Alien Trilogy TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lex Safonov

Re: Alien Trilogy TC

Post by Lex Safonov »

Kontra Kommando wrote:What a great mod! May I use the sprites you ripped from the game, and make a version of ALIENS: The Ultimate Doom with Aliens Trilogy Sprites? Of course I will give you full credit for ripping the sprites; and will link this thread.
No problem, sure, you can take sprites)
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Sweet! I can't wait to get started on it later today!
Kontra Kommando

I made a ton of progress over the weekend, in regards to utilizing these assets. I've combined Alien Trilogy (TC), with Aliens: The Ultimate Doom, and its awesome. Right now, I'm creating vanilla texture replacements, by piecing together textures, from the original AT textures. Thus, the mod will look like Alien Trilogy, and play like Aliens: The Ultimate Doom. I've also added immersive Xdeaths, with more blood and gore, all based on sprite edits from Alien Trilogy.

I plan on also making Attacking frame rotations for the monsters, as the original AT never had them. Honestly, you can barely notice that they're not there when playing the game. But I will produce them nonetheless.

Do you have any plans on ripping the Adult Runner, and Queen sprites? That's all that is needed, to complete this amazing mod.
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

In fact, I have assembled these sprites. I just did not want no models to spread, will not beautiful .... I'm busy at the moment with Shadow Warrior and it's hard to do several projects at once)
Link to the latest build:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cvc7a1230 ... rilogy.pk3
Here you can found Queen Sprites and other.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Original alien trilogy enemies had no infighting. At all. They didn't need attack rotations. Semi-justified in that most of the human enemies were "infected" so the drones ignore them, and the synthetics were directed to protect the xenomorphs at all cost.

I would like to have a look at those sprites. It could be done, giving them full rotations. The originals had a lot of garbage pixels in their animations and could really use a going over.
Kontra Kommando

Vostyok wrote:Original alien trilogy enemies had no infighting. At all.
My version will include the predator. Neoworm's sprites jive pretty well with the Alien Trilogy sprites.

The mod I'm working on will basically be Aliens: The Ultimate Doom, dressed up as Alien Trilogy.
Lex Safonov wrote:In fact, I have assembled these sprites. I just did not want no models to spread, will not beautiful .... I'm busy at the moment with Shadow Warrior and it's hard to do several projects at once)
Link to the latest build:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cvc7a1230 ... rilogy.pk3
Here you can found Queen Sprites and other.
You have done a great thing for Aliens fans.
Kontra Kommando

check out the screen caps of my progress thus far, with my version.
Last edited by Kontra Kommando on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Valken

Post by Valken »

Wow... just amazing... cannot wait for the next update!
Kontra Kommando

Here's a play through video.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

This looks very interesting. I loved Alien Trilogy "back in the day" but its control system hasn't aged well and it doesn't play particularly well on modern systems or with players used to modern controls.

I've been trying to find some way of extracting the sprites for years. If the old ZDoom Phorum was available, you could probably find me asking about it there. CSabo (author of XWE) tried but he couldn't fully decode the sprite format. So this mod is particularly exciting for me.

The music is easy enough to rip (CD music) and although it's a bit of a mixed bag, it has a few really good tracks that I would class as some of my favourite game music pieces.
Kontra Kommando

Here are the warrior rotation attacks sprites. I utilized existing sprites as a foundation to create these edits. Some sprites, like the 5 frames (aka back frames) are recycles of unaltered existing frames, but rearranged to mimic the frontal frames.
Kontra Kommando

Here's an example of the wall textures I've assembled from the original alien trilogy patches.

For Doom 2, the sky texture will be replaced by an heavily edited version of the cut screen from Alien vs Predator (SNES).

Sort of reminds me of blade runner.
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

That sky looks amazing. Nice looking mod. Sound FX sound very polished
LiensisDynamo

Post by LiensisDynamo »

Hello to the wonderful mate that let me hear the sounds of childhood for making this amazing .PK3, but you should see whats wrong with the bullet path of the Handgun and the Pulse Rifle:Image
Besides that, nothing more than to praise thee even more for making this.
Last edited by Hellser on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please avoid posting large images. Refer to the posting guidelines :)
zsiraf666

Post by zsiraf666 »

I post this question here to. Maybe I am not the one with this problem. :D

I arachnophobic as hell, and i wanna know, this game will include this kind of close encounter from the original A.T.

I know. It's embarassing, but it's still scares the shit out of me from many years know (and this is the reason why i never played through the Alien trilogy). :D

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”