Doom: Fireworks Mod [WIP]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Seidolon

Doom: Fireworks Mod [WIP]

Post by Seidolon »

NNNNNNOTHINNGGGGG

Download: *removed*
Last edited by Seidolon on Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Doom: Fireworks Mod [WIP]

Post by Captain J »

Very. Very interesting mod! And believe it or not, i killed bunch of imps with M-1000 Firecrackers. It was of course weak, but it was fun!

Anyway, i'd like to see more fireworks in the next update. This is pretty fun!
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm working on making bottle rockets right now. If you have suggestions for ideas, feel free to mention them here.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

Haven't tried this myself, but I just wanted to share a sudden idea I had: what if you made a team-based deathmatch where the weapons were all fireworks that matched your team color translation? I don't know if that would be feasible without defining untranslated classes for "Red Team Player" and "Blue Team Player" to circumvent any gaps in the translation feature set, but it's a neat idea I think.

Now, I need to download and try this thing for myself. Are the zombies being replaced with pickups? And are the fireworks pickups volatile in the same way as ammo exposed to fireworks?
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

That's a good idea for team deathmatch. I'll see what I can do for that idea in the future. The zombies are in fact replaced with the pickups. The firework pickups are actually the only things volatile to the firework explosions. I'm going to reword that in the OP to make more sense. Thanks for trying it out.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Seidolon wrote:Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm working on making bottle rockets right now. If you have suggestions for ideas, feel free to mention them here.
How about even more fireworks? Like...

Roman candle(Highly recommended), Throwable Cherry Bomb, Fountain Firework, Spinning Firecracker and etc... Making the mod much beautiful and deadlier!
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Okay, I'll take those into consideration when deciding what else to add.

Download link updated! Bottle rockets added. Download now for loads of pyrotechnical fun!
Deii

Post by Deii »

Yeah, this is pretty fun! It's especially awesome when you use fast weapons and lay down a lot of bottle rockets.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Updated again. Added cherry bombs.
EffinghamHuffnagel

Post by EffinghamHuffnagel »

Just saw this and downloaded. Have to try it tomorrow.

Don't know how the mechanics would work, but:

Snakes - Those silly little pellets you light and a snake grows out or it. I could see lighting a big one and creating a giant snake. Not really an offensive weapon; more defensive. It would create a temporary impassable barrier to block doors, hallways, bridges. Would certainly add a new dimension to gameplay in Deathmatch.

Sparklers - A fireworks version of a torch. Doesn't do damage, but would probably overload anyone's IR Goggles.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

If you can and don't mind, and if you're going to update it, put some of these:

This is a kind of firework so strong that it got banned. One of these tore off a small chunk of an underside of a railway line bridge.
Spoiler: Video of it in action
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

I don't mind doing something like that, and I will continue to update this as long as I stay motivated and keep working on it. Thanks for the idea!
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

That was pretty amusing. I enjoyed it. The fireworks are pretty weak and throwing the firecrackers takes a kinda long, but I think you can really expand on this mod if you wanted to. It would be cool if some of the fireworks had some different colored lighting effects.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

This truly fun!Hope you do expand it! :lol:
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Thanks for the feedback!

@lizardcommando Yeah I was thinking that too about the throwing speeds for the fireworks, so I may change that. I also might increase the damage and radius of the M-1000 because it's very underpowered. There's no point in using it when one has a perfectly good cherry bomb to throw. For colored lighting, I might implement that into some fountains that I make in the future or some mortar shells too.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”