GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ZZYZX

Re: GZDoom Builder 2.3

Post by ZZYZX »

GZDB has a limit on displayed lights count (Settings->Appearance->Dynamic lights count slider), and even when it's too high, it should not cause crashes. At most, it may cause unacceptable lag, but not crashes and definitely not video driver crashes.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

And how do the options work, anyway? I'm setting them to random values, but get no result. Fog density settings are also kinda confusing. Can someone please clear that up a bit? I'd read the manual, but entry's missing.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

I see glow fields. :D
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Lud wrote: And how do the options work, anyway? I'm setting them to random values, but get no result. Fog density settings are also kinda confusing. Can someone please clear that up a bit? I'd read the manual, but entry's missing.
There definitely is something amiss.
Like in your screenshot, the reset ceiling brightness is attached to the floor glow height.
Spoiler:
and the glow does not show up when playing the map.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

feature request

Would it be possible to give the focused tab a distinct colour ?
camaxide

Post by camaxide »

By default glow must be placed in code
Spoiler:
The new gzdoombuilder seem to implement a way to set different glow on a per sector basis? does this mean we should be able to set glows in the builder without actually making a file with defined glow-textures first, and also be able to apply different glows on the same textures when on different sectors? I can't seem to make it work if so, I can't see the glow I apply neither in the editor or builder (testing with builder 2.3.0.2764) this is without defining glows in a file. I map in GZDoom Doom2 UDMF format - what am I doing wrong? :)
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

That's what it's supposed to do, I reckon, but for some reason it doesn't work. Guess we'll have to arm ourselves with patience. I'm sure MaxED will take a look at it when he has the time.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Fog density and floor/ceiling glows don't work because they are not fully implemented in GZDoom yet.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

That makes sense. Probably explains why the wiki also lacks them. Thanks for the info!
Numnzel

Post by Numnzel »

Just one thing, is this help entry title pointing correctly?
Spoiler:
The second entry actually does send me to the sound propagation mode help entry.
FireSeraphim

Post by FireSeraphim »

So today I go to work on my maps some more in gzdoombuilder, and all of a sudden I get 202 error messages involving the editor not being able to find the decorate data for alot of things I'm using and all (My sideproject uses DECORATE and I really don't see the need to swap on over to ZScript just right yet). Here's the zip file containing my project as of right now: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/762 ... lpha_2.zip

I hope this bizarre problem is resolved soon, 'specially since I'm using inheretance to get a few actors from a few other idtech one games in here.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

camaxide

Post by camaxide »

I've got texture and flats brightness set to +0y, but there is still a big difference in brightness between the editor and ingame - is there a way to adjust this?
Dark rooms like say 128 is almost pitch black in game as they should, while in the editor they are fairly bright still.
illuknisaa

Post by illuknisaa »

How does "apply directional lighting" work?
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

illuknisaa wrote:How does "apply directional lighting" work?
From the Changelog:
[r2744] by m-x-d 2016-11-16 20:31:04
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added "Apply Directional Shading" mode. It can be used to apply directional
colored flat shading to sloped terrain sectors (line and vertex slopes are
supported) and sidedefs.
Before:
Spoiler:
After:
Spoiler:

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”