[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RockstarRaccoon

Re: [WolfenDoom] Blade of Agony (Behind the scenes video | p

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Siberian Tiger wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Did you tell him how to replicate it?
You are asking me to replicate the issue as well as provide information on to how to replicate the issue to Scubbo
Oh, sorry, I thought you were them.
RockstarRaccoon

Sitting down for E1M6...
Spoiler: Afterthoughts on E1M5
Spoiler: E1M6 - RETURN TO TUNIS (AKA, "OK, NOW I FEEL LIKE YOU'RE JUST MAKING UP GERMAN...")
It's late, and I can see there's alot more level to cover, including this mine-cart section. I'm gonna stop for the night and pick up again later. Hope this was helpful. Can't wait for the mine-cart sequence I've seen in the videos of this level.

Spoiler: Current Thoughts
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Improvements added, thanks for the feedback ;)
RockstarRaccoon

No problem, this is really cool to play through, and I'd like to help with it. :3

Should I download the new version and look over the improvements, or just finish the level?

Edit: Still giggling at "Schtab! Schtab!"
RockstarRaccoon

Alright, time to finish C1M6!
Spoiler: Real quick, 2 things I noticed on C1M5
Spoiler: C1M6 - Underground section
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Please instead of spoiling all BoA here, post your playtesting things on Realm667...
No worries concerning decorate and all other stuff, I can take care. Going through details now, you can't even imagine how much stuff I have to do.
RockstarRaccoon

I can imagine, seeing as I've playtested what's already there and given you a to-do list. That's why I'm offering to redo the way the priest sprites work if you're interested: I already know what to edit and can do it quickly in Slade.

I'll post on Realm667 instead from now on. I didn't know you preferred that. I removed the references to end-of-chapter plot details from my last post for you too. See you around. :3
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

As I said I can do that by myself, just check recently changes from gitrepo.

Also: when you playtest a level always make sure that, if you get a graphical glitch like with portals on C1M5, it could be GZDoom build: test with previous or newer builds, because many issues that you have noticed doesn't happen with recent ones.
RockstarRaccoon

Ozymandias81 wrote:Also: when you playtest a level always make sure that, if you get a graphical glitch like with portals on C1M5, it could be GZDoom build: test with previous or newer builds, because many issues that you have noticed doesn't happen with recent ones.
Ah, alright then, I'll be more on top of that: I didn't know that any major change for those was planned for the upcoming version.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I didn't say that they were planned, it is simply how BoA development progression comes in life, which follows at least GZDoom builds: we always have to test stuff on most recent builds of GZDoom, and if we notice something that doesn't work properly then we wait 2 o 3 builds... but if an issue doesn't change then we ask on forums for clues (or just point to developers of possible bugs)
For example on c1m5 there isn't that issue with that window at "behind you" room.
Did you understand now?
RockstarRaccoon

I understood before. I meant that I didn't realize that GZ was doing improvements to that section of GZDoom's code.

Anyway, I'm looking at your maps in GZDoomBuilder and noticing some stuff with the Nodebuilder which is probably leading to slowdowns: the nodes are being built with the express idea that the player will be running around in the areas outside of the play area, looking over the tops of buildings, and other things that really don't happen too much in the game. I'm wondering if there's a way to give the nodebuilder hints about where it should optimize for the player being and compensating for the Z-axis stuff...
RockstarRaccoon

Uguyz liek dis? :V
ImageImage
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Looks good, but the box seems not stuffy enough, unless that was intentional.
RockstarRaccoon

Elaborate on "Stuffy"?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Filled with containment completely, with no empty space. And that shell box looks like half of the shells are gone in my eyes.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”