guilty conscience?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Am I a...

Honest guy
27%
Pirate
27%
Eeh... so-so
45%

Total votes: 22

cccp_leha

guilty conscience?

Post by cccp_leha »

I [honestly] bought Doom2 for $10.99 in the clearance bin at Comp USA, but lost the CD shortly after. Then I lost the IWAD in a HD crash. Apparently I w4rezd the IWAD. Whaddya think? Similar experiences?
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

I paid $19.99 for my Doom Collector's Edition, but some things are way too expensive to pay for. Doom, I like and wanted to pay for. Photoshop is a few hundred dollars so... heh!
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Everybody who owns a computer has done this at a time. Don't worry. BTW, the people who are using the largest amount of warez are software developers. You won't believe what I have seen in the last 12 years since I started this job...
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Yarr, You is a pirate and shall slumber in the seven seas. Shiver me timbers!
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Thou shalt suffer the curse of the Black Pearl! :D
SargeBaldy

Post by SargeBaldy »

i paid $40 for the ultimate doom and a $10 quake shareware CD i got at the same time contained all of id's other games, which you could easily rip. that was just too tempting :P but i'll end up paying for everything someday, far into the future when i have over $10 in my bank account.
HotWax

Re: guilty conscience?

Post by HotWax »

cccp_leha wrote:I [honestly] bought Doom2 for $10.99 in the clearance bin at Comp USA, but lost the CD shortly after. Then I lost the IWAD in a HD crash. Apparently I w4rezd the IWAD. Whaddya think? Similar experiences?
If you're referring to my post here, I never actually said somebody who lost a CD is a software pirate... If ya can't take a joke....

Still, taking what people say in a forum or chatroom at face value is like believing everyone in prison when they tell you they're innocent.. Everyone's gotta story... Of course, that could just be my cynical outlook talking, but I find people usually live down to my expectations. Sad but true.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

cutmanmike wrote:Yarr, You is a pirate and shall slumber in the seven seas. Shiver me timbers!
you also need professional help...
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

At least I know how to spell chicken.... Watch

C-H-I-K-E-N
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

HotWax wrote: If you're referring to my post here, I never actually said somebody who lost a CD is a software pirate... If ya can't take a joke....
HAHAHA, I can't believe you said that!!! Really though, I didn't even get a chance to see your post until you pointed it out just now. So there was no hidden meaning or allusion or anything like that, just a, you might say "curiousity poll". My little brother snapped my Jedi Outcast CD in half, so I went out and... got a NOCD patch. Nothing wrong with that.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

cccp_leha wrote:
HotWax wrote: If you're referring to my post here, I never actually said somebody who lost a CD is a software pirate... If ya can't take a joke....
HAHAHA, I can't believe you said that!!! Really though, I didn't even get a chance to see your post until you pointed it out just now. So there was no hidden meaning or allusion or anything like that, just a, you might say "curiousity poll". My little brother snapped my Jedi Outcast CD in half, so I went out and... got a NOCD patch. Nothing wrong with that.
Nothing at all. In fact I would have gotten the patch shortly after installing the game, broken CD or not. CD protection schemes cause many more problems than they solve. People are STILL having trouble over the Diablo 2 protection scheme with certain CD-ROM drives, Morrowind runs about 25% slower with the protection enabled, the list goes on. Any decent hacker can crack any protection in a matter of days, leaving all the honest customers getting the short end of the stick. Here's a pop quiz:

1) If you're a legitimate user and your CD-Key (super-effective protection scheme that that is notwithstanding...) gets stolen and stops working, what do you do?

Answer: Buy a new copy.

2) If you're a pirate and the CD-Key you stole stops working, what do you do?

Answer: Load the CD-Key generator back up and obtain a new key in about 2.3 seconds.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

i must own atleast $10000 worth of warez
final doom, heretic and hexen being of the many

if they charge you $900 for it or its to old then i say it alrright ;)
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

Heh, well I bought Doom2, Heretic and Final Doom.

The rest (UD, Hexen, Deathkings) are warez'd. :P
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

And yet I'm still the only one who's owning up to being a pirate....
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

i got my copy of ChexQuest free in a box of cerial... does that count as warez? :)

Return to “General”