Angry Anna : Christmas Quest

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Angel-Neko_X
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Angry Anna : Christmas Quest

Post by Angel-Neko_X »

You're Angry Anna, the most angriest girl of the world who's having now a very bad christmas and you decided to heist santa for get your real present.

In the wad :
-6 single maps, works in COOP
-New weapon : motorbike
-New enemies
-TRIGGERED female baddies
Spoiler:
Download :
-Moddb : http://www.moddb.com/mods/angry-anna-christmas-quest
-Dropbox : https://www.dropbox.com/s/owm7lculrmf72 ... t.rar?dl=0
-MediaFire : http://www.mediafire.com/file/zeyi30d9b ... _Quest.rar

WARNING!! You need the last GZDOOM build for play it!

Enjoy and Merry Christmas.
Last edited by Angel-Neko_X on Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
ijon

Re: Angry Anna : Christmas Quest

Post by ijon »

Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Well i cant say it dosent live up to his name
there are some sections of some levels in wich lagged wich are the high speed sections but other than that Its pretty alright
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Sorry this is bad. Real bad.

I played the whole thing and uhhhh yeah, wow. You made a really bad thing.

I'll give a full critique later. Maybe.
Angel-Neko_X

Post by Angel-Neko_X »

Jimmy wrote:Sorry this is bad. Real bad.

I played the whole thing and uhhhh yeah, wow. You made a really bad thing.

I'll give a full critique later. Maybe.
I guess? 'think not exept if you tell me what's wrong with it!
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Yeah sorry I know vague posts that just shit on you don't really help a lot. I'll break it down for you reeeeal quick (lol -future jimmy) before I go to bed, then.

Blow by blow critique incoming:

---

Starting ZDoom: COCAINUM is an unknown texture. Uh, okay. Also, class "Pig" defined more than once. This is actually a class used by Hexen. Whatever, not a fatal error as such. Let's dive in...

MAP01: First room's design doesn't bode well - literally default Doom Builder textures. Unskippable cutscenes yay~! The dialogue is really badly translated and I can't read it easily because each line is only on the screen for 3 seconds. And the profanity is placed just as badly. "There's a shit problem Anna!"

There's an "ear rape" FUUUUU sound effect, which was oh so funny back in the 2000s when YouTube Poops were a vaguely relevant thing - at least the brand of humor in this makes itself known right off the bat. The demons make Gordon Ramsay sounds. There are Angry Birds piggies. Why were these creative decisions made.

MAP02: Revenants make... more FUUUU sounds? Amongst others.

"Krampus Akbar". I ask you.

Oh bugger me you put the pony with the chainsaw in this. And I have to avoid her (I can't kill her, which isn't made clear at all) by going through a frictionless ice labyrinth full of dead ends. I saved myself into a corner and had no means of escape so I just hit the console and ]flew over her. Turns out I had to just walk into the closet she came from. That was obvious.

Right, we need to talk about this ice slope segment. Not only are the pitfalls barely visible and look exactly the same, but they're almost unavoidable. I have to pull some real blue-shell-drift-dodging shit to avoid these corners. This is perhaps the worst part of this set right here. And we're but a third done...

MAP03: The first room is a box full of enemies (plenty of hitscanners) and no health. I also did not have health when I entered this map. Bad times were had.

Now we're introduced to the feminazi subplot, if we can even call it that. I mean, why? I can understand Angry Anna is upset about a lot of things in her life but I fail to see how blasting a bunch of hyperzealous activists fixes things or is in any way in the festive spirit. Oh joy you played the extremely loud FUUUUU sound effect twice over itself, that was super necessary. And TRIGGERED is such a funny meme, not at all a grotesque oversimplification of the mental disturbances that sufferers of trauma endure when exposed to something that reminds them of their traumatic experiences, nope, we just mildly offended some feminists with a weak and poorly-worded counter-remark so let's laugh at that!

Also I've never done cocaine but I'm pretty sure it doesn't boost your body's resistance to bullet fire by 200%.

WHY ARE THE ANGRY BIRD PIGGIES IN THIS. they don't even do anything

MAP04: Strewth, this motorbike segment. It goes way too fast, I barely have time to react to what's happening or move in the direction this Chloe person is telling me through onscreen text. Wouldn't arrows have been a more straightforward guide?

YOU PLAYED THE FUUU SOUND AGAIN I HATE THIS SO MUCH

I am so confused, now there are actual nazis here and this whole unskippable exchange with a rape "joke" as the punchline makes so little sense what the righteous FUCK is happening

Also I still don't really know who Anita Sarkeesian is or what she's done but her being in this WAD is surely a grave offense.

MAP05: Big area with lots of snow effects = insta lag. You really must have thought this through--

NEVER MIND THERE'S A VAGINA TUNNEL YOU PUT NO RATIONAL THOUGHT INTO THIS

WHY IS THE PSYCHO PONY BACK AGAIN

Ugh, more hi-speed segments where I need the reflexes of a mosquito to avoid the insta-kill pitfalls. That fucking bridge jump took me like 5 tries because I had no idea where to go. No I wasn't reading the onscreen text, I couldn't understand a word of it. I know when to fucking jump though, "thanks you" Chloe. (Oh god for serious look at a book. It's thank you, not thanks you. Look at anyone speaking a word of English.)

I hate this. Fuck off, pony.

MAP06: There are unknown actors in this map. And more piggies which the WAD still hasn't explained. More unskippable cutscenes that don't make sense. I just noticed the snowmen have the H2HXmas player sounds. Well of course they'd be saying "OPEN" every 0.0021 milliseconds.

if you play that FUUUU sound effect one more time I'm going to stab a small garden animal

Did you edit/use the Santa actor from my Merry Shitmas map in TCA2? I mean, alright, whatever - give him 15000 HP. Why not. This final battle is rubbish and takes forever.

FINAL TEXT SCREEN: You really have an unhealthy obsession with TerminusEst13's stuff don't you.

---

Yeah sorry, I know you probably wanted to get something out for Christmas, but this is so irredeemably bad.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

This looks like a fun wad to review and I know I'm not expecting very much.
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Aquarius199 would love this. :P
Doom Grey

Post by Doom Grey »

Swan Fox guy/girl strikes back! That's all I can say about this for now.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

The legend of Swan Whoops never dies.

Nuff said.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Jeimuzu73 wrote:Aquarius199 would love this. :P
Agree.
Angel-Neko_X

Post by Angel-Neko_X »

Piss... ._.
Feel like I'm giving you all a poisonous christmas present right now!
VANDAMVANDAM

Post by VANDAMVANDAM »

Your mod is not that bad. I thought that the grammar mistakes were intentional, though.
And the jump moment was really hard, as my pc started to lag as hell.
Also, for me the difficulty was too hard, the last two levels i was using god mode.
But, nevertheless, I love your work, and I can say that in soviet russia there are too many of the right-wing feminazis, so one can easily understand the work that you've done.
I don't think that it's bad to kill someone in doom, since this is a game, and it meant to be funny, and the fun factor in doom is the ability to kill as many triggered units as you can.
Anyone can be triggered about anything, but what's the use?
A word about pony, when I've met her for the first time I was running right into her and that helped me a lot, but then I died while I was jumping on rocks.
The next time I went backward, and found that there is a cave system to run away from this pony, don't really feel that this helps, it's easier to bypass her using the bump-into-pony way.
The satan claus is difficult as hell, maybe this was intended, also, there is a room full of snowmemes, and it's an instakill room, most of the time, this mod lacks balance.
Good work, though.
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Maybe someone will call me a trash eater, but I enjoyed while playing this, despite it has a lot, A LOT of problems.

The biggest problem is that "FUUUUUUU" and "Triggered" meme overuse. I have nothing against memes, but here they looked KINDA out of place. And also that loud as fuck "FUUU..." noice acted like a good but annoying screamer.

Character's phrases (Especially Anna's) are almost unreadalbe because of colors and a very short "Hanging" time (I had to open the console every time it appears in order to read it).

That bike ride was simple but awesome... Untill I discovered that I can "Hide" bike in my pockets. That's really too werid and very low quality (But I repeat: the bike ride is cool, despite it's very simple).

Insta-lag at the end of MAP05 because of TONS of snow, and... Pussy tunnel? Really?

The boss fight is BOOOOOOORING... It's just running in a circle and shooting for about 10 minutes, and nothing interesting happens.

But when I heard that christmas music from Serious Sam, I was happy like a little kid. Too bad that this fight with clusterfuck of snowmans is also kinda boring.

With everything else (What I can remember) I'm totally OK.

In conclusion: dumb, weird, low quality, but goddamn funny.

Return to “Levels”