Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Dr. Shotgun

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Post by Dr. Shotgun »

It does indeed answer the question. Thank you. I will now download this and give it a go.
sherberttcat

Post by sherberttcat »

I just finished it and it was really good. I rather liked the "Quality over quantity" approach you look with the level designs too. Great job.
0mrcynic0
Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Post by 0mrcynic0 »

So far I like this TC of a bad game. Finished the TC Nerves of Steel a few years ago.

Looking forward to another decent TC of a bad game from ImpieTwo.
Zaratul

Post by Zaratul »

0mrcynic0 wrote:Looking forward to another decent TC of a bad game from ImpieTwo.
Maybe Terminator Rampage? :)
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Zaratul wrote:
0mrcynic0 wrote:Looking forward to another decent TC of a bad game from ImpieTwo.
Maybe Terminator Rampage? :)
Ugh, no way. Next one is definitely Angst, when I find the time to make more than one level.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Oh hell, yeh I'm totally game for Angst. Any chance you'll take on Witchaven 1 or 2? That'd be quite the task
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I thought about Witchaven but I probably won't take them on. Not sure what I'll do after Angst, if anything.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I've split the GDX discussion here.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

@ImpieTwo

I guess your intention was that the player starts with 50 bullets. However, you wrote an ACS GiveInventory script. This creates two problems:

-The Uzi itself gives 20 bullets on top of your 50 bullets, so you start each map with 70.

-Reducing the clip amount by 20 to compensate still leaves us with another problem: Ammo is doubled on Very Easy and Nightmare, so you start each map with 140/100 bullets.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

DabbingSquidward wrote:@ImpieTwo

I guess your intention was that the player starts with 50 bullets. However, you wrote an ACS GiveInventory script. This creates two problems:

-The Uzi itself gives 20 bullets on top of your 50 bullets, so you start each map with 70.

-Reducing the clip amount by 20 to compensate still leaves us with another problem: Ammo is doubled on Very Easy and Nightmare, so you start each map with 140/100 bullets.
All of that is intentional. More or less. Really what that means is, it was all an unintended side-effect, but I left it alone. 50 bullets drains faster than you'd think with that uzi, so 70 feels a little better a starting amount without being too much. And since easy is for pansies and nightmare for crazy masochists, they'll need all the bullets they can get.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I dunno how many times I've tried to record a video of mission 4: Desert Strike, and got almost to the end before something screwed the video up and forced me to throw it out. The last time was a bug I have zero explanation for, involving a secret area.
Spoiler:
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

ImpieTwo wrote:HORUS
Oh, IIIII get it!
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Wiw wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote:HORUS
Oh, IIIII get it!
lol fellow mythology fan!
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Congratulations, ICARUSLIV3S has reviewed Operation Bodycount in his Doom Mod Madness YT series! :) A great honor for you.

ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Cherno wrote:Congratulations, ICARUSLIV3S has reviewed Operation Bodycount in his Doom Mod Madness YT series! :) A great honor for you.

Thanks! I recommended it to him in his stream chat once, and he'd been keeping an eye on it for some time already. He got to it a lot sooner than I expected! He also mentions it being a sequel to the original, which I hadn't realized is totally what I did: Victor doesn't technically die at the end of the original, and the mod begins with Victor imprisoned after forming a new terrorist force.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”