Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Post by DoomKrakken »

silentzora wrote:Hate to ask, but does anyone have a full set of the pistol-weilding zombieman, with a green translation range, for like a skin or something? Not the one with the rifle, from the stock game.
Define "stock game", if you're not referring to the zombieman with the rifle...

Also, you can use the Translation actor property to turn certain colors of the zombieman green...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I think he meant the vanilla doom. Still sold on stock, the game has zombieman with a rifle. And maybe finding zombieman with a pistol is easy, i don't think it's easily understandable how to recolor the sprite with the editor or something.

If you have links to the tutorial, that would be helpful.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

DoomKrakken wrote:Define "stock game", if you're not referring to the zombieman with the rifle...

Also, you can use the Translation actor property to turn certain colors of the zombieman green...
As Captain J mentioned, yes, the one not included in the vanilla game. I have actually toyed with the translation property to change him green, but the main issue with the zombieman is that there are parts of his armor that use specific colors that are also used for his skin. So, either you end up having brown splotches on his armor, or green splotches on his skin. I was mainly just wondering if anyone had actually done a manual recolor, is all. From there, I could probably do additional translations with a green version, as needed.

In the meantime, I've gone and applied a translation via SLADE3 and am attempting to touch it up, though my sprite editing skills are, well... Admittedly garbage, lol. So if anyone had already covered this ground before, might make things easier.

Anyway, hope that clears some things up.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I didn't know there was a pistol zombie included somewhere in the actual game...
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

DoomKrakken wrote:I didn't know there was a pistol zombie included somewhere in the actual game...
There isn't. There are several fan-made pistol zombies floating around the net.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Shoot, typo. I meant... I didn't know there was a pistol zombie that wasn't included in the actual game... as in... was this part of John Romero's Doom Twitter Release?
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Hi, is there a full sprite set of this? I mean, zombiefied marine, with default uniform color.
luigiman0640
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by luigiman0640 »

Could somebody arm Doomguy with this appropriate weapon, the Demon Destroyer Gunn?
JoeyTD
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by JoeyTD »

Can anyone color swap this baron of hell to a hell knight color
Attachments
BOH_BACK.png
BOH_BACK.png (8.88 KiB) Viewed 863 times
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Why not use Translation, since the Hellknight is already in the Doom pallete along with the Baron?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

HK_BACK.png
HK_BACK.png (11.36 KiB) Viewed 849 times
Alright, here's what i can do. Now i can translate stuff with SLADE. But it is a mystery that how i can choose two target color range, because Hell knight seems has another different color range. Or can i?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Captain J wrote:
HK_BACK.png
Alright, here's what i can do. Now i can translate stuff with SLADE. But it is a mystery that how i can choose two target color range, because Hell knight seems has another different color range. Or can i?
Hitting the "+" button next to the Translation Ranges list will allow you to create a second translation range to apply.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I already know how to make another translation range now. But precisely the thing i want to know is how can i mix both of them into one.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

"xxx:xxx=yyy:yyy", "xxx2:xxx2=yyy2:yyy2" - just put a comma between the two full quoted translations.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Alright, i did as you said, but the second one picked up random colors. Not the colors i wanted.

"16:47=56:79", "162:472=1282:1352" Here's the numbers i've typed. Is this working normally?

Return to “Requests”