GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ZZYZX

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by ZZYZX »

Well yea, but it should ignore self-referencing doublesided line if it cannot split the sector in two (this one definitely can't).
printz

Post by printz »

Is there any way to make GZDB build GL nodes when selecting GLBSP? I'm editing a vanilla Strife level and I need them for Strife Veteran Edition.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

It should always build GL nodes. It probably just doesn't put them in the wad. It should because the lump name is the same anyway.
See Compilers/Nodebuilders/glbsp.cfg and glbsp -help for what is executed. Maybe you need to specify different version or other arguments.
printz

Post by printz »

Well, GL nodes are the ones starting with GL_, not the same as the vanilla NODES lump.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Well apparently not for GZDoom, so I believe your version of Strife is quite special among Doom engines. Not sure if it's easy to support that.
I'd certainly need the engine that you are using, and some map that has these special GL nodes that start with GL_.
(or you can try to build nodes manually (or through a proxy script) using something like https://github.com/jewalky/wadstomp and renaming lumps made by GLBSP to GL_NODES).

edit: ZDoom wiki is very dumb. I already found that GL_ is legit, not in the level lump listing, but in a totally random page.
Going to later check what GZDB does to GL nodes.
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

The difference between the GL node lumps and the NODES lump is that the GL one is guaranteed to be convex. While a GL BSP lump is a valid NODES lump, the opposite may not be the case and an engine cannot know if it is without analyzing the lump.

As for GZDoom, it generates the GL nodes itself if they are missing. You can leave out all the nodes lumps and GZDoom will still function - its built-in node builder will then just generate it all itself.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

@ZZYZX:

It's a common format among hardware rendering engines. GZDoom is different because it has access to ZDoom's internal node builder and never relied on traditional GL nodes. It can load them but since they are not the optimal format for providing nodes it is rarely used in GZDoom maps - and not part of the UDMF spec. (ZDoom UDMF requires GL nodes in XGLx format to avoid the mess the old GL nodes specs created.)
illuknisaa

Post by illuknisaa »

I think I found a bug.

If you action special 65 (Plat_UpByValue) the platform plays wrong sound when it return to it's original position. It plays the floor/ceiling moves sound instead of platform sound.
In addition if you open the line's properties you have a box labeled as "lower by (*8)". I think this should be "raise by (*8)".
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Plat_UpByValue

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1hx2f84g5 ... yvalue.wad
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

It appears that the default sector sound sequences aren't listed in the Edit Sector window, which they used to be. They're still available to use, just not listed in the Sound Sequence menu.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

You should load gzdoom.pk3 as default resource and mark it "exlude from testing parameters". That way it works.
They were removed from game configuration because it's more correct to load them from GZDoom itself.
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

That did it. Thanks.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

illuknisaa wrote:I think I found a bug.

If you action special 65 (Plat_UpByValue) the platform plays wrong sound when it return to it's original position. It plays the floor/ceiling moves sound instead of platform sound.
How is this related to GZDB? http://mantis.zdoom.org
illuknisaa wrote:In addition if you open the line's properties you have a box labeled as "lower by (*8)". I think this should be "raise by (*8)".
Fixed.

Also in case anyone wonders: for the 13 tasks in github issues, I'm going to check these on the weekend. Same for the poll result, the script editing is not 100% removed even with current results, I might as well keep it in if I manage to fix the resource loading/saving mechanism so that it doesn't lock when it shouldn't.
Dethernal

Post by Dethernal »

Can someone save solution in VS2010 format? I don't have any OS that can open VS2015 solution files but want a see what I can do with wine-specific errors. I have MS VS2010 but it cannot open project (MonoDevelop also crash).
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

The only way is manual I'm afraid http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2048 ... udios-2010
I'd suggest using a virtual machine with vs2015 in it, if you only have Linux. That's what I would do anyway.

Another googled link here http://lastexitcode.com/projects/MonoDe ... /Releases/
Not sure if it's of any help, but it says it allows monodevelop to open vs2015 projects.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Supposedly fixed Autoalign and Select Neighbours functions.

Before, if you have the same texture on front and back sides of the same linedef, it'd select both sides on shift+click.
It would also try to autoalign both sides, resulting in utterly broken offsets all the time.
Now these will only work with the side that you are clicking on.

Feedback is welcome, because these recursive loops are quite magic and I could've broken something that was already working.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”