Wolfenstein EC (formerly Wolfenstein 3DGE)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Enjay

Re: [3DGE] Wolfenstein 3DGE update 2016

Post by Enjay »

I only (re)found this mod yesterday via the Doomworld thread and I've been playing it relentlessly ever since. It makes a Wolf-like experience very accessible and great fun. Fantastic mod.

I've got to check out Duke it out in Doom now as Ceejay mentioned it in the DW thread too.
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] Wolfenstein 3DGE update 2016

Post by CeeJay »

Again, thank you.

When playing Duke it Out in DOOM, or most of my other mods for that matter, be sure to use 3DGE 2.0.4 Final as the recent builds don't work well with the mods.
Dunya

Re: [3DGE] Wolfenstein 3DGE update

Post by Dunya »

Hello, CeeJay. I'm really glad that Wolfenstein 3DGE develops and I consider it one of the best remakes of classic Wolfenstein 3D.
I have a couple of questions. I would like to know, is door, which opening to the side, planned in the future as in the original? And I really liked the old HUD. Can you return it back? Anyways, this is a great mod, thank you for it.
Sorry for my poor english.
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

Mods like this make my wish that GZDoom had DDF support to play these.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Dunya wrote:Hello, CeeJay. I'm really glad that Wolfenstein 3DGE develops and I consider it one of the best remakes of classic Wolfenstein 3D.
Thank you.
Dunya wrote:I have a couple of questions. I would like to know, is door, which opening to the side, planned in the future as in the original?
I have no idea how to do it. The levels were automatically generated with a converter utility with some minor edits done afterwards manually, but I'm not really a level designer.
Dunya wrote:And I really liked the old HUD. Can you return it back? Anyways, this is a great mod, thank you for it.
Sorry for my poor english.
Really? You prefer a big ol' blue box that takes up a big chunk of the screen, contains more info that needed and has no widescreen support? I had it removed primarily for the widescreen issue and because it caused the weapon sprites to stretch for some odd reason.

EDIT: Could this please be moved to "TCs and Other Projects" as it's not really a gameplay mod. Thank you.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

CeeJay wrote:EDIT: Could this please be moved to "TCs and Other Projects" as it's not really a gameplay mod. Thank you.
Done, sorry about that.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

No worries. Thank you.
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] Wolfenstein 3DGE (update 2017)

Post by CeeJay »

Updated :D

Now taking advantage of the newly supported archive format (EPK aka PK3 aka ZIP), which mean it'll require absolute latest version of 3DGE available at the moment. Along with this, there is also many changes, including fixes, throughout. I am quite pleased with how it turned out, even if it did take a little too long to convert and make work under the new format.

Some technical stuff: Enemies do more damage up close and on higher skill levels while you do more damage from behind. A knife to the back usually results in insta-kill, while still also being silent. Making the knife actually more useful.

Head on over and grab a copy: http://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfenstein-3dge/downloads

Get Psyched! :twisted:
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Picking up the chaingun also grants the machinegun if it hasn't been found yet. Intentional? :o
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Yes, intentional. Original Wolf3d behaviour.
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

I don't think I can download the latest 3DGE though! It says something about Win32:Evo-gen [Susp].
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Did you try to download it from here: https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/3dge/
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

That works.
sherberttcat

Post by sherberttcat »

The hud's alpha transparency is off, ever so slightly.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Huh? The HUD is not even supposed to have any transparency.

EDIT: Which parts? The face, the digits, the icons or the whole lot.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”