[RELEASE] Prodoomer V3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
leodoom85

Re: [RELEASE] Prodoomer V3.1 [GZDoom]

Post by leodoom85 »

Obelisk wrote:How do I legitimately unlock Map32? I collected all 60 of the rings on my 2nd playthrough, as well as got all S Ranks, but the door still won't open. With the new v3 update do I need to do more to unlock it? If so, what am I missing?

EDIT: Alright, there is. (I re-read the V3 changelog) Does unlocking that map now have anything to do with one of those SECRET rings I collected in MAP25 - Lost Colony? (It was in an invisible wall)
Yes, it does. Also, try to find and kill EVERY monster in the game....
Obelisk

Post by Obelisk »

leodoom85 wrote:
Obelisk wrote:How do I legitimately unlock Map32? I collected all 60 of the rings on my 2nd playthrough, as well as got all S Ranks, but the door still won't open. With the new v3 update do I need to do more to unlock it? If so, what am I missing?

EDIT: Alright, there is. (I re-read the V3 changelog) Does unlocking that map now have anything to do with one of those SECRET rings I collected in MAP25 - Lost Colony? (It was in an invisible wall)
Yes, it does. Also, try to find and kill EVERY monster in the game....
I'm only missing 4 slots at this point, which I assume are the last few monsters that only exist in the secret level. The last 4 question mark panels are positioned at the very end of the list, as I have already gotten the rest of the secret monsters from their respective levels. But I AM definitely still keeping that in mind.
Lolhat

Post by Lolhat »

Hey, I'm looking for some help. I might just be really dumb, but I'm not a pro at fixing errors when it comes to doom mods. So I downloaded the latest version of Prodoomer, and I tried running it with the latest version of GZDoom. My only result is getting this error message, and I don't know what to do about it/how to fix it. AFAIK this mod was supposed to be standalone, so I don't get what could be missing. (Hidden in spoiler as not to stretch the page unnecessarily)
Spoiler:
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Lolhat wrote:Hey, I'm looking for some help. I might just be really dumb, but I'm not a pro at fixing errors when it comes to doom mods. So I downloaded the latest version of Prodoomer, and I tried running it with the latest version of GZDoom. My only result is getting this error message, and I don't know what to do about it/how to fix it. AFAIK this mod was supposed to be standalone, so I don't get what could be missing. (Hidden in spoiler as not to stretch the page unnecessarily)
Spoiler:
Play the mod with GZDoom 2.2.0 and also see the first page of this topic. It can save you a lot of time :)
PsychoSilverTH
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

leodoom85 wrote:
Lolhat wrote:Hey, I'm looking for some help. I might just be really dumb, but I'm not a pro at fixing errors when it comes to doom mods. So I downloaded the latest version of Prodoomer, and I tried running it with the latest version of GZDoom. My only result is getting this error message, and I don't know what to do about it/how to fix it. AFAIK this mod was supposed to be standalone, so I don't get what could be missing. (Hidden in spoiler as not to stretch the page unnecessarily)
Spoiler:
Play the mod with GZDoom 2.2.0 and also see the first page of this topic. It can save you a lot of time :)
Prodoomer works from version "gzdoom-x64-g2.4pre-288-g0e5aee4 Jan 30 2017" onwards.
https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Can I ask you a few questions??

Is ducking intended in this mod, as in, necessary to use, or it's forbiden to use it and can lead me to abuse some map assets, thus get place where I'm not supposed to be (or not intend to be that way) ??

When I running and quickly look around, my screen jittering, like my freelook aim teleporting from one position to another, is it a bug or intended? In either cases, how do I fix it?
CrazyAppel

Post by CrazyAppel »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Can I ask you a few questions??

Is ducking intended in this mod, as in, necessary to use, or it's forbiden to use it and can lead me to abuse some map assets, thus get place where I'm not supposed to be (or not intend to be that way) ??

When I running and quickly look around, my screen jittering, like my freelook aim teleporting from one position to another, is it a bug or intended? In either cases, how do I fix it?
Hello, I'm not sure if you have this issue without using this mod as well, but if not then it's related to the Tilt++ mod implementation. The differentials in height when strafing left/right causes the camera to kind of f*ck-up and results in a weird jittery lag-ish experience, trying to find out a way to disable it ATM, but if the developer has a quicker way (like implementing the tilt++ menu in this mod), or even just a cvar to disable the tilting that would be awesome.

I will report back if I found a temporary fix.

EDIT: I've found a temporary fix for the jitter-ish lag. Open the PRODOOMER.PK3 with WinRAR and search for a file called "LOADACS", edit it with notepad and remove "CAMETILT" line from the file, save it and then go to the ACS folder and delete the "CAMETILT" file from it. This will eliminate the jittery lag that you experience but it will also remove the strafe tilt effect that was implemented so only do this if you go mentally insane from that annoying jitter like me.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

CrazyAppel wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Can I ask you a few questions??

Hello, I'm not sure if you have this issue without using this mod as well, but if not then it's related to the Tilt++ mod implementation. The differentials in height when strafing left/right causes the camera to kind of f*ck-up and results in a weird jittery lag-ish experience, trying to find out a way to disable it ATM, but if the developer has a quicker way (like implementing the tilt++ menu in this mod), or even just a cvar to disable the tilting that would be awesome.

I will report back if I found a temporary fix.

EDIT: I've found a temporary fix for the jitter-ish lag. Open the PRODOOMER.PK3 with WinRAR and search for a file called "LOADACS", edit it with notepad and remove "CAMETILT" line from the file, save it and then go to the ACS folder and delete the "CAMETILT" file from it. This will eliminate the jittery lag that you experience but it will also remove the strafe tilt effect that was implemented so only do this if you go mentally insane from that annoying jitter like me.
Yeah, only this mod have this laggy-jitterish-aimteleporting glitch\bug. At first I thought it was gzdoom bug, but seeing I'm not the only one who have it, I guess it's the problem with the tilt mod itself. The thing you suggest seems will remove it completely from the game, so unless there is a way to fix it, I'll sure use your method to fix this darn thing.

Anyway, any idea if the duck\crouch\prone was intended for this mod, or it's rather abuse\exploitation\unintended feature?
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Anyway, any idea if the duck\crouch\prone was intended for this mod, or it's rather abuse\exploitation\unintended feature?
It is intended. Some secret areas, and even some places necessary for progressing need you to crouch down.
albertoacv4498

Post by albertoacv4498 »

Can I play this mod with other map packs I've downloaded or created with OBLIGE?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

albertoacv4498 wrote:Can I play this mod with other map packs I've downloaded or created with OBLIGE?
Why not? It's a weapon/monster mod, after all... :)
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

Hello can i ask something?

Could you remove the player level limitations for buying itens. There is no point to haveing then and it just acentuates the grind.
albertoacv4498

Post by albertoacv4498 »

Mods that have some kind of progress, examples being this and DoomRPG always make me have the same doubt. If I'm able to play with any map packs, can I somehow change the map pack I'm playing while still using the same "character"?

EDIT: You can't play with other map packs. I mean, you can play the maps, but the EXP and credits system do not work, and the only way to change maps is to use the "map" or "idclev" command. And that makes you start from scratch...
0/10...
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

You can use the Changemap (map number) comand. it acts as you exited the level normaly.

Also DoomRPG has a feture that alows you to port your char. too diferent mapsets but its broken right now.

Idealy we would get to a point that it does no matter how many map-sets you put in since the mod detects then and seperates then in their on campains.
albertoacv4498

Post by albertoacv4498 »

I really hope they start working on DoomRPG again. If I understood correctly, it was abandonded for the moment.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”