Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 Total Conversion - New screens

Post by Vostyok »

Bit of a bump, but I will be away for a week or so. So no updates for now :(

However, I am looking for new textures right now. Suitable for a post-apocalyptic setting. Preferably 128x128 walls but anything is good. Nothing too photo realistic. But that should be obvious from screenshots.

Anyway, laters.
SorkTheUnweildy

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 Total Conversion - looking for textures

Post by SorkTheUnweildy »

What was the song you used in the demo from a few years ago, if it's okay to ask? Also, hello! This mod looks quite good thus far!
Gez

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 Total Conversion - New screens

Post by Gez »

Vostyok wrote:Bit of a bump, but I will be away for a week or so. So no updates for now :(

However, I am looking for new textures right now. Suitable for a post-apocalyptic setting. Preferably 128x128 walls but anything is good. Nothing too photo realistic. But that should be obvious from screenshots.

Anyway, laters.

Anything good from this and that? They're the Terminator resources ripped by ZXD. Perhaps the Quarantine packs could work too.
Vostyok

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 Total Conversion - Announcement

Post by Vostyok »

@ SorkTheUnwieldy
Haha I get asked about this occassionaly. The original midi was called "Red Gloom", and was carried over from my days with Quake. I can't remember where it came from originally or who made it, but there is the original proper rock version here http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/269469. If anyone can find the original origin of the midi version, I suppose it would be nice to know so I can credit him/her for the original demo theme.

@ Gez
Awesome thanks for those. Ozymandius81 already ripped a bunch of Skynet stuff for me, but it would be worth looking at the Necrodome assets. Many thanks. :D

And now....

DEMO ANNOUNCEMENT

Yep, I'm finally at the stage where I am wanting to release the next Beta of the mod/wad. Look forward to the end of this month, or perhaps early June, for the next release. I'm afraid I'll be going away again after that for an extended duration, but we're getting real close to what the project will finally be. Very happy so far with the new look/gameplay. But enough hype. I'll be back on soon to answer any questions and post more news.

Now, enough hype. Nothing else to see here. So long. Bye.

Get out of here stalker. Get out of here stalker. Get out of here stalker. Get out of here stalker.
-Ghost-

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 Total Conversion - Announcement!

Post by -Ghost- »

Looking good, congrats on the next version! Will you be doing the same as before and giving us a version that's just the gameplay/monsters etc for playing in other levels, too?
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

-Ghost- wrote:Looking good, congrats on the next version! Will you be doing the same as before and giving us a version that's just the gameplay/monsters etc for playing in other levels, too?
Of course! It's been my intention from the start! Since my mod could easily fit into the earth part of BD map pak, or the Duke Nukem TC into my own levels. That's two examples, I guess.
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 Total Conversion - Announcement

Post by TheLightBad96 »

Vostyok wrote: What Vostyok said
Spoiler:
@Vostyok, I guess I know what I am going to do on June, Playing and *recording it
*only with permisson from author since it's not just a Doom Mod but it's a TC
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Happy Nuking! Can't wait for the demo!
GENTEK

(WIP) Ashes 2063 Total Conversion - Announcement!

Post by GENTEK »

Can't wait to play this New Release dude! 8-)
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Sorry for the delay. My little excursion has been cancelled, so I'll be staying here and working on the demo instead.

Since I've got more time on my hands, I've been working on improving what I've got, so it'll better reflect the finished ideal. Also bugfixing as I go, so you guys don't have to :P
Currently finishing off an expanded part of MAP02, as well as the sprites for the motorcycle when ridden and when stationary. We finally have a PlayerSprite!

Also be uploading a full credits list soon, now I've got all the resources tied down.

Again, apologies. Deffo will be finished this month, there is that I guess.

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 Total Conversion - Need to Youtube this

Post by Captain J »

He's still slayin, at night i guess- Anyway it looks good, and can't wait for the demo!
GENTEK

(WIP) Ashes 2063 Total Conversion - Need to Youtube this

Post by GENTEK »

A lots of modern game in shops and I just wait for Ashes!!! :D
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, the weapons and enemies alone are great and have a unique feel to them. Add in the maps and you've got an awesome Doom TC.
MSPaintR0cks

Post by MSPaintR0cks »

This all looks so absolutely fantastic and interesting... just seeing those screenshots makes me want to play it so badly! They look so beautiful and athmospheric, I can kind of imagine the sound of the wind howling trough those abandoned buildings and the smell of old, dusty factories.
Gonna keep my eye on this! :D
Vostyok

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 Total Conversion - demo 2 eyecandy

Post by Vostyok »

Oh Jeeeeeeez we're getting soooooo so so close
Spoiler:
Trying real hard to finish this by the end of the week. Please forgive me if the demo seems a little unfinished. Polishing the fook out of everything I can.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”