Stop. Trying. To RACE ME!!!!!!!! (ROAD RAGE)

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
SouthernLion

Stop. Trying. To RACE ME!!!!!!!! (ROAD RAGE)

Post by SouthernLion »

Everyone in my town keeps trying to race me, or pull on me aggressively so I can't get in their lane safely. I have a 450HP V8 in a relatively light car, you cannot bring a Mazda2 with your economy 1.2L, turbo'd or not, and expect me to not put buslengths on you. I don't go around revving my motor at everyone, much less at Ferrari's, sports bikes, or Cobras, so why the hell is everyone picking fights with me that aren't even close? Give me your phone number and we can meet at the drag strip, just let me merge FFS. And then, when I DO put you in your place and get in the lane I needed to in the first place, you flick me off as you drive by instead of giving me a thumbs up. Really? I wasn't the one trying to race, I was trying to go 2-3MPH faster than you to safely merge without affecting your engine speed or making you brake in any way. I was trying to do things nice and safe. I wasn't challenging your ego, I was trying to GET TO THE STORE. Thanks.

ROAD RAGE. ROAD RAGE. ROAD RAGE.
Mikk-

Re: Stop. Trying. To RACE ME!!!!!!!! (ROAD RAGE)

Post by Mikk- »

Maybe you should get a blog or something?
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Mikk- wrote:Maybe you should get a blog or something?
Surely I'm not the only one that experiences road rage.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

What goes around really does come around. People speed up because they don't want you merging in front of them - simple as that. Best way to merge is to slow down, instead - it might irritate the people behind you, but you're more likely to find an opening that way.

Also - you're going in it with the wrong attitude. Trust me - other drivers can feel it, even if you think they can't see you, they can observe it in how your car moves. If they can feel your contentious rage, they're much less likely to just let you slide in. You really need to at least try to calm down a bit so they don't sense that from you. Try to be more forgiving.

Just remember - in the year 2117, no one is going to remember who got to the store first. It really is okay if they get there before you do. (In 2117, though, they WILL remember if you died in a crash - which is far more likely if you keep this up)
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Rachael wrote:What goes around really does come around. People speed up because they don't want you merging in front of them - simple as that. Best way to merge is to slow down, instead - it might irritate the people behind you, but you're more likely to find an opening that way.

Also - you're going in it with the wrong attitude. Trust me - other drivers can feel it, even if you think they can't see you, they can observe it in how your car moves. If they can feel your contentious rage, they're much less likely to just let you slide in. You really need to at least try to calm down a bit so they don't sense that from you. Try to be more forgiving.

Just remember - in the year 2117, no one is going to remember who got to the store first. It really is okay if they get there before you do. (In 2117, though, they WILL remember if you died in a crash - which is far more likely if you keep this up)
Yessum.. I hear you. I'm stubborn, but I know in my heart being tilted while driving is not the correct path. These people drive me nuts though! I live in FL, this is straight up no blinker, 30 under the speed limit, people cutting off motorcyclists from a dead stop with the motorcycle going 50... it's crazy.
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

RexS wrote:
Rachael wrote:I live in FL
Found yer problem right there. Florida roads are just a complete pain in the ass to drive. Don't know what it is about the place, but it's just ridiculous.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Scripten wrote:
RexS wrote:
Rachael wrote:I live in FL
Found yer problem right there. Florida roads are just a complete pain in the ass to drive. Don't know what it is about the place, but it's just ridiculous.
YEP. lol
Nash

Post by Nash »

Man y'all need to come down here in Southeast Asia and see how people drive here. Makes you wish you had Magneto's powers so you could just make all the cars within a set radius around you automatically levitate... xD
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Nash wrote:Man y'all need to come down here in Southeast Asia and see how people drive here. Makes you wish you had Magneto's powers so you could just make all the cars within a set radius around you automatically levitate... xD
That would really be neat. XD
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

This is why we need automated cars.... THIS is why we need automated cars.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

That would be really nice - yes.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

No thanks. I prefer a 6-speed H gate and a clutch. I like to drive. I don't even like clutchless sequential semi-automatic, much less fully automatic transmission. Self driving? To hell with that, I didn't get a high-performance license and motorcycle endorsement to let a computer drive me.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

I doubt automation will make it illegal for humans to drive for quite some time. But I guarantee you that fewer people will race you and flip you off if the computer is driving for them!
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

The situation is no better here in Hungary. I don't own a car, but I do have a pretty fast bicycle (the Morning Breeze), and I can tell you all about it - many people leave their mind at home when sitting behnd the wheel. Drivers are agressive, impatient and generally just complete and utter assholes. A great percentage of them never yield, and ignoring red lights & "No entry" signs became a national sport here. If I'd get a dime for every such driver, I could retire now and live a millionaire's life.
And this phenomenon isn't limited to just the capital - no, its quite common at the countryside as well, even in Island's Beauty. Ugh. Nasty. And for some reason, the cops never seem to care about it, until an actual accident happens. They prefer ticketing people who pass the railroad-crossing with 35 km/h instead. But what more could we expect from the lap dogs of the state...
I asked my very good henchman Zsole about the subject when he came over today for collating. He has a bicycle, a motorbike and even a car, so he sees a lot more of this. He shook his head in disgust, and replied: "Faggots. Cum guzzlers."

The situation is pretty bad, but it's somewhat nice to see that we're not the only ones having to deal with the same problem day after day.
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

Not better in my country. Too many s***ty Prague drivers in my town. They drive at like 65 km/h, which is NOT COOL. This is just my verdict, that's all.

Return to “Off-Topic”