Serious Models

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Enjay

Serious Models

Post by Enjay »

I've been meaning to poke around inside the Serious Sam First and Second Encounter data files for some time. I did so today and found some models that could be converted to MD3 and which might be useful to someone. The conversion process wasn't quite as straight forward as it would be if the models and the skins were in a more familiar format. The process wasn't difficult but it did mean juggling between three different programs for each model and sometimes quite a bit of work on the skin or the UV mapping so it was time consuming.

I have no idea how or if animations can be converted so, unfortunately, there isn't much point in trying to rip enemies or weapons but some of these decorations are quite nice.

Anyway, here they are. I have made no real attempt to make suitable decorate files for them (they are all non blocking and the default size ATM). Also, the scaling I picked to show them off was just a very quick "that looks close enough" process just so that I could see them in game. If anyone wants to use them, proper DECORATE/ZScript files will be needed and a bit more attention will be needed to get the sizes/scaling right too. Feel free to use them as you wish.

Pictures:
Spoiler:
File:
http://www.aspectsweb.co.uk/enjay/doom/ ... Models.pk3
About 90 models and ~10MB.

Credit to Croteam, of course.
Last edited by Enjay on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeimuzu73

Re: Serious Models

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Serious work there, Enjay! Now if Serious Sam: The Retro Encounter could be remade...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Updated the file in the OP with a few more models.
Spoiler:
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

OH YES! IMHOTEP! IMHOTEP! IMHOTEP! :D

[EDIT]: Oh shit, just mixed up some models and I got this one useful for Castle themed maps! Thanks Enjay! :wub:
Spoiler:
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

Oh my, that honestly looks a bit like UnrealED with lighting disabled.

Return to “Resources”