New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Zen3001

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Zen3001 »

hi im 16 havent played doom for a long time, i started playing it a half year ago now
Tetsuryu

Post by Tetsuryu »

Hi I'm <username to the right, I think> I'm 32 and I've been playing Doom since 1999.

On and off.

Mostly off.
multiguy18

Post by multiguy18 »

Hi, i am multiguy18.
I'm watching the ZDOOM-Forums regularly since 3 years before i decided to register. I'm living in Switzerland and gained interest for the DOOM-Series at a time where i only had a Windows XP-Laptop (With a Intel Pentium Centrino Processor :roll: ).
I started some projects in this timeline, but most of them ended in a early "WIP-State". The most recent project i'm working on is named "DOOM Chaos Edition". If you came across some of the Super Mario 64 Chaos Edition-Videos on Youtube, then you know what i mean. :mrgreen:
TFP

Post by TFP »

Hi there, my name is TFP (Name comes from one of my old online handles, Tfp Breakdown, the first part being an abbreviation for transformers prime. I can also accept being referred to as Break as well.)

My experience with doom first started in middle school, when one of my teachers had a copy of it on their computers and we were allowed to play on it a few times but I never really got the hang of it a bit. Never really played it too much after that because I forgot the name of it after being done with middle school. Yeah... ^^;

The next chapter of playing something doom related was with Megaman 8-bit deathmatch, came across and downloaded it when I got my first laptop and wanted some good games for it. From that point on, I was completely hooked on it (In fact Tfp, was my second then soon to be main handle for it, BioPlayerX60 was the first) for the next years to come. Sadly I don't play on it as much as I used to due to a combination of a burn out and personal problems that I won't go further into details but as a result makes playing on online servers for it harder because of a feeling of being too alienated from the playerbase itself. In fact the only time I ever go online for it, is for testing for a mod but that's about it mostly.

Sometime in 2013 iirc, I managed to find a copy of Doom 2 for dirt cheap and good condition at a flea market and soon got Zandronum to playthrough it as well as try the other mods for Doom that I have heard about like GvH and BD. Soon I was hooked onto there and decided to just go by TFP instead of the whole name, though sadly as time went on, I kinda became disinterested in doom online play mostly due to little variety now then how it was back then (at least compared to when I started playing).

So then I turned to Zdoom/Gzdoom. Mostly to try out the ranger class mod for HeXen for ideas as well cause it looked neat. At fisrt it didn't work out due to soundcard issues on both ports but then after some switching I manged to get sound but not music working on Gzdoom then later on finally got music to work again, and then began to try out many fun mods like Combined_Arms, Project Ironclad, and Bulleteye. I do hope to come across some more fun mods to play more of.

As for modding experience, I have got very little, I have made some skins and music stuff for 8bdm, tried to code weapons and make some crosshairs as well but neither one worked out too well and the doom stuff seems rather complicated in some places 0m0... but I do hope to get a better idea of it at a later point and make some good stuff of my own as well.
Geek_Zolda

Post by Geek_Zolda »

Well hello there,

I'm Eddy, and I've been playing around with doom for a long time. I've been meaning to post here a few times but I couldnt be arsed to register, so I left it at that.

Right now I'm having an issue I cant find the solution to anywhere online, so I had no choice :p

Hopefully, I'll start posting from time to time.

Have a good one !
PvtTaggart

Post by PvtTaggart »

Hello everyone ive been mapping for a while but they are not that good but i am improving, i hope that people enjoy my maps i will release in the future if not please give me your opinion as i would really like to improve on mapping and hopefully in the future i can make fun maps.

Bye
adamaH_oriH

Post by adamaH_oriH »

PvtTaggart wrote:Hello everyone ive been mapping for a while but they are not that good but i am improving, i hope that people enjoy my maps i will release in the future if not please give me your opinion as i would really like to improve on mapping and hopefully in the future i can make fun maps.

Bye
YOUR ICON IS 2D. ANOTHER GOOD GORILLAZ FAN IN THE ZDOOM HOUSE! WHOOP!
Viva Noodaroo!
PvtTaggart

Post by PvtTaggart »

Was wandering if anyone would notice, ey there
Dklark

Post by Dklark »

Hey there, I'm DK. I've been playing Doom for quite a while now. The only way to make yourself heard is to speak up, so I've finally decided to register.

Have a good one, fellas.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Hello there, Dklark.
isaacpop23

Post by isaacpop23 »

Am I disqualified from doing one of these considering I am not *that* new in regards to when I made the account or when I actually started using it? Eh, I'm new enough.

Basically a 15 year old who's been playing Doom for roughly 12 years and has rarely haven it fall off the list of games. Trying to actually make more for the game than just playing other's work, currently only working on maps. And spends most their time listening to 60-70s music.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Damn, I thought you were 30 or something! Weird.
DustZero

Post by DustZero »

Hi, I've been playing Doom since I was around 10 or so.

Recently I started looking into Doom modding and wanted to engage in discussions as well as ask for help when I run into problems that I can't solve.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

I never saw this category about introducing yourself to the forum until now but here we go...oh boy...

I'm leodoom85 but everyone can call me Leo. I'm a 31 years old Chilean guy(32 in April). Been in the forum for 2-3 years aprox. I contributed some maps recently to some projects as well as some ideas and I can give you some help as much as I can :thumb:. I am also a Youtuber for 2 years but I started to upload videos about 2 or 3 months ago with Doom content as well as Heretic, Hexen and some related music.
Edit: I've been playing Doom since I had 12 years old. First it was SNES Doom, then PSX Doom, then the PC version. :rock:

And that's it. :)
Elias79

Post by Elias79 »

Hello from Sweden :)

A game that is still active 24 years later must be a really iconic game for sure, hopefully it will stay active for another 10 years at least.

Return to “Off-Topic”