Music Covers by Xeotroid (February 2018 - Icarus v2)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xeotroid
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Music Covers by Xeotroid (December 22 - TNT: Evilution)

Post by Xeotroid »

Strange, the links are working for me just fine. If problems persist, I can make some mirrors on Google Drive.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

It's OK, it's working for me now too. Must have just been some weirdness somewhere in the system. Downloading... :D
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Enjay wrote:I guess the problem is at the Mega end of things though so I'll try again later.
I guess you could say they had a mega fail. I'll see myself out. :D
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Have to say, these sound good. Though to me (comparing from the latest TNT Evilution), Utlimate Doom could use an update to match the heavy sounds that TNT has introduced. But that's me. Maybe everyone else likes it and I'm just being picky. :mrgreen:
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

No, you're right, the old ones sound very weak, mostly because of me not using some strong drum samples and because I didn't know what compressor is. I might revisit them later, but if I had to choose, I'd pick Requiem.
souio

Post by souio »

Hey I've been following your thread since my last post and thanks a lot for introducing SLADE to rip midis. A buddy and I are staring a Doom guitar project (my buddy specializes in crunchy riffs and i'm more solo/melodies) in a month or so and I was thinking that if you ever need to convert midi to actual guitar playing for any of your remixes, we will probably be able to deliver once we get a good recording mic.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Xeotroid wrote:I might revisit them later, but if I had to choose, I'd pick Requiem.
A Requiem revisit would kick serious ass. Requiem has some really nice tracks. :rock:
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

souio wrote:Hey I've been following your thread since my last post and thanks a lot for introducing SLADE to rip midis. A buddy and I are staring a Doom guitar project (my buddy specializes in crunchy riffs and i'm more solo/melodies) in a month or so and I was thinking that if you ever need to convert midi to actual guitar playing for any of your remixes, we will probably be able to deliver once we get a good recording mic.
I'm (at least for now) quite happy with the guitar samples I use now, but thanks for your offer, I appreciate it.
Blood Vengeance

Post by Blood Vengeance »

Great music Xeotroid, I love those tracks and I use them while playing those wads. If you plan to continue on more wad and if you accept suggestions in my opinion also Hell Revealed 2 needs a music cover :)
Dynamite Dan

Post by Dynamite Dan »

Excellent work!! Time to replay Plutonia and TNT with new music!
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Enjay wrote:Ooh, I didn't notice this was out. Unfortunately, something weird is going on with the Mega links. The little M cloud logo thingy loads and then it just sits there doing nothing. I've tried in Firefox, Opera, Chrome, MS Edge and MS IE. Same result:

I guess the problem is at the Mega end of things though so I'll try again later.
i dunno if this is the issue you had, but apparently, Mega puts a cap on how much you can download by the hour now. 1 gigabyte of data every 5 hours.
Theoden

Post by Theoden »

Exceptional work on the Hexen & Heretic OST covers man! Your covers are my favorite by far.
All of your covers are amazing.
Registered to the forums to type this man.
Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing the covers. I really appreciate it.
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

Surprise! Full thing will be released soon... hopefully.
Spoiler:
Xeotroid

Re: Music Covers by Xeotroid (February 2018 - Icarus v2)

Post by Xeotroid »

Icarus: Alien Vanguard cover released!
Elie(T)Zerg

Re: Music Covers by Xeotroid (February 2018 - Icarus v2)

Post by Elie(T)Zerg »

Man Amazing work with all your covers, and i'm really appreciate it when i play Doom, (especially Memento Mori).
But one question i have its... why The Bridge (The One Who Stays) it's so harmonic? sound's cool by the way... , but less atmospheric and that was a very pretty detail of the last cover of Icarus.
Anyway ... fantastic songs man.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”