[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: [V1.1] FINAL DOOMER

Post by Yholl »

Valherran wrote:Plutoniaguy's shotgun has a scope on it, so I kinda expected this to be a hunting shotgun, maybe tighten the spread more for use of long range?
It's already at 3, 1.5 spread over Doom 2's 5.6, 0. How much more accurate do I have to make this thing just because it has the graphic of a fancy magnifying tube attached to it?
Valherran wrote:Doomguy's shotgun could use a small ROF increase to compete with the other 2.
People already complained that the different shotguns had inconsistent speeds before. In any case, his shotgun is meant to be the worst out of the three, weapons of the same tier don't have to be 1:1 with each other, it's more about all the weapons combined.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:okay, so it seems i was wrong with the casings thing slightly. if one of the new sprites stand on just the edge of some geometry, like one of the steps of a staircase, whatever terrain below it goes bonkers and will constantly make sounds, and in the case of liquid terrain, splashes. so it's not a case of empty casings going splishy-splashy all the time, but the new pickup sprites doing it.
AHA

Now that I understand, I know exactly what's causing that, will fix.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:oh yeah, the invulnerability sphere doesn't make any sounds when being picked up.
Ah, yeah, will fix. Somehow I did not notice until now.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Yholl wrote:
Valherran wrote:Plutoniaguy's shotgun has a scope on it, so I kinda expected this to be a hunting shotgun, maybe tighten the spread more for use of long range?
It's already at 3, 1.5 spread over Doom 2's 5.6, 0. How much more accurate do I have to make this thing just because it has the graphic of a fancy magnifying tube attached to it?
VERY. (jk)

In all seriousness, shotguns in real life don't have much spread over short-to-medium ranges, unless they're sawed-off. Think "Chrome Justice" accurate (2.2, 2.2). It probably has the most realistic spread in a Doom mod that I've seen.

Here's a fun idea... why not give it an alt-fire function that tightens the choke further for use over longer ranges?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i think that would defeat the purpose of simplicity this mod is going for (the only gun using alt-fire is the Halderman Device, and that one kind of makes sense.) plus, it would make the shotgun just a bit too good if you could snipe across unreasonable distances.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

True.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Well, the lethal range of most hunting shotguns is around 30-35 meters to hit your target with all of the buckshot...
People already complained that the different shotguns had inconsistent speeds before. In any case, his shotgun is meant to be the worst out of the three, weapons of the same tier don't have to be 1:1 with each other, it's more about all the weapons combined.
Alright. Note to self, don't pick Doomguy for Doom 1 unless you want to be handicapped in the shotty department. :lol:
Sgt. Shivers

Re: [V1.2] FINAL DOOMER

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

The mod has been updated again!
Spoiler:
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Valherran wrote:Alright. Note to self, don't pick Doomguy for Doom 1 unless you want to be handicapped in the shotty department. :lol:
oh no not the doom shotgun its so bad for doom

ANYWAY
I've been trying to make a poll for the next weapon sets, but Doom has so much stuff that all the different polling sites I've tried do not give you enough options to list them all.
SO I GET TO DO IT MANUALLY WHEEE

In no particular order, here's all the possible weaponsets I've considered. Of course, feel free to nominate one that isn't listed if you want, I will add it to the list.
Just make a post with the names of three sets you'd like to see, and eventually I'll tally the results and the three highest will be chosen to be the next set.
  • Scythe
    Memento Mori
    Back to Saturn X
    Hellbound
    Eternal Doom
    The Revolution!
    Icarus
    Ancient Aliens
    Valiant
    Stronghold
    Demon Eclipse
    Alien Vendetta
    Community Chest
    UAC Ultra
    The Darkening
    Epic
    Herian
    Vanguard
    Sunlust
    The Talosian Incident
    Sunder
    Whitemare
    Armadosia
    A.L.T.
    Sacrement
    Demonfear
    Requiem
    Equinox
    Eviltech
    Hellcore
    Hell Revealed
    Vela Pax
    Counterattack
    Jenesis
    Fragport
    NDCP
    NOVA
    Resurgence
    Reverie
    JPCP
    Zones of Fear
    Estranged
    Interception
    The Rebirth
    The Brotherhood of Ruin
    Speed of Doom
    Unholy Realms
    Vile Flesh
    Whispers of Satan
    Zone 300
    STRAIN
    ZPack
Minor note in the case of Vela Pax/Counterattack, they will not be released until the actual mapsets are done.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Zone 300 guy, yes.
JPCP kawaii guy, yes.
Also this.
Last edited by Slax on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Ancient Aliens, JPCP, Hellbound.

Also this mod is really super cool and I'm actually not convinced you guys are human???
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

BTSX, Sunlust, Ancient Aliens.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

Scythe, JPCP and Zone 300
Baconator

Post by Baconator »

Ancient Aliens
Epic
Stronghold
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Perdition's Gate, Eternal Doom, Hell to Pay.

I was thinking about nominating that last one for a while but that was because I thought it'd be a bad idea to nominate something that already has a few weapons of its own, and seeing things like Valiant and Demon Eclipse on that list has changed my mind, so now I'm excited to see how H2P's janky prerendered weapons could be reinterpreted.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

JPCP, DRLA, Laundry 3
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Perdition's Gate, Equinox, and Ancient Aliens.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”