The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: The WIP Thread

Post by Vostyok »

Yes! My mod utilises a complicated day/night system in the place of a set sky texture!
Spoiler:
kodi

Post by kodi »

video link

The grenade launcher now has cryo-grenades that freeze monsters solid! Work-in-progress, but it works independently from monster decorate and saves/restores their original color translation.
I need to find a better way to freeze the monster than thing_deactivate though, because I want them to be susceptible to (reduced) damage.
Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Well, I'm pretty sure this shotgun is a trap...
Spoiler:
(I haven't adjusted brightness levels, nor set light effects, nor placed things inside yet, so it may change the room a little.)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

When you found the important or interesting stuff in doom, there's definitely no happy ending after getting them. Anyway, that's nice looking trap map!
Last edited by Captain J on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
GENTEK

The WIP Thread

Post by GENTEK »

So true! :P
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Sandro wrote:(I haven't adjusted brightness levels, nor set light effects, nor placed things inside yet, so it may change the room a little.)
>Nor placed things inside yet

Oh, then that SSG is an edit in Paint?

Jokes aside, the theme of this room is great, reminds me of Alien Vendetta style.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

Showing off my mod Simply-Hard v95; once i get to version 100 I might end up giving it a public release, but on version 99 I am going to hunt down every author for resources used.
also, if anyone sees something in here that is theirs or would like me to remove, please let us know and I'll make the changes accordingly, not trying to step on anyone's toes
Gosimer and kunai gather resources for me to put in or ask me to put in their ideas. (this wasnt meant to be a thing, it was just a joke wad at first) but as of late, i've been really
on point when gosimer / kunai ask me to put in sprites they found. as in contact the author via pm

Hopefully to anyone interested i'll have this released soon.
Possible versions to release are your normal version with all you see here and some changes ahead (Includes custom edited r667 enemies / new ones)
Lite: Vanilla enemies / resources only with some tweaks

Mod compat: Colourfull hell would be one of them :p
GENTEK

The WIP Thread

Post by GENTEK »

I really like all in this video man a great job you've done with these weapons! :thumb: And the shield... :shock:
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

Thanks friend! :D
offtopic
also was wondering about your earthworm jim level(s), would you be interested in making a buttville level? I've always loved those levels
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Hehe, nice touch on that JOHN CE-warhead.
GENTEK

The WIP Thread

Post by GENTEK »

doomfiend wrote:Thanks friend! :D offtopic also was wondering about your earthworm jim level(s), would you be interested in making a buttville level? I've always loved those levels
Earthworm Jim is really complex to do in 3D I've to find the best way to do the Env but probably a lots of complex 3D floors like that!
Spoiler:
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

I can't imagine how you are gonna do something to that for the rest of the level, I started working on one a long time ago, even managed to get the lightning ripped from the Megadrive version of the game and coloured it, i was gonna do a simpler way of making buttville, since the 2D Textures don't translate to 3D very well, you can probably guess how well that went, so I went with a floating rock in a void kind of design D:

Gonna finish this at some point for my 48 map mapset xD
GENTEK

The WIP Thread

Post by GENTEK »

BTW What about this Arcade to select your classic retro...
I don' t plan to make a lots of games but I would like to start an Arcade for everyone who want to create his favorite old 2D games like me so we could create an awsome pack! The project his ready to be released and updated after!
kodi

Post by kodi »

I think a minigame community mod would be more interesting as a portable console ("DoomBoy" seems pretty natural..) which can be loaded along any other mod. Could be a fun way for everyone involved to familiarize themselves with zscript and A_Overlays.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Can you A_Overlay CameraTextures yet? If you could... holy shit. :mrgreen

Return to “Off-Topic”