[RELEASE] Prodoomer V3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PsychoSilverTH
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [RELEASE] Prodoomer V3 [GZDOOM 2.2.0]

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

Valherran wrote:What cyan ring? All the rings I have seen are golden, where is the cyan ring supposed to be?
The cyan ring is beside the door of the ring you were missing, in the hall there is a ceiling you can go through to find a teleporter.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

PsychoSilverTH wrote:
Valherran wrote:What cyan ring? All the rings I have seen are golden, where is the cyan ring supposed to be?
The cyan ring is beside the door of the ring you were missing, in the hall there is a ceiling you can go through to find a teleporter.
Hmm, I didn't realize that one was a cyan color. Good to know. Happen to have a .txt file handy telling me where the rest of them are? I beat the game, I got all of the achievements done, plus I did lvl 33. But since Mobius requires those cyan rings, I am at a standstill cus these are apparently super hidden and could be anywhere in any quantity.
PsychoSilverTH

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

Valherran wrote:
PsychoSilverTH wrote:
Hmm, I didn't realize that one was a cyan color. Good to know. Happen to have a .txt file handy telling me where the rest of them are? I beat the game, I got all of the achievements done, plus I did lvl 33. But since Mobius requires those cyan rings, I am at a standstill cus these are apparently super hidden and could be anywhere in any quantity.
There's a ring in every first stage, from episode 2 onwards. The last one is behind the biggest skull you've ever seen.

By the way, have you tried new game plus?
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

PsychoSilverTH wrote: There's a ring in every first stage, from episode 2 onwards. The last one is behind the biggest skull you've ever seen.

By the way, have you tried new game plus?
One at the beginning of each episode, and one behind Kranium, got it. Once I collect them all, I will begin new game plus and get back to ya. :-)
Dyshes

Post by Dyshes »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=takni96A0Fs

Bumped into little bug with ng+.

If you finish game on last 2 difficulty setting - default select section will be lower, than "badass" option, so you need to press "up" in order to get it back.

Btw, how you can get above lvl 30?:D
PsychoSilverTH

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

Dyshes wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=takni96A0Fs

Bumped into little bug with ng+.

If you finish game on last 2 difficulty setting - default select section will be lower, than "badass" option, so you need to press "up" in order to get it back.

Btw, how you can get above lvl 30?:D
I forgot to put "TakeInventory (" MenudifficultyCursor ", 6);" In each difficulty selection :?, because what happened, that it piled up the MenudifficultyCursor inventory item to an off range number in the menu where you choose your difficulty again.

Max level is 30, when you enter new game plus, you will only earn money by killing enemies and everything that gives experience will be money.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

I think that you should have added a really-hard-to-find item to surpass the limit to at least level 40 maximum
Dyshes

Post by Dyshes »

PsychoSilverTH wrote: I forgot to put "TakeInventory (" MenudifficultyCursor ", 6);" In each difficulty selection :?, because what happened, that it piled up the MenudifficultyCursor inventory item to an off range number in the menu where you choose your difficulty again.

Max level is 30, when you enter new game plus, you will only earn money by killing enemies and everything that gives experience will be money.
Ah, looks like i misunderstood Valherran, he meant map33, not dash lvl 33.
leodoom85 wrote:I think that you should have added a really-hard-to-find item to surpass the limit to at least level 40 maximum
Nah, "not to find". Purchaseable via NG+ shop - could be good.
PsychoSilverTH

Re: [RELEASE] Prodoomer V3 [GZDoom]

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

I found out that prodoomer works from version "gzdoom-x64-g2.4pre-288-g0e5aee4 Jan 30 2017" onwards.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

All finished! 8-)
Spoiler:
I have a question. When I was running through Map 01 to make a quick buck to get the monster spawning gun, I noticed there was a segment of openable terrain on the map by the entrance to the mountain. So I gave myself a super map to see what it was and it was some sort of hallway with a room with a lit up triangle on the wall, what's up with that and how do I open it?

The last 5 areas of the game were pretty hectic, I basically went nowhere without a full mana bar. That other last fight was so damn hard, I wish the rest of you best of luck beating it on the hardest setting.

Now for the other feedback:

1. There is one spot you need to fix on the 2nd playthrough, and that's the final door on the 2nd train level. When you open it, it goes into cutscene mode. But when it does this, the monsters you put in there kill you while the cutscene is going. I had to open the door by the very possible corner I could touch without being in sight to get passed that part. But I would put some kind of invisible wall there that goes away when the cutscene ends so you at least have a chance to move to cover before they blast you.

2. Hitting Golem Riders with lots of hazard damage (like using gas grenades, dragon's breath etc.) can randomly cause the game to lock up and no longer respond. I don't know why, but it only seemed to happen with Golem Riders and nothing else.

3. I noticed that some weapon habilities were not awakening enemies, was that intentional?

4. Heaven Guard doesn't awaken enemies when he hits them.
PsychoSilverTH

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

Valherran wrote:All finished! 8-)
Spoiler:
I have a question. When I was running through Map 01 to make a quick buck to get the monster spawning gun, I noticed there was a segment of openable terrain on the map by the entrance to the mountain. So I gave myself a super map to see what it was and it was some sort of hallway with a room with a lit up triangle on the wall, what's up with that and how do I open it?

The last 5 areas of the game were pretty hectic, I basically went nowhere without a full mana bar. That other last fight was so damn hard, I wish the rest of you best of luck beating it on the hardest setting.

Now for the other feedback:

1. There is one spot you need to fix on the 2nd playthrough, and that's the final door on the 2nd train level. When you open it, it goes into cutscene mode. But when it does this, the monsters you put in there kill you while the cutscene is going. I had to open the door by the very possible corner I could touch without being in sight to get passed that part. But I would put some kind of invisible wall there that goes away when the cutscene ends so you at least have a chance to move to cover before they blast you.

2. Hitting Golem Riders with lots of hazard damage (like using gas grenades, dragon's breath etc.) can randomly cause the game to lock up and no longer respond. I don't know why, but it only seemed to happen with Golem Riders and nothing else.

3. I noticed that some weapon habilities were not awakening enemies, was that intentional?

4. Heaven Guard doesn't awaken enemies when he hits them.
CONGRATULATIONS!

That place is an easter egg. There are 6 of those hidden for people to find, I'm not going to reveal how to find and get to them, as I'd like others to find out.

1- I hadn't noticed that because I used clock freeze during that cutscene. It's a good challenge too, for people who are playing new game plus (I'm not skipping over fixing that problem, though)

2- The damage dealt by gas, and dragon breath, is massive, especially against very large enemies (such as golem riders, arachnotrons, Leandrus' final form, morbids, maephistos, among others,) but I've never had issues with gzdoom crashing when damaging golems).

3- I put in "A_AlertMonsters" when using the weapon ability, but it seems to be misused (I put it on the inventory item for the skill,) apparently this code is better used on the weapon itself.

4- When you summon Heavenguard it does make noise, but when it follows you into another room and you don't alert the monsters, Heavenguard kills them one by one while the enemies not affected by him stay still, maybe that's what you did. I'd have to give "A_AlertMonsters" to his attacks, and problem solved. Then again, there are also the recruits.

Also, can the file be replaced on ModDB without altering the link?

Thing is that my mod has been shared through other sites, and I'd like to update it without changing the link to it.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

You should be able to add a new separate file for download under the files section of your page.
That place is an easter egg. There are 6 of those hidden for people to find, I'm not going to reveal how to find and get to them, as I'd like others to find out.
If this is related to those one of places that make that grungy guitar sound when nearing it that has a weird picture in it, I have found all of them. But this one in map 01 wasn't there before to my knowledge and it may be broken.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Valherran wrote:You should be able to add a new separate file for download under the files section of your page.
If this is related to those one of places that make that grungy guitar sound when nearing it that has a weird picture in it, I have found all of them. But this one in map 01 wasn't there before to my knowledge and it may be broken.
Are you sure? Because getting near to that wall will activate the cutscene...
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

leodoom85 wrote:
Valherran wrote:You should be able to add a new separate file for download under the files section of your page.
Are you sure? Because getting near to that wall will activate the cutscene...
Nevermind, I figured it out.

However, you need to replace that audio file, that was HORRID. lol
PsychoSilverTH

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

In prodoomer v2 previously were 5 easter eggs and the easter egg from map 01 was in that version (yes, in the v3 I added one more).

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”