[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

Post by Zhs2 »

They're purely warnings. So far as I've seen the mod still works as intended without any side effects, so they're not urgently in need of bug fixing. (Two of them are sprite warnings for code that only functions in Hexen, anyway.)
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Zhs2 wrote:They're purely warnings. So far as I've seen the mod still works as intended without any side effects, so they're not urgently in need of bug fixing. (Two of them are sprite warnings for code that only functions in Hexen, anyway.)
Ok, thanks for the answer because I was worried about these errors
Solus

Post by Solus »

Hello!
I've been playing your mod for the past weeks with Colourful Hell and holy crap what did I found here!
Your mod is amazing in all aspects! I love the guns, the upgrades, the blue prints, the powerups. Ok, the guns are a bit overpowered but that's awesome with enemies that Colourful Hell throw at us. I wouldn't change a thing!
But, I want to report an issue with the HUD of Trailblazer. In new versions of GZDoom the HUD wont scale with the new sliders added. I've tested a bunch of mods that alter the HUD and everything works fine. It's just your mod that doesn't seem to be affected by the new sliders added to the engine. I reported this on the bug report page of GZDoom but nothing was done; so I think that this problem might be on your end... You might want to check that out. The HUD is just too big. Too intrusive...
Anyway, what a mod you've created here. So satisfying! I hadn't so much fun since I played Project Brutality for the first time. It has been weeks and I already completed some map packs and the original maps with your mod and I can't stop it.
Trailblazer is a must have to anyone who wants to change Doom's gameplay. Amazing!
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Solus wrote:Hello!
I've been playing your mod for the past weeks with Colourful Hell and holy crap what did I found here!
Your mod is amazing in all aspects! I love the guns, the upgrades, the blue prints, the powerups. Ok, the guns are a bit overpowered but that's awesome with enemies that Colourful Hell throw at us. I wouldn't change a thing!
But, I want to report an issue with the HUD of Trailblazer. In new versions of GZDoom the HUD wont scale with the new sliders added.
Glad you like it! Well, the issue here is that I forced scaling back in the day, so people wouldn't complain that the HUD by default seemed super tiny for the newbies, and they rarely looked into options to tweak that. Now that the scaling options are in and make it a bit more obvious, it shouldn't be a problem.

However, I guess it also forces the modder's forced HUD scaling these days for all cases, regardless of the player setting, which is... weird. But okay, it's easy to fix by yourself, as I can't update the thing to fix this yet.
Spoiler:
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

I updated my fixes:

- HUD is no longer over-sized on recent builds.
- Kinetic Fist no longer makes you pull up two Fleshrends or Leadspitters when you only have one.
- Punch-reloading the Chrome Justice with the Striploader upgrade now works properly.
Solus

Post by Solus »

PillowBlaster wrote:
Solus wrote:Hello!
But, I want to report an issue with the HUD of Trailblazer. In new versions of GZDoom the HUD wont scale with the new sliders added.
Glad you like it! Well, the issue here is that I forced scaling back in the day, so people wouldn't complain that the HUD by default seemed super tiny for the newbies, and they rarely looked into options to tweak that. Now that the scaling options are in and make it a bit more obvious, it shouldn't be a problem.

However, I guess it also forces the modder's forced HUD scaling these days for all cases, regardless of the player setting, which is... weird. But okay, it's easy to fix by yourself, as I can't update the thing to fix this yet.
Spoiler:
It worked! Thank you so much for the quick answer!
sovietotaku

Post by sovietotaku »

How to use the red cigs? Are they bound to any button?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

1) Those aren't cigs. Those are flares.
2) You select it in your inventory and use it. Unfortunately, there is currently no quick-use button for it.
Dutchygamer

Post by Dutchygamer »

I'm running into the issue that the mod keeps crashing for me for some reason. Inspired by some YT video I wanted to combine Trailblazer with Colourfull Hell. However, it keeps crashing in the first level of the mappack I play.
My setup:
GZDoom 2.4.0 (freshly installed in a new folder)
Trailblazer 1.4.7 (from this topic)
Colourfull Hell 0.89 (from here: viewtopic.php?t=47980)
DoomMidiMetal (found this via IcarusLiv3s' stream here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/s72bgvda5 ... iMetal.pk3)
The mappack is Maps of Chaos (from here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=32929)

According to the GZDoom log the last error it keeps throwing is:
Unknown texture: "ChromeJusticeClip"

I have tried using the latest dev build of GZDoom, but that doesn't make any difference. If I try without Colourfull Hell, I can finish the first map, and continue playing further (played until map 5 without any issues).
As a test, I also have tried using a different mappack, Memento Mori. While it doesn't crash in the first map, it does crash later on (map 3 if I recall correctly). I have the feeling the issue may lie in the random drop system of Colourfull Hell, but I lack the Doom modding knowledge to verify this.

My question: are there any known issues with combining Trailblazer and Colourfull Hell? Or is it something else? If needed I can replicate the error and provide logs if someone wants those.
sovietotaku

Post by sovietotaku »

DoomKrakken wrote:1) Those aren't cigs. Those are flares.
2) You select it in your inventory and use it. Unfortunately, there is currently no quick-use button for it.
I'm about this ones (marked with red rectangle): http://imgur.com/a/d4uek
I can't select them from inventory. How to use these?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

OH! Those pickups are health bonuses, and the inventory item is merely a counter for your Nicotine Rush. You get 1 point for every pack of cigarettes you pick up, and a hefty load of points from using Blazing Spheres, Cig Spheres, and Cigar Boxes (all of which yield more nicotine points if you have the Blazing Booster Upgrade). When the counter reaches 100, it resets back to 0, and you are granted an ability randomly selected from a pool of three abilities (Blazing Speed, Ammo Junkie, and Quad Damage).
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Dutchygamer wrote:Trailblazer 1.4.7 (from this topic)
Works for me. Could you extract Trailblazer 1.4 from the 7zip archive it is in and give it another go? (Not that I believe that the mod remaining archived twice will allow it to be loaded anyway...)
Dutchygamer

Post by Dutchygamer »

Zhs2 wrote:
Works for me. Could you extract Trailblazer 1.4 from the 7zip archive it is in and give it another go? (Not that I believe that the mod remaining archived twice will allow it to be loaded anyway...)
Trailblazer alone works fine, I've been playing it this afternoon without any crashes. What I'm after is whether there are known issues if you combine Trailblazer and Colourfull Hell, as that combination seems to crash for me.
BoneofMalkav
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Dutchygamer wrote:
Zhs2 wrote:
Trailblazer alone works fine, I've been playing it this afternoon without any crashes. What I'm after is whether there are known issues if you combine Trailblazer and Colourfull Hell, as that combination seems to crash for me.
I never had a problem loading Colourful Hell and Trailblazer together. What's your load order?
Dutchygamer

Post by Dutchygamer »

Trailblazer_v1.4.pk3
ColourfullHell89.pk3
DoomMidiMetal.pk3

Return to “Gameplay Mods”