BoomPower

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
eflfe

BoomPower

Post by eflfe »

By EFLFE

BoomPower - simple mod, where the all monsters will explosion when die.

Download links:
The versions below the fourth were experimental.
v4 (tspg): http://allfearthesentinel.net/download? ... wer_v4.wad
v4 (google drive): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Hk8 ... HdabDBrYXM
v5 (tspg): http://allfearthesentinel.net/download? ... wer_v5.wad
v5 (google drive): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Hk8 ... VpGT3JXQjQ
v6.1 (pre): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Hk8L ... sp=sharing
DM/DUEL version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Hk8L ... sp=sharing

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Video:
Spoiler:
CVARINFO:
Spoiler:
Information for version 5:
Spoiler:
Information for version 6:
Spoiler:
Last edited by eflfe on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
YukesVonFaust

Re: BoomPower

Post by YukesVonFaust »

EXPLOSIONS

also this is actually nice
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

This puts a tear in Michael Bay's eye.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Can this be used with other weapon mods in the same way as the Ketchup gore mod?

I'm thinking about using this with Russian Overkill.
eflfe

Post by eflfe »

Spaceman333, yes, any, except those that replace monsters.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

eflfe wrote:Spaceman333, yes, any, except those that replace monsters.
Ohhh shit yes! I was hoping this would be such a mod and now I'm really happy to hear it is exactly that! Thank you for making and sharing this mod!

EDIT: AAAAAAAAH THIS IS NUTS

Just ran through like 18 super crowded oblige maps with this mod and russian overkill. This mod is not 100% compatible, as the mod blocks RO's player class selection (I don't get proper starting weapons or class abilities) and the icons are a bit off, but otherwise it works wonderfully. I'm having a hella lot fun with this mod. Definitely keeping this one.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

I like this mod so much that I decided to edit it to work with Russian Overkill (and any other mod) properly. While doing that, I also ended up making 4 different versions, with the HUD on or off and the Items on or off. Sharing it here:

http://www.filedropper.com/boompowerv5editededitions

Man, thank you again for making this. I'm having a ton of fun with this mod. Its absolutely hilarious. The entire mod reminds me of this image:
eflfe

Post by eflfe »

I'm glad that you liked it. This mod was made suddenly, as experiment. As your already know, this for is well suited for meat maps (nust/holyhell like). Some global mods still affect monsters, therefore will need to make patch.
eflfe

Post by eflfe »

Spaceman333 wrote:I like this mod so much that I decided to edit it to work with Russian Overkill (and any other mod) properly. While doing that, I also ended up making 4 different versions, with the HUD on or off and the Items on or off.
Oh yes, I'm sorry I forgot to fix the inventory interface. Because I play with alternative hud.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

I forgot to mention I also appreciate that this mod includes the nash gore mod too. I'm really happy you added that because I won't miss out on bloody carnage that I love about ketchup. This addition makes it even more better.

By the way, I saw you uploaded version 6.1. Whats new/changed about it?
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

Guys... I think I broke the game

Not gonna lie the Shurricane's Tertiary Fire in Russian Overkill is very useful, especially with getting explosion combos. Now that's straight-outta-michael-bay.

Also if you guys want to run this mod with others, open up the WAD file with SLADE3 (it doesn't really matter what version), find the KEYCONF, and just comment out where it "clears player classes"

WELP On my way to test this out with nuts.wad

EDIT: OK never ever do that... Don't even think of running nuts.wad with Russian Overkill and this, or else you'll go on a full ROFL seizure. Sure, my computer's so bad to the point where it can only run GZDoom 2.2.0 or lower (using 1.9.1 because I dunno, I feel like using it), but holy god when I try to take a screenshot with all of that text on my screen, it just shows a black screen LMAO so I had to snip it.
Spoiler: I fucking died laughing
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Doomguy5th wrote:
Spoiler: I fucking died laughing
(take your pick)
(actually, y'know what? play all three at the same time)
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Doomguy5th wrote:Also if you guys want to run this mod with others, open up the WAD file with SLADE3 (it doesn't really matter what version), find the KEYCONF, and just comment out where it "clears player classes"
With this method, are you still able to use the Kamikaze Pukan (automatic nuke blast if you die) item?

I saw that it was tied to a new player class that the mod adds, the "Boom_Player", which has the code responsible for making it work. So if I play with the Russian Overkill classes, then I'd end with an items spawning in the game that is totally useless. Right?
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

Spaceman333 wrote:
Doomguy5th wrote:Also if you guys want to run this mod with others, open up the WAD file with SLADE3 (it doesn't really matter what version), find the KEYCONF, and just comment out where it "clears player classes"
With this method, are you still able to use the Kamikaze Pukan (automatic nuke blast if you die) item?

I saw that it was tied to a new player class that the mod adds, the "Boom_Player", which has the code responsible for making it work. So if I play with the Russian Overkill classes, then I'd end with an items spawning in the game that is totally useless. Right?
Why would you need to detonate into a nuke when you have like 200 better nuke-like weapons to use in Russian Overkill lmao. To answer your question though, it doesn't work sadly.

However, the other inventory items, like fireballs (which prove to work nicely with Russian Overkill) and the pocket nuke, work properly. I'd rather use the nuke from RO's DeathHead MIRV Launcher though :P That one is like 600x more effective.

Also it gets better and better as I progress lmao

Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Doomguy5th wrote:To answer your question though, it doesn't work sadly.
Thank you. Its unfortunate thats the case, but luckily the other items do work great. I had been tweaking the mod in slade and removed the Kamikaze Pukan from spawning, made versions of the mod without the hud, script and items, changed the drop amount of items to give more.

Theres an interesting feature in this mod that isn't mentioned anywhere, is that the fireball item and the firewall item have 3 power levels each. If I have 3 or more of either item, I will use up 3 units of that item for a BIG version of that item. For fireball, I'll throw a mega fireball instead of a medium fireball (if I only have 2 units of the item) or a small fireball if I only have 1 unit left. Same for firewall.*

*EDIT: This is the case for version 5.1. 6.1 changed this to drop individual sizes of these items instead.

Speaking of which, this is what happens when I have more than one firewall:

Burn baby burn, disco inferno! 8-)

Yesterday I had another full 32 map megawad playthrough with epic orchestral music blasting in the background while wading through maps with 800 enemies per level. It was the most satisfying michael bay boom fest I've ever experienced so far. Damn this mod fun.
Last edited by Spaceman333 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”