DoomBuilder Direct X

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
isaacpop23

DoomBuilder Direct X

Post by isaacpop23 »

After recently updating to Windows 7 from XP, when I try and open DoomBuilder it asks if I want to update Direct X as it requires the "latest" version. The problem is that I know that it has a higher Direct X than I had before on XP as X9(?) was the best it could run, so I should have a better Direct X than required as I have X11. So I tried updating it though Builder out of curiosity... causing it to crash. Is there a problem with newer Direct X's that causes it not to work?

Return to “Technical Issues”