[WIP]USCM Arsenal GZDoom BETA - Download p.3

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
willkuer

[WIP]USCM Arsenal GZDoom BETA - Download p.3

Post by willkuer »

Colonial_Marine_DOOM.jpg
LATEST DOWNLOAD (Alpha 8):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/l177amr5n ... lpha08.pk3

* Added Motion Tracker/Radar
* Added Alien
* Fixed some bugs

Alpha 7:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2k71ef3li ... lpha07.pk3

New update for you guys to test and explore. Getting closer to a viable tech demo I believe :D

* Added TITLEMAP
* Added menu logo
* Started/added early version of my Hadleys Hope map (MAP01)
* Added a few ambient sounds and environment effects (gathered from the community, e.g. Realm667 - thanks Tormentor!)
* Added new Pulse Rifle sound effects
* Added Hacking Tool
* Added ACS to first map to demonstrate Welder and Hacking Tool
* Shoulder Lamp [F] key
* Flames caused by the Incinerator now hurt the player too
* Tweaks here and there
* Still not functional: Motion Tracker/Radar and Smartgun auto targeting :(

Tested (see video) in 1280x720 with all the fancy new GZDoom 2.3 effects on :)

My GZDoom settings:
Spoiler:
How to use:
* Clean GZDoom 2.3 setup (tested with DOOM2.WAD)
* Copy this *.pk3 into GZDoom folder
* Drag'n'drop onto gzdoom.exe
* Start a new game
* Have fun! :)

Credits:
Spoiler:
Previous updates and alphas:
Spoiler:

ORIGINAL POST:
Been learning decorate code lately, started with a USCM weapon set:

Sprites aren't final but sounds and firing pretty much are. The flame thrower code is taken from Realm667 and slightly adjusted by myself. What do you think? :)
Last edited by willkuer on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:57 am, edited 43 times in total.
-Ghost-

Re: [WIP]Aliens (USCM) weapons GZDoom

Post by -Ghost- »

Looks pretty nice! The pulse rifle sounds a little off though, like it's too high pitched.
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Thanks for the feedback! :)

I didn't have too much time to work on it, but here's what I have so far:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4oxecp8o5 ... lpha01.zip

(Use it with a clean GZDoom install, start a new game and IDKFA the guns into your inventory
OR
use the testmap.wad I put into the zip file; you'll get the arsenal once you walk into the hallway)

Pulse Rifle - slot 2
Flame Thrower - slot 3
"Smart Gun" - slot 4 ("" because it neither looks like one yet, nor does it track enemies - if that's even possible)

Here's a video too:

Have fun! :)
Last edited by willkuer on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Not bad :D

I don't know where you took this flamethrower but it looks great :D The smartgun also looks great. The grenade should have a bit less bouncing factor because as you surely realized in your video it can bounced back to the player just before it explodes and can results in unwanted death. Other than i think you are in the right track and i can't wait to see more :)
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

yeah, the sounds are a bit off. I think they're supposed to be a bit more like a continuous firing sound, and then after you let go the trigger, play an ending sound
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

chronoteeth wrote:yeah, the sounds are a bit off. I think they're supposed to be a bit more like a continuous firing sound, and then after you let go the trigger, play an ending sound
Yeah, I figured I could manage that with using A_PlaySound instead of defining an AttackSound. Split the firing sound in attack/loop and the falloff/reverb sound and play that after the ReFire check. I'll try that next session, maybe tonight or tomorrow if I find time.

On another note: What do you guys say - underslung launcher: Grenades or rockets (straight firing line)?
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Endless123 wrote:Not bad :D

I don't know where you took this flamethrower but it looks great :D The smartgun also looks great. The grenade should have a bit less bouncing factor because as you surely realized in your video it can bounced back to the player just before it explodes and can results in unwanted death. Other than i think you are in the right track and i can't wait to see more :)

The flamer is hacked/drawn from a Duke Nukem 3D custom M16-sprite. It's subject to change still - the one in the movie looks a bit different. But I want to have a solid mod/code base plus sound effects ready first. :D

As for the grenades: See my question to the community in my above post/reply :D 'Cause to be movie accurate they'd have to fly more like rockets than bouncy 'nades... I think. What do you guys think?
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

I made a version with two Pulse Rifles in slot 2. One with looping firing sound and a tail/falloff when releasing the fire button, plus the original one. The first also features a rocket launcher instead of a grenade launcher.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2p9j2h1f ... lpha02.pk3

The looping sound is taken from the 1999 AvP game, since mine didn't loop well (too much sharp attack). Also it fires in three-round-bursts for timing reasons. If there is a better way to do it, please let me know!
The code is as follows:
Spoiler:
What do you think?
willkuer

Re: [WIP]Aliens (USCM) weapons GZDoom +DOWNLOAD

Post by willkuer »

UPDATE:
Video of alpha 3 :D

willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Ok, so here we go with a new version. I decided that my personal twist on the USCM theme will be fun-to-use secondary fire modes for all of the guns. But beware! Most of them eat through your ammo really fast. :)
...also, some new sprites. Still work in progress though.

LATEST DOWNLOAD (Alpha 4):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g7fbh1ewq ... lpha04.pk3

How to use:
* Clean GZDoom setup (tested with DOOM2.WAD)
* Copy this *.pk3 (and any map you want to try it on) into GZDoom folder
* Mark the files and drag'n'drop them onto the gzdoom.exe
* Start a new game/your map and IDKFA (cheat) the weapons into your inventory (no pickups yet)
* Have fun! :)

Current Features:
Spoiler:
Todo:
Spoiler:
Feedback, ideas and/or help are welcome!
Last edited by willkuer on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deii

Post by Deii »

Hey, just gave this a go and I gotta say it's pretty cool! I did notice a few strange things going on, mostly on map 20 (I usually go for it when it comes to testing new gameplay mods) and was surprised to find these in the elevator that leads to the area where the cyberdemon and spider mastermind are:
Spoiler:
This is the first time I see anything like this, so I have no idea what could be wrong. Like, at all. Anyway, onto feedback....
Spoiler:
If you're looking to keep the vanilla guns from showing up, I think you should replace their respective actors somehow, and you could have it so the M41A (which has an explosive altfire) replace the rocket launcher so the other guns are kinda left intact.

Glad if I could be of help. :D
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Glad if I could be of help. :D
Thank you very much for testing and feedback! Yes you did help! :D :)

At the bottom of this reply you'll find a new version for download with a few bug fixes and a few of your suggestions implemented. But first, my commenting on your comments :D
I did notice a few strange things going on, mostly on map 20 (I usually go for it when it comes to testing new gameplay mods) and was surprised to find these in the elevator that leads to the area where the cyberdemon and spider mastermind are:
Spoiler:
Hmm, honestly, I have no clue what causes this other than me maybe using a sprite name that is already in use by Doom. My Smartgun HUD sprite is called SMRTxx - anybody knows if there is a sprite called like that in Doom2?
Anyway, onto feedback....
Anti-wall-of-text ^^
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD (Alpha 5):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/b9kvkk4cb ... lpha05.pk3

willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Update see first post :D
willkuer

Re: [WIP]Aliens (USCM) weapons GZDoom +DOWNLOAD (Alpha 6)

Post by willkuer »

New update for you guys to test and explore. Getting closer to a viable tech demo I believe :D
Details, see first post...

DOWNLOAD Alpha 7:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2k71ef3li ... lpha07.pk3

Mr.Enchanter

Re: [WIP]Aliens (USCM) weapons GZDoom +DOWNLOAD (Alpha 7)

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

SMRTxx, or SMRTA-D are the red torch lump names.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”