[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: [V1.1] FINAL DOOMER

Post by Yholl »

Just a heads up, 1.1 is actually on the main post now.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Yholl wrote:Just a heads up, 1.1 is actually on the main post now.
Whoops! :oops:
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Even though it's not a megawad, Sverre Kvernmo's Cabal series would be interesting to see. Or Perdition's Gate, which is kind of a "lost chapter" to Final Doom.

edit: whoa I posted this thinking page 2 was still the latest somehow how craaaazy
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

Even though I know it is not a megawad, it is lovely to see Unloved (heh) have its own weapon set. Something that mixes the SH survival weaponry and Doom run-n-gun weaponry, because of how Unloved tend to be 'generous' with enemy numbers.
mentha

Post by mentha »

oh man. scythe 2, going down, hellbound, lots of good things. not sure if they're all megawads. and going down would probably have to be insanity incarnate.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Whooooa, my. I really forgot to play this mod when it came out! Anyway thanks a megaton for this mod, shivers! Also it's grateful that my resources were useful for this mod, too!

And about the bugs and problem, i have none, actually. Except Heavy Machine Gun's ejected casings are visually different than the first person one itself, Missile Launcher's Missile acts slow for the short time when fired and Maser doesn't leaves decal, not sure it's a problem if they were intentional.

Then again, this is one neat mod to play with. Thanks!

EDIT: Also maybe i'm thinking too much, but how can he grab and held a Heavy Machine Gun straight forward by grabbing only rear grips?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Captain J wrote:EDIT: Also maybe i'm thinking too much, but how can he grab and held a Heavy Machine Gun straight forward by grabbing only rear grips?
It's on a wheelie tripod. =P
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

there is a bug where the class of Tnt sometimes uses the weapons of the class Plutonia wich are like all the weapons that you can grab are from plutonia class
i found out its a bug of the recent builds apparantly
could be wrong
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

To me, nothing happened, actually. With Mod Version V1.1 and Gzdoom g.2.3.2. You mean like sprite change or the mixed scripts?
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Well the pickup sprites were normal but when grabbed they are the weapons from Plutonia class soo
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Redead-ITA wrote:Well the pickup sprites were normal but when grabbed they are the weapons from Plutonia class soo
What version of GZDoom are you running? Does this happen on a new game, or are you loading an old save? Which levels are you playing?
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Mod does some funky stuff with the latest dev builds. Try the stable release.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Captain J wrote:Missile Launcher's Missile acts slow for the short time when fired
I think that's intentional; It stalls for a moment before activating its rocket thrusters. I believe real-life rocket launchers function this way in order to prevent the exhaust from causing damage to the weapon or its wielder.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

it could be useful by giving you a brief reprieve to run away from your enemy while launching rockets at them. the rockets are also much faster than vanilla ones, so it's much easier to hit a distant target with it.

i've been having quite a bit of fun with this mod recently. the themed weapons really do feel like they fit in with the mapsets they're themed after (Plutonia's weapons being blood-stained or overgrown with vines, and TNT's having a sleek look to them.) here's a couple of obeservations i have after playing with it for a while.

the HMG seems a bit underpowered. or at least, they seem ineffective on cyberdemons, as it took literally hundreds of shots to sink one of them down, which is a bit of a problem when playing Plutonia... either a slight damage-boost, or have the large ammo boxes give 150 or 175 ammo perhaps? on that note, the recoil is waaaay too much. if it had half the amount of recoil it does now, it would be more tolerable.

it also was a bit annoying using the Quantum Accelerator in Plutonia, since on Go 2 It it became a bit of a chore to kill the cyberdemons using it, due to them taking multiple shots before going down. that's kind of a minor complaint overall though, it'd probably be less annoying if the HMG were more effective against them.

the Power Saw is very finicky to use, since you slide all over a target when coming in contact with it, which often leads to you getting trapped by a wall of pinkies. a bit less slippy-sliding around would be appreciated.

the missile launcher seems a bit weaker compared to the vanilla RL? maybe it's to compensate for the faster projectile speed?

you can't pick up radsuits when using the radiation part of the Halderman Device. this is also just a minor complaint, but it's something i noticed.

the Mazer is waaaaay too framerate intensive. shooting it over even medium-sized distances makes the framerate drop quickly.

finally, casings seems to like doing this on terrain effects.
isaacpop23

Post by isaacpop23 »

Going Down would be a good mapset to do. I've yet to see a map set that out ranks it, and the idea having a weapon set tailored to it...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”