[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ryuhi

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4a, Why can't this be love

Post by Ryuhi »

It looks like the colt blueprints arent in the randomspawner, unless im missing something. I was able to find the actor name in the file [ColtBurstshotBlueprintBringer] but its not listed, might have been missed. was able to summon manually tho and i likes :D
Gadosen

Post by Gadosen »

PillowBlaster wrote:WE ARE IN THE BEAM! Since I am knee-deep in things, and was forever since I updated anything, I might as well pull out something smaller for now. Changelog in spoiler as usual. I'll update the OP with the new stuff in a moment.
Spoiler:
I'm so freaking happy... TRAILFUCKINGBLAZER IS BACK!!! :D
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Ryuhi wrote:It looks like the colt blueprints arent in the randomspawner, unless im missing something. I was able to find the actor name in the file [ColtBurstshotBlueprintBringer] but its not listed, might have been missed. was able to summon manually tho and i likes :D
[internal screaming]

I thought I forgot about it. But I couldn't; the Doom filter has that thing, so I guess I somehow reverted that addition as per usual. Plus I forgot to put it in a 7z alongside the text file. I'm genius. Quickfixed.
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

I also found these issues:
  • Boots of Speed, Disc of Repulsion, and Porkalator from Hexen were not replaced
  • Punch-reloading the Chrome Justice with the striploader upgrade does not work properly. Here's the change I made to fix that problem.
  • The Macheterang's upgrade meter and ammo count does not appear in Hexen
Lime

Post by Lime »

The Update Is AWESOME!!!! at least some bugs have fixed and tweaking.
- The Upgrades are good. the Most Favorite is the HEAVY MACHINEGUN! Brings me back the Metal Slug nostalgia just from the look of the mod.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Holy cow... the update itself may seem like a bunch of small changes here and there, but I must say that I'm thoroughly enjoying what came of it. :D

The FMG and Colts don't feel so useless anymore. With the Heavy Machine Gun, I can now "spray and pray", ripping through my enemies with a steady barrage of bullets! The same with the Colts' triple burst shot upgrade... I can decimate much larger foes much faster now! Not to mention, the ammo's free! :D

I think my favorite part of this whole thing was the Machete's Upgrade... those phantom strikes are so fun to spam with... not to mention, it requires no ammo. An upgrade worthy of the Macheterang! :D

I have a few suggestions to help improve gameplay...

- It'd be nice if we could get a couple indicators (like the ones for scrap/the hazmat suit/jetpack fuel/etc.) in the status bar to let us know how many health/armor bonus syringes we picked up over the course of a campaign.

- It'd also be nice if we had a similar counter that displays the current number of Blastspheres in our inventory, without having to scroll through our inventory to see how many we have left.

I had something else, but I can't remember at the moment...

Regardless, awesome work as always! :D
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Talon1024 wrote:I also found these issues:
  • Boots of Speed, Disc of Repulsion, and Porkalator from Hexen were not replaced
  • Punch-reloading the Chrome Justice with the striploader upgrade does not work properly. Here's the change I made to fix that problem.
-Haha... I love me some revert button right next to save. Will fix.
-Huh, I thought I did handle this, but I forgot it works both ways - punch-to-reload, and reload-to-punch. Will fix.
-The SBARINFO at the moment is a huge mess, so I think I'll rework a portion responsible for that stuff anyway.
DoomKrakken wrote:- It'd be nice if we could get a couple indicators (like the ones for scrap/the hazmat suit/jetpack fuel/etc.) in the status bar to let us know how many health/armor bonus syringes we picked up over the course of a campaign.

- It'd also be nice if we had a similar counter that displays the current number of Blastspheres in our inventory, without having to scroll through our inventory to see how many we have left.
I thought about it, but the HUD gets crowded as it is. I'll think about it.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

If you were interested in displaying upgrades/spherecounts/etc without adding clutter to the hud, maybe you could make a push to prompt key for info like that? I know the newer versions of samsara have something similar for displaying server settings but i don't know if its a pain to implement.

basically you bind it to a key and then it has a small list of info pop up on screen for a few seconds before disappearing. maybe you could position it to be near the relative areas (health upgrades slightly above health, armor near armor etc etc?)
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Sounds like something that could be useful for more than just that...
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

Found an issue. when the macheterang is selected, you only have one and you throw it, if autoswitch is turned off, the game still thinks you have it equipped. if it's upgraded, it won't let you upgrade any other weapons until you switch back to and away from it.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

The weapon gets removed before the token, hence the issue. Fixded.
sycspysycspy

Post by sycspysycspy »

Bug Report: Chrome justice never get ammo cap increased with back pack
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Isn't the Chrome Justice supposed to get its ammo increase via its upgrade, and not the backpack?
twelvenipon

Post by twelvenipon »

thanks for update , i found macheterang slashes kill monsters through wall,
//HERE COMES UPGRADED NIGHT TRAIN~
Actor MacheteSlashProjectile
{
Radius 1
Height 1 ---- change to 3 fix issue /
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Talon1024 wrote:I also found these issues:

I also noticed in Hexen that Dark Servant is also not replaced

Return to “Gameplay Mods”