High quality Hexen sound collecting!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
meatman12

High quality Hexen sound collecting!

Post by meatman12 »

While I was fiddling around in Hexen, I began to recognize a few sounds. I felt it would be a cool idea to go & get higher quality versions of the sounds. I've uploaded what I have so far down below. What I need however, are some extra sounds. Something like this sorta exists, but it contains completely different sounds from the original (Which just taints the game for me). Also way too many Half-Life 2 sounds I can identify.
What I want to set out on is to try and get as many high quality sound effects as possible. It would be great if anyone could aid me in finding more sounds!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sources:
-GLASS5, CORK, HAMWAL1, GONG, FEET4, HAMMIS2: 3D Movie Maker (NOTE: These are actually stock sounds with the exception of Cork, but I'm too lazy to be arsed with finding those)
-HMHIT1A/ETHIT1: GMDX (Deus Ex mod. I'm pretty sure it was ripped from another game though?)
-PLRPAIN3: An edited player pain sound from Perkistain's High Quality Doom sound effects (Technically stock).
-BALLS1: Goldeneye 64 (Probably stock sound effect)
-MAGEBALL, IMPACT3: Deus Ex (Also in Half-Life, but probably stock sound)
-PUP4: Wolfenstein 3D (Stock Sound)
Notes:
-HAMMIS2 is from the Nickelodeon 3D Movie Maker expansion (Also stock sound effect), and is also temporary. If anyone could help me find the original HAMMIS2, that would be great!
-FEET4 is also temporary. Although I know the original FEET4 was also used in Duke Nukem 3D, I can't seem to find a high quality version.
-Although IMPACT3 is just MediumExplosion2 from Deus Ex, MAGEBALL is IMPACT3 + slowed down archvile flame and a fadeout (which sounds pretty close).

UPDATE 1 (04-02-2017): Added sounds, including PUP4, MAGEBALL, and IMPACT3.
Download
Last edited by meatman12 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: High quality Hexen sound collecting!

Post by Oberron »

Impact3 is sourced from Deus Ex, and Pup4 is sourced from the Mac version of Wolfenstein 3D.
meatman12

Post by meatman12 »

Forgot to put those in there. Thanks for reminding me.
meatman12

Post by meatman12 »

If anyone knows where I can find higher quality versions of the sounds, that would be great!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oooh, now that's really sweet. Thank you for all the trouble you have been through finding such sound effects. I really needed those! Also can't wait for the next update!
Panzermann11
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Panzermann11 »

I also heard a HQ water splash sound from Heretic in Kinsie's mods, Reelism and Metadoom.

If only Perkristian was still around...
Urban Space Cowboy

Post by Urban Space Cowboy »

Finder153 wrote:I also heard a HQ water splash sound from Heretic in Kinsie's mods, Reelism and Metadoom.
If only Per Kristian had been more specific about sourcing, is more like it! I know several are sourced from the General Series 6000 from Sound Ideas, but more exact track names and numbers would've been nicer than vague descriptions like "a sound often used in movies, commercials and games".
Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 »

Urban Space Cowboy wrote:
Finder153 wrote:I also heard a HQ water splash sound from Heretic in Kinsie's mods, Reelism and Metadoom.
If only Per Kristian had been more specific about sourcing, is more like it! I know several are sourced from the General Series 6000 from Sound Ideas, but more exact track names and numbers would've been nicer than vague descriptions like "a sound often used in movies, commercials and games".
Besides that, he happens to have a good job at recreating the sounds while staying faithful to the original. He's still active to this day but he probably forgot about Doom. Perhaps you could ask him about the sounds in Hexen and Heretic and maybe we'll have a HQ sound pack for Hexen and Heretic.
Last edited by Panzermann11 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

There are unfinished Perkristian soundpacks of Heretic and Duke3D floating around. Sounds like eventually he just kind of hit a wall on the amount of stuff he could find the source to and stopped.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Even Perkristian, who made such sound packs couldn't find the rest, sure. But i really hope the others can find the rest for him. Just saying.
Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 »

Kinsie wrote:There are unfinished Perkristian soundpacks of Heretic and Duke3D floating around. Sounds like eventually he just kind of hit a wall on the amount of stuff he could find the source to and stopped.
So, where are they? And I'm wondering where he got those sounds from...
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Maybe he bought some sound libraries used by certain game companies during the 90's. Though not sure they're cheaper or has rich information.
Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 »

Captain J wrote:Maybe he bought some sound libraries used by certain game companies during the 90's. Though not sure they're cheaper or has rich information.
Yeah, yeah, but where are the Heretic and Duke3D soundpacks that Kinsie was talking about? I searched everywhere, on his Youtube channel, on his website but no luck.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Finder153 wrote:
Captain J wrote:Maybe he bought some sound libraries used by certain game companies during the 90's. Though not sure they're cheaper or has rich information.
Yeah, yeah, but where are the Heretic and Duke3D soundpacks that Kinsie was talking about? I searched everywhere, on his Youtube channel, on his website but no luck.
Literally The First Google Search Result For "perkristian duke3d"
Literally One Click Into The Second Google Search Result For "perkristian heretic"
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Google can find your answers and needs easily. You just need to spend more time with it!

Return to “Resources”