Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
300Stalker

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Post by 300Stalker »

I have a problem here and a big one. When i try running this with normal doom it goes fine but as soon as i try to run this with Doom RL and monster pack that comes with it along with hud this happens.

Script error, ":textures.txt" line 340:
Unknown patch 'ARM3A0' in texture 'ARM3'

Script error, ":textures.txt" line 341:
Unknown patch 'ARM3B0' in texture 'ARM3U'

ParseTeamInfo: Load team definitions.
LoadActors: Load actor definitions.
Script warning, ":actors/skills.txt" line 73:
Tried to define class 'DRPGDarkBlueAuraInfiniteAmmo' more than once. Renaming class to 'DRPGDarkBlueAuraInfiniteAmmo@@actors/skills.txt'
Script warning, ":actors/stims.txt" line 587:
Tried to define class 'DRPGPowerStimInfinity' more than once. Renaming class to 'DRPGPowerStimInfinity@@actors/stims.txt'
Script warning, ":actors/doomrl/powerups.txt" line 8:
Icon 'PINV' for 'InvulnerabilitySphere2' not found

Script error, ":actors/doomrl/powerups.txt" line 32:
Parent type 'RLInvulnerabilitySpherePickupGiver' not found in RLInvulnerabilitySpherePickupGiver2
Replaced type 'RLInvulnerabilitySpherePickupGiver' not found for RLInvulnerabilitySpherePickupGiver2
Script error, ":actors/doomrl/powerups.txt" line 34:
"INVENTORY.AUTOACTIVATE" is an unknown flag

Script error, ":actors/doomrl/powerups.txt" line 35:
"INVENTORY.ADDITIVETIME" is an unknown flag

Script error, ":actors/doomrl/powerups.txt" line 37:
"powerup.color" requires an actor of type "Inventory"

Execution could not continue.

Unexpected '255' in definition of 'RLInvulnerabilitySpherePickupGiver2'
And i can't use Doom RPG launcher cause Extras cant run with Doom RL and other stuff. Please help.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Are you sure you're running ZDoom 2.8.1 devbuilds or GZDoom's equivalent?
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

300Stalker wrote: And i can't use Doom RPG launcher cause Extras cant run with Doom RL and other stuff. Please help.
That may be because you're not supposed to run Extras with DoomRLA, and if that's what you're trying to do, it won't work.
hunterman123

Post by hunterman123 »

How come when I save and try to load my character it keep saying save is corrupted?
Make Eye

Post by Make Eye »

Getting the same issue as Stalker up there. I am using GZDoom 2.20, have I fucked up?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

300Stalker wrote:I have a problem here and a big one. When i try running this with normal doom it goes fine but as soon as i try to run this with Doom RL and monster pack that comes with it along with hud this happens.
Make Eye wrote:Getting the same issue as Stalker up there. I am using GZDoom 2.20, have I fucked up?
From the looks of what he posted, the solution is quite literally the previous post to 300Stalker's post.
hunterman123 wrote:How come when I save and try to load my character it keep saying save is corrupted?
Because just about any update to the engine breaks it, and it's getting dropped because there's no point fighting every single thing that breaks it constantly.
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

Somagu wrote:
300Stalker wrote: And i can't use Doom RPG launcher cause Extras cant run with Doom RL and other stuff. Please help.
That may be because you're not supposed to run Extras with DoomRLA, and if that's what you're trying to do, it won't work.
OK fine running extras with doomr arsenal won't work. But even without it I still find other shit I can't make it to run. If I run DoomRl arsenal and monster pack without patch it starts it with half stuff missing. But if I start it WITH patches I get another stupid error script.
And yes I am running newest gzdoom git build and followed all steps for the RPG launcher it just won't work.
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

More specificly this
Script error, ":textures.txt" line 340:
Unknown patch 'ARM3A0' in texture 'ARM3'

Script error, ":textures.txt" line 341:
Unknown patch 'ARM3B0' in texture 'ARM3U'

ParseTeamInfo: Load team definitions.
LoadActors: Load actor definitions.
Script warning, ":actors/skills.txt" line 73:
Tried to define class 'DRPGDarkBlueAuraInfiniteAmmo' more than once. Renaming class to 'DRPGDarkBlueAuraInfiniteAmmo@@actors/skills.txt'
Script warning, ":actors/stims.txt" line 587:
Tried to define class 'DRPGPowerStimInfinity' more than once. Renaming class to 'DRPGPowerStimInfinity@@actors/stims.txt'
Script warning, ":actors/doomrl/powerups.txt" line 8:
Icon 'PINV' for 'InvulnerabilitySphere2' not found

Parent type 'RLInvulnerabilitySpherePickupGiver' not found in RLInvulnerabilitySpherePickupGiver2
Replaced type 'RLInvulnerabilitySpherePickupGiver' not found for RLInvulnerabilitySpherePickupGiver2
Script error, ":actors/doomrl/powerups.txt" line 34:
"INVENTORY.AUTOACTIVATE" is an unknown flag

Script error, ":actors/doomrl/powerups.txt" line 35:
"INVENTORY.ADDITIVETIME" is an unknown flag

"powerup.color" requires an actor of type "Inventory"

Execution could not continue.

Unexpected '255' in definition of 'RLInvulnerabilitySpherePickupGiver2'

This was attempt with doom RPG launcher only with pacthes for DoomRL and monsters nothing else. And again GZdoom is up to date took it from this site
http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/
I am seriously lost with this mod install with all this
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

300Stalker wrote:I am seriously lost with this mod install with all this
Of course you are lost if you ignore me
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

Yholl wrote:
What do you mean ignore you?! This still happens whatever I do even with old version.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

300Stalker wrote:This still happens whatever I do even with old version.
Old version of what, specifically? DoomRPG? GZDoom?
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

300Stalker wrote:
Yholl wrote:
What do you mean ignore you?! This still happens whatever I do even with old version.
Pay attention, silly! He meant for you to refer to the post directly before yours, the one you (300Stalker) posted on Sat Oct 15, 2016. The post he is referring to is his own (Yholl), on Sun Oct 09, 2016.

To clarify, due to recent changes in gzdoom, newer versions will not work with DRPG. Kindly refer to this post by Yholl and download the build there: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?p=945095#p945095 (it's the link on the bottom post)

DRPG will run with that, just so you know.
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

To clarify, due to recent changes in gzdoom, newer versions will not work with DRPG. Kindly refer to this post by Yholl and download the build there: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?p=945095#p945095 (it's the link on the bottom post)

DRPG will run with that, just so you know.[/quote]

Yeah i got that. What am i supposed to do? Run it with newest GZDoom git build or older ones along with new version of doom RL arsenal. You need to go more into details.

Edit: Now i can run it but again most things are missing now. For instance i binded the keys for DR arsenal but i cant open the menu for crafting things.
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

OK another problem. When I was playing this with drarsenal everything was going fine until I decided to go back to outpost. All of a sudden everything was gone. My RPG HUD shop option everything related with RPG doom arsenal was still there. When I opened command line it says something about Runaway script for all RPG files. Solution?

Edit: More problems adding now. Now i am level 33 and all of a sudden the game slowed down INSANELY. At outpost i noticed that whenever i point at someone like marine the game slows or when i open a shop, stats, skills etc. I know its not my pc problem cause it can load first level of Doom 2 with only 30 or so monsters.
Last edited by 300Stalker on Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

No solution to that.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”