[Weapons] Little known FPS weapons

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Reactor

Re: [Weapons] Little known FPS weapons

Post by Reactor »

I'll upload the entire stuff to somewhere once I could find a file-hosting site which won't delete the file after 90 days and such. Dropbox would be awesome, but it keeps whining about I used up all available space, even if I didn't. Until than, I can temp-upload certain stuff, if you can tell me what exactly you shall need - to Zippy. It is only a temporary storage, so what I upload there will not stay there for all eternity.
Regardless, I'm doing one last animated hi-tech scope, and after that, continue to work on the rest of them weapon HUDs. I updated the first post, so I'm doin' good progress here.
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

I have the sounds for some of the weapons though.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Finished the animated scope for the Anti-matter beam. The whole animation became shorter than I expected - 56 frames - however, it contains tons of flashing, moving, or simply glittering rubbish, hence the long creation time. Since this is the most advanced firearm ever created in the known universe and beyond (even though it's still an experimental, unreleased gun), I tried to make it as hi-tech as possible. Anti-matter beam shall require rather precise targeting, so players will be utilizing the scope a lot. Here is a little appetizer, the original size is of course 1024×768.
Attachments
Anti-matter beam animated scope sample
Anti-matter beam animated scope sample
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Finished the scope for the Thermal Shok Launcher!

This time, I have something unique for ya. Unlike the previous scopes, this one is situated on the side of the weapon, not on the top (you can see it on the first page), so it goes without saying that I had to fix together a sideways scope, giving it an unusual WearComp feeling.
Another unique thing about this scope is that it uses symbols instead of letters and digits to display information. This is strange indeed, considering how much it differs from every other Zicca firearm's targeting system. Also, this was the first weapon which uses multiple monitors to display information. Well, the concept proved to be successful, since they utilized it later at the Anti-matter beam, too.

The animation consists 47 frames alltogether, resolution is 1024×768, as usual.
Attachments
Thermal Shok Launcher scope
Thermal Shok Launcher scope
Oberron

Post by Oberron »

Can you do the sprites for me? Thanks.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Yes, sure, but which sprites?
Oberron

Post by Oberron »

The guns itself.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

UPDATE: All gun frames & scopes are uploaded to Google Drive and disclosed for everyone. Let's hope Google Drive will perform better than Dropbox did.
And thanks for the tip, Eruanna - your suggestion has helped resources managing (and thus, the community) a LOT!!!
Kizoky
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kizoky »

Did you convert all Sniper: Path of Vengeance weapons?
I'm thinking of creating a port to ZDoom just for fun purposes, but unfortunately since I can't rip the models I can't really do a port with the models
Oberron

Post by Oberron »

I'd love to see a port of it. Plus, the game is completely ass.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Not all of them, but the great majority of them. The ones which were usable, or there was a shortage of it.

For ripping stuff from Sniper, I have the tools, but I haven't the experience. You shall need Blender, and 3D Exploration (I think it can read LTB models). Use 3D Exploration to save LTB models as OBJ models, THEN use Blender to save OBJ models as MD3. Complicated, ye, but believe you me, this is the simplest way.
Oberron

Post by Oberron »

Reactor wrote:Not all of them, but the great majority of them. The ones which were usable, or there was a shortage of it.

For ripping stuff from Sniper, I have the tools, but I haven't the experience. You shall need Blender, and 3D Exploration (I think it can read LTB models). Use 3D Exploration to save LTB models as OBJ models, THEN use Blender to save OBJ models as MD3. Complicated, ye, but believe you me, this is the simplest way.
I ripped textures using DXTBMP, and converted them to jpegs, because my old XP computer is unbootable... which sucks.
Kizoky

Post by Kizoky »

Reactor wrote:Not all of them, but the great majority of them. The ones which were usable, or there was a shortage of it.

Welp, I thought It was gonna be way more easier, but it can't be helped
As far as I know Lithtech models are a hussle to rip and convert into usable model, but I'll see what I can do

Edit: unfortunately It can't convert the models
You need this converter: http://www.cote-duke.narod.ru/LTB2X.html
It converts LTB models to X (DirectX model)
but it cannot convert the animations
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

You can still convert static objects. You know...props, scenery items, ammo and the likes. Damn, even unanimated models are better than having no models at all. They would still be an excellent addition to our resources. There are plenty, and even if Sniper is a pretty bad game, it is eligible as raw materials for games which will actually be good. I...we are quite short on usable models, therefore having and sharing the models from Sniper shall greatly help our cause.

Let's see how you handle this. Convert all the static objects models to .X first, and then, to .OBJ, and send them over here, so I can finish the conversion using Blender and the MD3 plugin. That is the mission. The usage of the software "3D Exploration" shall ensure maximum efficiency for .X to .OBJ conversion. That is advice.
Kizoky

Post by Kizoky »

Reactor wrote:You can still convert static objects. You know...props, scenery items, ammo and the likes. Damn, even unanimated models are better than having no models at all. They would still be an excellent addition to our resources. There are plenty, and even if Sniper is a pretty bad game, it is eligible as raw materials for games which will actually be good. I...we are quite short on usable models, therefore having and sharing the models from Sniper shall greatly help our cause.

Let's see how you handle this. Convert all the static objects models to .X first, and then, to .OBJ, and send them over here, so I can finish the conversion using Blender and the MD3 plugin. That is the mission. The usage of the software "3D Exploration" shall ensure maximum efficiency for .X to .OBJ conversion. That is advice.
Just a friendly reminder that Sniper has a total of 478 models
Do you want me to convert the weapons only? It will be a fun game locating down the weapon models because all file names are in Polish

Here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_V3K ... lFiVnY2ekU

I converted all models found in "bronie" (in English "weapons") but without the textures
Unfortunately I couldn't convert the low poly models. (bronie_post)

Return to “Resources”