The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Devianteist

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Devianteist »

Rachael wrote:SSZDoom guy up and disappeared, so I decided to start doing a little bit of experimentation....

It's nothing concrete yet, but it is now possible to control two separate players using a single control. This was the easy part, though - the hard part is actually hooking a separate input into the other player - and also enabling the other player's view.
1) Awesome, awesome, and double awesome.

2) I, too, love Dark Crystal.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

It's been a while since I've seen it - I will have to dig up my old DVD's and watch it again.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

It is well worth the rewatch. I myself have watched it many times, both on VHS and DVD.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I finally managed to buy myself a used SNES Killer Instinct game! I grew up playing it but since they're kinda expensive, i never managed to find one in a good shape for a good price.

And let me tell you, both this and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 grew old so well!

They are much more frenetic and responsive than their respective arcade versions. I might be too nostalgic, but speed is something fighting games NEED these days. That's why i suck on Soul Calibur and i prefer to play BlazBlue or older versions of Tekken. not too much things to worry about.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Soul Calibur 2 always felt fast to me. Then again I played nightmare and felt tons of speed in his whole moveset thanks to 8 way run and all the combined movelists he had from Siegfried and Nightmare''s movelists being combined in SC2.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I swear i've tried. I have SCV in here and had 3 for PS2, but the AI is very tricky when it comes to high levels.

I got tired of losing to Zasalamel or Cervantes. Argh.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

GAA1992 wrote:I swear i've tried. I have SCV in here and had 3 for PS2, but the AI is very tricky when it comes to high levels.

I got tired of losing to Zasalamel or Cervantes. Argh.
That's your problem. They are probably some of the fastest characters in the game, next to Talim and Taki (and perhaps Ivy, if played right).

Then again, Zasalamel and Cervantes are both incredibly unfair to fight against (as is Talim, if the opponent knows what they're doing).
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, i like to play with Yoshimitsu (when avaiable) and Mitsurugi.
Do you think they are good characters, technically speaking?
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

*pops out of nowhere*
What about Tira? the strategy that i did (mostly at the time) was to only mash buttons, hoping in vain that i could execute a special move...
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

It's not real Soul Calibur if sobriety is involved and a Dreamcast isn't.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Indeed Soul Calibur is one of the few games that i deal some moves without knowing exactly HOW.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

GAA1992 wrote:Well, i like to play with Yoshimitsu (when avaiable) and Mitsurugi.
Do you think they are good characters, technically speaking?
They were SC2 top tier characters. keyword "were". If you don't care about tier lists and want to connect to these characters, go for it!
Hellsmith1

Post by Hellsmith1 »

This weather that we are having right now is unbelievable it was 74 degrees outside today here in Indiana and through out this weekend and the week coming up its going to stay in the. Can you believe that Its the middle of February and its 70 degrees, and believe it or not my tulips and my daffodils are coming up already and it feels like spring has come early this year.

California is getting hit by rain, Maine has 72 inches of snow there and we are in the 70s here. The weather this year is something else.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I'm reminded why math and an understanding of it is so important for redefining my problems and coming up with new ways to approximate things. While one theme of everyone in "The Six Man Army" was that fewer if any things were going to be described to the player with numbers, it didn't make sense in some cases to do away with numbers entirely, so... I thought about one of the character's weapons this way- what if instead of describing how much ammo the weapon had remaining, I told the player how many seconds of continuous fire was remaining instead? A definition that might actually turn out to be MORE intuitive and useful than an exact bullet count!

Funny how a concept that started out as a "take the piss on Botania" is actually turning out to be super creative.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

I haven't played SC2 in a looong time, but I really liked SCVs since they allowed me to gather minerals and gas to make marines, tanks and such. They improved their AI noticably since the original SC, too :P

Return to “Off-Topic”