Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Soul Sucka

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Post by Soul Sucka »

Came across a bug where no matter how many maps I passed through, enemy monster levels stayed the same (in my case, at the 25-35 range), and wouldn't scale up as they should. The bug only fixed itself after I went to the Outpost and back, with monsters immediately going back to their appropriate levels.

Played on GZDoom g2.2.0, DRLA 1.05 and the latest 1.05-compatible version of DRPG as compiled by Yholl.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

The Thing Thing wrote:Version v0.10.0 to be exact, and yeah no crashes, mind you I never used the DoomRPG turrets and stuck to using DoomRLA for the mod. the only problems I have experienced happened when I got hit with the CONFUSION Debuff and it would pretty much Kill the mod " I cant access the Doom RPG menu or any other Doom RPG Stuff" and that would require me to restart GZDoom.
I meant to ask, where can I find that specific version, 0.10.0? I wanted to test a few things in that one. The current build is 0.10.1, so I looked at the list of commits on GitHub, but I couldn't figure out how far back to go. When was the date that the version number changed?
https://github.com/Kyle873/DoomRPG/commits/master

There is one feature of 0.9.14 that is highly exploitable, which is probably why it was removed in subsequent versions.
Spoiler:
VICE

Post by VICE »

Ok, so I just read something interesting:

https://zdoom.org/wiki/ACS
Please note that looping a script without a delay will cause ZDoom to automatically terminate the script, because it would not give anything else in the map a chance to run. This is determined by counting the amount of actions called by the script and terminating if the amount reaches 2,000,000. Some functions, like distance, can hit this limit when called in a large "for" loop. You will see a message like the following when this happens:
"Runaway script 1 terminated"
Looks like this is the cause of the script error everyone's getting.
Don't know if you checked this angle yet, (ignore this post if you did) but I'm guessing this could be relevant here since this mod deals with some very large numbers on the regular. Makes sense for stuff like the turret feature to aggregate it. It also sounds right because whenever you get this error the map freezes for a second before spitting out the errors.

Might want to check the numbered scripts that are getting this error and see if any of the loops there can get to 2m, and add 1-tic delays where possible.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

Megaherz wrote:Ok, so I just read something interesting:

https://zdoom.org/wiki/ACS
Please note that looping a script without a delay will cause ZDoom to automatically terminate the script, because it would not give anything else in the map a chance to run. This is determined by counting the amount of actions called by the script and terminating if the amount reaches 2,000,000. Some functions, like distance, can hit this limit when called in a large "for" loop. You will see a message like the following when this happens:
"Runaway script 1 terminated"
Looks like this is the cause of the script error everyone's getting.
Don't know if you checked this angle yet, (ignore this post if you did) but I'm guessing this could be relevant here since this mod deals with some very large numbers on the regular. Makes sense for stuff like the turret feature to aggregate it. It also sounds right because whenever you get this error the map freezes for a second before spitting out the errors.

Might want to check the numbered scripts that are getting this error and see if any of the loops there can get to 2m, and add 1-tic delays where possible.
I had actually looked that up a while ago, but since I don't know my way around this mod's files very well, I don't even know where to start. I tried looking at DoomRPG.lib, the only file in the ACS folder, with Notepad++ but it looks completely incoherent and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
hunterman123

Post by hunterman123 »

What's with when I play an level event on 9.14.0, it lags HARD, like, it just drops dramatically.
Doomguy6678

Post by Doomguy6678 »

Hay Kyle sorry for the bother but I have no idea how to get doomrpg and la to run together if you could help that would be great thanks
Soul Sucka

Post by Soul Sucka »

Doomguy6678 wrote:Hay Kyle sorry for the bother but I have no idea how to get doomrpg and la to run together if you could help that would be great thanks
Get DoomRPG from this URL: https://github.com/Kyle873/DoomRPG/arch ... c2e53c.zip

Then run the wads in this order:
<mappack pwads if you're going to use any>
doomrl_arsenal_1.05.wad
doomrl_arsenal_hud_1.05.wad
doomrl_monsters_beta_6.2.wad
DoomRPG folder
DoomRPG-Brightmaps folder
DoomRPG-Doom1 folder (if you're using DOOM.WAD and not DOOM2/TNT/PLUTONIA)
DoomRPG-DRArsenal folder
DoomRPG-RLMonsters folder

Make sure to zip up the contents of each DRPG folder if you want to run them on ZDL (so they become DoomRPG.zip, DoomRPG-Brightmaps.zip, etc.).
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

I had a lot of fun let's playing your mod! Just wondering, though, do you have any plans to expand upon the included episode? Right now, it seems to just be arena shooting and using the credits to buy stronger weapons, which gets a little boring after a while. :P
Jigstraw

Post by Jigstraw »

Hoooly hell getting a level 5 hazard event is the biggest waste of time I've ever come across, ffs. Less than 10 minutes spent on completing the level before sitting around for literally over half an hour pouring a gas can into the generator every 90 seconds. If this ever sees another update, please do something about this nonsense. x.x

Sorry if that comes off as rude, love everything else about the mod, just wow, what an annoying, purposeless time waster.
SwiftFunk
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SwiftFunk »

Is anyone else here having tons of lag for no reason? Even with all the special graphics and stuff turned off, it still lags a WHOLE BUNCH! Anybody else have this, and are there any possible solutions?
Eziam1

Post by Eziam1 »

Yeah the wad does get pretty laggy when you play on a save after awhile, so i create a new one and it fixes it for me. shame that the save character feature doesnt work since i cant load a character due to (error 3). so i have to do the janky way of switching pwads during the save which might be why i get a lot of lag after so long.
Clusterone666

Post by Clusterone666 »

Getting this script error anytime I try to run it. Haven't played Doom RPG since July so I know a lot has changed, downloaded the latest GZDoom dev build as well. Anyone know what is going on? (Also tried running it on master branch and guinew.)
Spoiler:
Eziam1

Post by Eziam1 »

Newest doom rpg does not work with the doom rpg launcher. version 9.14 does
Scottvrakis

Post by Scottvrakis »

Hey, not sure if this has been asked yet, but just in-case...

I'm using a very outdated version of the mod with RL arsenal and RL monsters. I wanted to know if it's possible to update the Doom RPG mod and those separate mods without losing my current character and their weapon stashes and so-fourth?

Also, if it exists, is there a place I can view the changelog? I'm not even sure if the mod has even changed since I got it a year ago.

Thanks! :D
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

It is not possible to retain your character between versions. Loading old character saves has very unpredictable results.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”