL for download links slightly so I fixed it in the main post.
MakuZdoom

Post by MakuZdoom »

Hello, is there a new or latest version? I love this mod, i was just
Finding some mods then saw this forum, pretty enjoyable and awesome mod :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”