DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [map + weapons released]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gorec

Re: DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [map + weapons released]

Post by Gorec »

BoJustBo wrote:Playing this at the moment, about halfway through. I noticed a few glitches playing on GZDoom 2.2.0
"The mine to hell" couldnt be entered. you got the name and info as you walk up to it but the level never starts.
"Winter in summer" decided to glitch out at the final encounter, couldnt even pass past the stairs like there was an invisible wall infront of me so had to noclip.
"Hot water music" the switch that requires both skulls can be used before you have em. It doesnt open the bars to the exit but it does make it so you can't use it later when you actually have the skulls. It also had some glitched walls that showed up as skybox in one spot.

Edit: some more thoughts.
"Inferno Odyssey" There's no skybox (just that checkerboard pattern of a missing texture) and you can jump out windows into places you havnt unlocked yet trapping you.
"The Crater" You can get stuck behind some vats of goo near the beginning. The cutscene introducing the endboss will repeat if you try to pick up all the items infront of you in that area, and the boss can kill you while it is playing.
i have these bugs as well and i think everyone else has
BoJustBo

Post by BoJustBo »

Gorec wrote:i have these bugs as well and i think everyone else has
All the more reason to report em then ;)

Anyways heres two more I got.
"Tomb of Hetchikhamen" Yellow key didn't spawn. Restarting the level the error did not repeat so I donno what glitched out here.
"The Weed Number" When exiting this level I exited out the portal instead of outside the castle hub. So I got stuck in the portal as it closed up needing to noclip to get out.

Edit some more things.
"Caco-Lover" This happened to a door preventing me from walking through it, I'd already used it a few times before this happened. Also the big yellow-key door stopped working after two uses.
Spoiler:
"Electron" Not a bug... but isnt that second to last room literally impossible? Playing on HMP I can see no way of making it out alive from that room. (The room with platforms that lowers into acid as a million revenants and cacos are shooting at you.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

oh yes that electron this is so hard BUT i played it with doom rl monsters so imagine nightmare cyberdemon who shoots you from very far platform and about caco lover i saw that too but i dont think that this is a bad bug
BoJustBo

Post by BoJustBo »

Aaaand I've finished it. All things considered it was quite good. Only one level I couldn't play and only one I had to cheat to finish.
I must say though, getting some weapons could make a level ten times harder or easier. The piss pistol being a good example of a weapon that can make a run waaay harder.
JoexxZombie

Post by JoexxZombie »

I just played a bit of this and I think its pretty awesome so far. Only played the first two maps you come across on the left after the entrance and died when I used secondary fire on a shotgun and shot out caltrops I think it was.....and backed up into them. This will keep me busy for a while.
JoexxZombie

Post by JoexxZombie »

I played some more and i gotta say these maps are awesome but I feel like the guns should get just as much attention. Are they map specific or ? I keep getting different loadouts but there really good. The lost soul....the land mine, electricity gun u charge back up with secondary fire. Pretty sweet.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

The Magic Nagant is officially my favorite 'shotgun' ever. It's frickin' nice.
BoJustBo

Post by BoJustBo »

JoexxZombie wrote:the land mine
This was one of the weapons I dreaded getting, sure you can lay traps. But it deprives you of the rocketlauncher which can be really horrible on some maps.
HyperLuke

Post by HyperLuke »

Will there ever be a DUMP 4? I would love to participate in one.
Boreas249

Post by Boreas249 »

Every time I have beaten the DUMP episodes, I get this sad feeling of "well, that was great, but now what?"
Please make more.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

HyperLuke wrote:Will there ever be a DUMP 4? I would love to participate in one.
Of a sort, yes. It might not be what you expected, though.
Boreas249 wrote:Every time I have beaten the DUMP episodes, I get this sad feeling of "well, that was great, but now what?"
Ideally, play mapsets from folks that actually know what they're doing. :P
HyperLuke

Post by HyperLuke »

TerminusEst13 wrote:
HyperLuke wrote:Will there ever be a DUMP 4? I would love to participate in one.
Of a sort, yes. It might not be what you expected, though.

Is that good or bad? Depends what it is. I'd like to improve my mapping skills (even though I have 3 maps in progress), and perhaps learn how to make a custom weapon.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Where are the maps below 06 located? I want to play the maps ordered by their map number but I can't locate Map 01.

EDIT: Found it, top-right. Didn't expect it to be so far away from the start since Dump 2 did it just like that, and the maps seem to be randomly placed in some parts all over instead of neatly organized like DUMP 2.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

what are these secret places in the hub map(not secret levels)?
Kroc
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Kroc »

The secret exit on Map 33 Janus doesn't work from GZDoom v2.3 onward :(

Return to “Levels”