[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [V1.1] FINAL DOOMER

Post by wildweasel »

I feel like The Darkening 2 really could use a themed weapon and/or monster set.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Great idea too. This would demand the weapons to be as Quake-ish as possible :D
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Hypothetically, if we were to make a weapon set for another megawad, which one would you guys choose?
I'd love to see what you guys could come up with for Ancient Aliens and the Japanese Community Project.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

wildweasel wrote:I feel like The Darkening 2 really could use a themed weapon and/or monster set.
Yeah, I agree. As GAA1992 said, a Quake feeling weapon set would go perfect with it.
MasoGuy
Location: Walking the Earth (There was no more room in hell...)

Re: [V1] FINAL DOOMER

Post by MasoGuy »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:P.S. Hypothetically, if we were to make a weapon set for another megawad, which one would you guys choose?
Back To Saturn X Episode 1 & 2

Ancient Aliens

Sunlust

Going Down
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

MasoGuy wrote:
Sgt. Shivers wrote:P.S. Hypothetically, if we were to make a weapon set for another megawad, which one would you guys choose?
Hmm...is that not what Weapons of Saturn was designed for?
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

Perdition's Gate would be pretty cool. (that's what I've been playing this with)
MasoGuy

Post by MasoGuy »

wildweasel wrote:
MasoGuy wrote:
Hmm...is that not what Weapons of Saturn was designed for?
Wait there's a weapon set for it?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

zrrion the insect wrote:Perdition's Gate would be pretty cool. (that's what I've been playing this with)
This would be a fun "canon" choice, since Perdition's Gate was nearly part of Final Doom, so it'd be keeping with the theme.

Ancient Aliens and Back to Saturn X would also be great choices, but they'd be pretty difficult to do since they're so aesthetically unique among Doom mods.
(In addition, balancing a weapon set for AA might make it a bit overpowered in other map sets...)
MasoGuy

Post by MasoGuy »

Kinsie wrote: Ancient Aliens and Back to Saturn X would also be great choices, but they'd be pretty difficult to do since they're so aesthetically unique among Doom mods.
(In addition, balancing a weapon set for AA might make it a bit overpowered in other map sets...)
Now that I think about it, would Ancient Aliens benefit from a separate weapons set for each of its episode to match their slight changes in theme?
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Icarus I feel would be the logical followup if we're going by TeamTNT's ensuing releases. :)
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Then Eternal Doom since they took it up from Team Eternal.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

MasoGuy wrote:
Kinsie wrote: Ancient Aliens and Back to Saturn X would also be great choices, but they'd be pretty difficult to do since they're so aesthetically unique among Doom mods.
Now that I think about it, would Ancient Aliens benefit from a separate weapons set for each of its episode to match their slight changes in theme?
I dunno, I feel like a Prey-esque mishmash of weapons from various origins would actually fit the episode really well. A basic man-made weapon and an ancestral spirit weapon, various alien analogues to the usual FPS archetypes.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

You mean Prey as in the game where you play as the native american, or prey as in the upcoming game?

If the former, I agree, though maybe the alien weapons could be a fusion of alien and human technology.
Big C

Post by Big C »

wildweasel wrote:
MasoGuy wrote:
I dunno, I feel like a Prey-esque mishmash of weapons from various origins would actually fit the episode really well. A basic man-made weapon and an ancestral spirit weapon, various alien analogues to the usual FPS archetypes.
Noisy Cricket for slot 7. :P It'd fit on multiple levels.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”