[WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn - Now on GitHub

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Danfun64

Re: [WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn - Now on GitHub

Post by Danfun64 »

One of the things the original Batman Doom lacked is multiplayer support. Do you think you can add that to Reborn?
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Danfun64 wrote:One of the things the original Batman Doom lacked is multiplayer support. Do you think you can add that to Reborn?
Uhm who knows, maybe? Probably it would be a thing with a whole new mapset for Zandronum, but atm it isn't a priority.
Consider this addressed for the future ;)
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Does anybody know how MAP07 triggers the exit from a technical perspective. I'm seeing a lot of enemies in hidden rooms, including the penguin-copter and firefly but I've no idea how all this is supposed to work together and what exactly triggers the "door" allowing you to exit.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Afaik MAP07 uses the OldFormat map07special, which means that once you have defeated a specifical kind of enemy you'll trigger the end
But for what I can see the map is a bit messed up, specially concerning the final copter sequence, but at least I have noticed once you have defeated all Terrorists (those black guys), the red door will open so you'll be able to leave the copter and trigger the next level.

It is something that I still have to check and fix anyway, thank you CeeJay!

[EDIT]: The PenguinCopter is a dummy actor for an ambient sound
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I gathered that the chopper was just there for the amibance, I guess that's why the firefly is there too. Problem is, without being able to kill these two you can't reach 100% kills. The shotgunner (red cap) replaces the Mancubus, wonder if that's the enemy that actually triggers the exit door. If there is only one of 'em in the entire map, good chance that is the case.

EDIT: Nope, not that simple. This map is driving me nuts.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

The dummy AmbientSound will be easily fixable through -COUNTKILL flag, other stuff that you have mentioned will be verified tomorrow.

I still didn't fix these maps, I remember that I stopped fixing maps since map05, once I was involved with Blade of Agony.
I have gathered several playtesting feedbacks from Tormentor and Mav3rick, all of them are jealously stored on my hdd so expect some more weird issues.

But feel free to come with infos if you'll notice some more glitches, bugs and weird stuff like that one on map07, then I'll tell you if I am aware.
umutulutas

Post by umutulutas »

When I load the map on Coop, many sprites goes missing, batcave nearly looks empty.

When I load it singleplayer its fine.

What may be causing this problem? I want to play this coop.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

umutulutas wrote:When I load the map on Coop, many sprites goes missing, batcave nearly looks empty.

When I load it singleplayer its fine.

What may be causing this problem? I want to play this coop.
Hi umutulutas and thanks for trying this mod, but you must be aware that since I am very busy with development of Blade of Agony everything's staled here for a while.
Surely you could check the Github repository for updates, downloading the zip build, renaming it as .pk3 and trying that one.

But it is also true that I already didn't test this project on newer builds of GZDoom neither on Zandronum, which probably will become uncompatible once the whole thing will be released (unless Zandro will update its code to ZScript).

Anyway let's get to the point: are you running Reborn in a proper way on both pcs, or are you trying to play it with bots? Which version of Zandronum or GZDoom are you using too? Can you open the console and check which warnings did you get, posting here then screenshots using possibly imgur for building up an album of images (or even just one image)? I need more informations about your issue, and also even the "vanilla" Batman Doom was known to have multiplayer issues at its times.
And don't use Freedoom as main IWAD, go for Doom2.wad instead (I am just assuming since it is known that freedoom may have some issues with internal dehacked code unlike Doom2).

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”