[Sound patch] Metadoom Sound Skin

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

[Sound patch] Metadoom Sound Skin

Post by Captain J »

Previously i posted this thread for before, yet i only uploaded them in ZIP. But now, i'd like to share them in a wad file! Just put this wad into your Skin folder and hear the enhanced sound effects faster and easier!

Oh, also i've edited some of the sound effects such as DSBOSSIT and Ice death and break ones. Because i felt i poorly finished them. And again, credit text is inside of the folder.

Download here!
Last edited by Captain J on Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Sound patch] Metadoom Sound Skin

Post by Agitatio »

Are those intended for MetaDoom? I guess not, but I'm confused by some sounds that aren't used in Doom. Otherwise really like it, apart from some sounds not being remade and pistol sound that doesn't fit default pistol. Maybe combine original pistol with Doom 3 pistol sounds?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Grigori wrote:Are those intended for MetaDoom? I guess not, but I'm confused by some sounds that aren't used in Doom.
Not only that, some of the sound effects are actually taken from metadoom itself, i had to combine with such sound effects because someone hasn't ripped the Doom 4 sound effects... Until D4T already did it later.

And about the pistol sound effect, i'll consider about it!
Agitatio

Post by Agitatio »

Captain J wrote:
Grigori wrote:Are those intended for MetaDoom? I guess not, but I'm confused by some sounds that aren't used in Doom.
Not only that, some of the sound effects are actually taken from metadoom itself, i had to combine with such sound effects because someone hasn't ripped the Doom 4 sound effects... Until D4T already did it later.
Don't know if I misunderstood you or if I did express myself incorrectly. What I meant was that some sounds present in you sound patch are not used in default Doom.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I just got it right now, i think. You mean such as vanilla monsters' pain sounds? If that's true, that's strange. They does plays well in the game. Have you put the wad in the skins folder?
Agitatio

Post by Agitatio »

Captain J wrote:I just got it right now, i think. You mean such as vanilla monsters' pain sounds? If that's true, that's strange. They does plays well in the game. Have you put the wad in the skins folder?
I mean sounds like ICEBRK1A and ICEDTH1. What are they for? Sorry for confusion and spam about such simple thing. :oops:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh, oooooh. That's what i thought, actually. Sorry about the misunderstanding. Anyway those sound effects are for Literally ice death sequences(being frozen and breaks). They were originally from hexen, but somehow used from gzdoom.pk3 as well. So i decided to remake it along with other sound effects from gzdoom.pk3.

For instance, DSSECRET is secret revealing sound, and DSQUAKE is an earthquake sound played by map script or A_Quake. And thanks for the suggestion and reminder. I'm about to fix some sound effects to make them sound more like vanilla if i have a spare time!
Agitatio

Post by Agitatio »

Captain J wrote:And thanks for the suggestion and reminder. I'm about to fix some sound effects to make them sound more like vanilla if i have a spare time!
If you need some inspiration, there's this great little mod that takes Perkristian's HQ Sounds, fills in the gaps and replaces repetitive sounds.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh hey! The different but same concept kind of mod already existed in few years ago! Those sounds really amazing, alright!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Alright, i just updated the mod with new DSPISTOL sound that actually sounds like powder powered and fixed SMM active and pain sound mixed-up problem. Check out the first post to download!
Agitatio

Post by Agitatio »

Good job! Still, I feel like Chaingun and Zombieman need new (unique) sounds too. Also chainsaw idle sound is not very "loop friendly". And how dare you taking away that beautiful AAAAAAA from Revenants? I'm kidding, but maybe try to get it back somehow. It's an iconic sound.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Grigori wrote:Good job! Still, I feel like Chaingun and Zombieman need new (unique) sounds too.
I'd love to, but too bad vanilla doom lacks gun sound effects. Of course, i can take some sound effects from other games ID made, but i prefer the original sound effect doom has.
Also chainsaw idle sound is not very "loop friendly".
Since vanilla one plays like that, i decided it to follow the vanilla one. Also it kinda sounds repeated in headphone, to me.
And how dare you taking away that beautiful AAAAAAA from Revenants? I'm kidding, but maybe try to get it back somehow. It's an iconic sound.
WHOOPS, but intended. Sorry about that! But hope it sounds at least agitating for ya!

Thanks for the reply, and sorry if my replies didn't satisfied you!
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Grigori wrote:Good job! Still, I feel like Chaingun and Zombieman need new (unique) sounds too. Also chainsaw idle sound is not very "loop friendly". And how dare you taking away that beautiful AAAAAAA from Revenants? I'm kidding, but maybe try to get it back somehow. It's an iconic sound.
Always thought this would be fitting, IMO - All taken from Doom 3

Zombiemen - Typical lackey zombie/security guys
Shotgun Guys - Final Doom 3 Commando sounds
Commando - Alpha/Trent Reznor's Doom 3 Commando sounds
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I don't know what Alpha/Trent Reznor's Doom 3 is, but i presume it's fan's remade sound addon for doom. In that case, no can do about it! I'd like to use sounds from only original game has.

Oh, also zombies' sound effects were all already set. Replaced with remarkable ones from the series. Such as vanilla one in and D64 one.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

The Trent Reznor/Alpha sounds are named as so as they were first introduced in the leaked E3 build of Doom 3 when it was still in it's alpha stages.

There are mods for the final game that add them back into the game, But besides that you may have heard these before: Brutal Doom used it in v16 for all the zombies [although it quite frankly made a room full of zombies just earrape.] and MetaDoom currently uses it for the [randomized] tentacle commando fittingly enough.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”