Weird OpenGL Issue

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Weird OpenGL Issue

Post by YukiHerz »

For some reason today I can't use anything that makes use of OpenGL for rendering, Quake 4, Doom 3, GZDoom and PPSSPP all give me an error about Failing to Create an OpenGL Rendering Context, until yesterday all these things ran fine.

It's not really an issue as most things I do have a dx9 alternative, but it is very annoying and strange considering how spontaneous it is.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Weird OpenGL Issue

Post by Rachael »

First off, wouldn't this be more appropriate in the tech issues forum? (I can move it there if you like)

Secondly, what are your hardware specs?

Thirdly, between the last time it worked and now, were there any updates or additional programs installed?
YukiHerz
Global Moderator

Post by YukiHerz »

EDIT: It works again, somehow.
The screen went black while I wasn't using the computer, then it came back and I decided to check with PPSSPP again, it ran normally.
--Original Post--
1.-My bad, Please and Thanks.

2.-It's a really old laptop, the CPU is an Intel Celeron B815 1.6Ghz with an integrated graphics card (shown simply as Intel HD Graphics in DxDiag).

3.-There wasn't any change between last night and today.

Please do note, that due it being legacy hardware, I can't update the drivers any further because Intel says so.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

That's weird. Maybe the driver just crashed and it's back to normal again.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator

Post by YukiHerz »

Most likely, thanks for your time, regardless.

Return to “Technical Issues”