Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.6.0 New spell system

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SeriousWeasle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.0.1

Post by SeriousWeasle »

I have been playing with this mod for a "little bit" more and found out that the blursphere artifact has a stimpack sprite when it is hovering as a pickup. Apart from this, I have played some Slaughterfest with Colourful Hell and reached the level cap of 200. All my stats are at 500 and when I try to put points into them, it just takes my points and does not increase that stat.
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

Here's a lil' bug report:
Blur spell appear as floating stimpack until picked up.
Random stat alloc. doesn't want to up your vitality and instead wastes points.
Some non-enemy actor in Colourful Hell(like orange cacodemon's sunballs) give a whole lot of EXP when destroyed.
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

SeriousWeasle wrote:I have been playing with this mod for a "little bit" more and found out that the blursphere artifact has a stimpack sprite when it is hovering as a pickup. Apart from this, I have played some Slaughterfest with Colourful Hell and reached the level cap of 200. All my stats are at 500 and when I try to put points into them, it just takes my points and does not increase that stat.
yeah the stat cap is 500, i honestly never expected them to be reached lol, i assume you cranked up the stats you get per level?
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Ikazu-san wrote:Here's a lil' bug report:
Blur spell appear as floating stimpack until picked up.
Random stat alloc. doesn't want to up your vitality and instead wastes points.
Some non-enemy actor in Colourful Hell(like orange cacodemon's sunballs) give a whole lot of EXP when destroyed.
testing just right now, random stat allocation was putting points into vitality for me and was giving the health boost so im not sure what going on there

the blur sphere thing was a copypaste derp on my end and should be fixed next version....serves me right to try and rush it out today.

and ill look into these weird experience gains a few mods are having.
SeriousWeasle

Post by SeriousWeasle »

monkeybtm6 wrote:yeah the stat cap is 500, i honestly never expected them to be reached lol, i assume you cranked up the stats you get per level?
I left them at default values, I only tried to use console commands to try and set the max level higher than 200 and apparently it does not work.
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

SeriousWeasle wrote:
monkeybtm6 wrote:yeah the stat cap is 500, i honestly never expected them to be reached lol, i assume you cranked up the stats you get per level?
I left them at default values, I only tried to use console commands to try and set the max level higher than 200 and apparently it does not work.
appaerently you were gaining experience waaaay faster than you were supposed to. oddity with colorful hell, few monster projectiles are monsters themselves, and when they are destroyed you earn the experience since experience values are determined by the monsters health divided by 20, theres one caco projectile that has 6666 health

sooo every time that projectiles destroyed you get 333 experience....which is a LOT.... ill have to work on a colorful hell specific patch lol

and the max levels got a hard cap of 200, cant ever increase it.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Since anything concerning Aracnocide refers to me, "SmokeEffects" is an ACS from Aracnocide which is needed for the smoke toggling CVAR. Just thought i should bring this up. I'll try this ASAP, seems really cool.
SeriousWeasle

Post by SeriousWeasle »

monkeybtm6 wrote: sooo every time that projectiles destroyed you get 333 experience....which is a LOT.... ill have to work on a colorful hell specific patch lol

I noticed, and I have reset my stats, because it wasn't fun having everything maxed out. Furthermore, my level maxed at 200 like you would expect, however I was still able to get more stat points everytime I should have leveled up beyond level 200. (I set the mrpg_levelcap cvar to the 32-bit maximum via the console, but, like you said the level cap is hard-capped at 200, so the counter did not move up, but I got the message that I leveled up and got my stat points.)
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

SeriousWeasle wrote:
monkeybtm6 wrote: sooo every time that projectiles destroyed you get 333 experience....which is a LOT.... ill have to work on a colorful hell specific patch lol

I noticed, and I have reset my stats, because it wasn't fun having everything maxed out. Furthermore, my level maxed at 200 like you would expect, however I was still able to get more stat points everytime I should have leveled up beyond level 200. (I set the mrpg_levelcap cvar to the 32-bit maximum via the console, but, like you said the level cap is hard-capped at 200, so the counter did not move up, but I got the message that I leveled up and got my stat points.)
levels are actually an inventory item, and i had set the cap to 200 for a good reason do not change that. the levelup check code checks the cvar though, so if the cvar is set higher than 200 it tries to level you up but then it cant.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Whats the game experience like when you get max level? How does it compare to default vanilla doomguy?
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Spaceman333 wrote:Whats the game experience like when you get max level? How does it compare to default vanilla doomguy?
Overpowered as as all hell. if enemy scaling is enabled then higher level enemies make encounters a bit more varied.
SeriousWeasle

Post by SeriousWeasle »

Spaceman333 wrote:Whats the game experience like when you get max level? How does it compare to default vanilla doomguy?
In v. 1.0.1 of this mod:
1100 health,
6x vanilla damage
extreme damage reduction (shotgun guy at point blank on Ultra Violence deals around 1 damage),
You have enough mana / mana regen to pretty much keep any spell active for as long as you want by using it again when it depletes. (You have like 825 mana and it regens super fast)

In conclusion, very OP. Mapsets / maps like Chillax or Okuplok will probably be easy/medium difficulty and very playable.
Spaceman333

Re: Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.0.2

Post by Spaceman333 »

Hell yeah, thats my jam. Thank you both, downloading this mod now.
monkeybtm6

Re: Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.1.0

Post by monkeybtm6 »

First major update after all the feedback yesterday. my lack of prerelease play testing really bit me in the ass.

Code: Select all

Changelog:

1.1.0:
Nerfed defense stat.
Added clear data option.
tweaked some scripts to improve compatibility.
Changed default experience base to 100.
Added mana and health displays to the menu.
Legend doom works now!
Baratus
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Re: Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.1.0

Post by Baratus »

Very cool mod! I just have a few comments to make:

-There are some stimpacks that monsters drop that you can't pick up. Seems like it's the partial invis power?
-It would be great if there was some visual indicator that a power was active, and when it's about to run out, even if it's just a sprite in the corner of the HUD.
-I find it a little strange soulspheres and megaspheres still cap your health at only 200, considering you can increase your health much higher than that, although it's a fairly sensible feature for not completely wrecking the gameplay balance. Could you include a setting to remove the health cap for powerups as a feature you can toggle for sandbox/slaughter maps?

Hexen support would be great to have, too. It works partially but the stat bonuses don't appear to affect the classes.

All in all this is a great mod that adds some cool new features and powerups to the game while not altering the original experience all that much. I like how it's compatible with other weapon and gameplay mods, although there are some minor bugs when running Smooth Doom.

Looking forward to the next version, whenever that is!

EDIT: Oh dang, an update moments before I posted this! I'll have to check this out now.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”