[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Vostyok »

Haha great link.

I love that guy.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Yes, he does his research and shows some skills while still clearly having fun :D my go-to guy when researching guns for a mod.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

CeeJay wrote:Yes, he does his research and shows some skills while still clearly having fun :D my go-to guy when researching guns for a mod.
haha same here! His sawed-off shotgun video was especially entertaining educational ;)
Gez

Post by Gez »

Some torch translations. It's based on a Doomworld post claiming you could replace the red torch by a green torch with the red translation, so I looked at how translated green torches would look like compared to the original. First three sprites are from the IWAD, next three are standard Doom translations, last four are custom.

Master of Disasters

Post by Master of Disasters »

CeeJay wrote:
They're replicas, but I don't think there are that many functionable originals around.

Black powder. Cap and ball. Would take awhile to reload.
Hah, what are the odds I see one of his videos again so soon after, those being percussions.

It's more these guys I'm trying to recreate, cartridge conversions, hence the two pieces making up the cylinder and cap(?), It doesn't really change the reloading debacle, but seems to help it fit into the classic spaghetti western style more.

Maybe I should just cheat and have the cylinder pop out or something. :|

But I wonder if there's a way to make self aiming hitscans to match those superhuman reflexes you see in those movies :P
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Vostyok wrote:I love that guy.
I love his firing range. I have one similar back behind our land but nowhere near as epic as his.
Orka

Post by Orka »

I just had to post it 'cause I fell in love in that pistol... :)
Credits to Diodeus (for ripping the pistol from Last Rites) also to Uboa (for the muzzleflash)...
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

SmarineS wrote:Image
I just had to post it 'cause I fell in love in that pistol... :)
Credits to Diodeus (for ripping the pistol from Last Rites) also to Uboa (for the muzzleflash)...
here's my 5 shoddy cents
creds to monolith
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

Seen a few Pulse Rifles here and there, and I've not been satisfied, so as usual when I do sprites, I wanted to improve on existing assets. I may or may not finish the other frames, which is becoming a common theme for me, oh well I guess. Model by pepedrago on Sketchfab, hands are from Hacx (Banjo). Size is 320x200, may look a bit small, but it looks good in-game to me.

ImageImageImage

Screenshot from willkuer's Aliens (USCM) weapons (Alpha 7) which I threw the sprite into for ease's sake.
GENTEK

Post by GENTEK »

Nice job man! :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Finally, a better-looking pulse rifle! Now i wonder there's more decent alien weapons...
SmarineS wrote:ImageI just had to post it 'cause I fell in love in that pistol... :)
I indeed love this pistol, except it has bizarre angle. But at least 5th one might be fine.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

The angle on the hand and pistol don't match. Other than that it's fine.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Captain J wrote:Finally, a better-looking pulse rifle! Now i wonder there's more decent alien weapons...
SmarineS wrote:ImageI just had to post it 'cause I fell in love in that pistol... :)
I indeed love this pistol, except it has bizarre angle. But at least 5th one might be fine.
CeeJay wrote:The angle on the hand and pistol don't match. Other than that it's fine.
Spoiler: KEK.
In all seriousness... it just needs some angular fine-tuning. Which can be hard for hands, as they'd need to be re-drawn. But Doomguy hands are very common on these forums... maybe just search for the right hand? :)
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Gez wrote:Some torch translations. It's based on a Doomworld post claiming you could replace the red torch by a green torch with the red translation, so I looked at how translated green torches would look like compared to the original. First three sprites are from the IWAD, next three are standard Doom translations, last four are custom.

Is there a full set of these for the new colors?
Gez

Post by Gez »

I could make one, but since those are translation it'd be even simpler to just provide some actor code.

Code: Select all

Actor TTorchGrey : GreenTorch { Translation "112:127=96:111" }
Actor TTorchBrown : GreenTorch { Translation "112:127=64:79" }
Actor TTorchDullRed : GreenTorch { Translation "112:127=32:47" }

Actor TTorchRed : GreenTorch { Translation "112:127=172:187" }
Actor TTorchBlue : GreenTorch { Translation "112:125=194:207" }
Actor TTorchYellow : GreenTorch { Translation "112:125=160:167" }
Actor TTorchOrange : GreenTorch { Translation "112:127=208:223" }
Actor TTorchPink : GreenTorch { Translation "112:127=16:31" }
Actor TTorchWhite : GreenTorch { Translation "112:127=80:95" }

And if you'd rather do that for the small torches, use ShortGreenTorch instead of GreenTorch.

Return to “General”