D4D - Announcement in 1st post (Jan 4th 2017)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: D4D - You kidding? v2.0.3 bugfix! (11/03/16)

Post by wildweasel »

Rowsol wrote:My post had nothing to do with BD, but okay.
Apologies, I didn't follow the link, I only assumed it was relevant because of TCF's reply.
Ssitiss

Post by Ssitiss »

Will you replace the textures of Pinky, lost soul, mancubus, revenant, cyberdemon and arachnotron?
/\/\ayhem

Post by /\/\ayhem »

I hope for further development of this mod. it's just awesome!!!))
(sry for my engIish, it's very bad, i am from ukraine) When d4d will be updated, i will remade my trailer parodys video)))
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Ssitiss, I don't know. If we find some, we might.

In other news, mod voting on ModDB is going on. Go vote for your favorite.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Rowsol wrote:I just realized if you use your melee hotkey while you have berserk you don't get double cash from the kill. Why is that? I mean, I assume it's to encourage use of the fist weapon, but what difference does it really make.
Sounds more like oversight to me.
sidav wrote:Guys, what does SSG's Narrowed Cylinders upgrade mean? It just increases the absolute horizontal spread (thus decreasing the effective range of the weapon even more), or it means that the horizontal spread is the same, but vertical one is decreased?
"Decreases horizontal spread".

Means better accuracy. The horizontal spread is larger than the vertical spread. The upgrade decreases the spread to be even with the vertical (from 11.2 degrees to 7.1).
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

A few more things I'd like to add.

- The smoke from the rocket explosions looks full alpha, like an oil slick. Edit: Well, this is weird. It sometimes is and sometimes isn't. Edit 2: Okay, it happens after you kill a boss. Very odd bug. Edit 3: It has to do with SpiderMastermindDeathFX and the cyberdemon equivilent.
- The demon runes are fun as hell but overpowered as can be. It's basically an invuln sphere that lasts twice as long and gives you a bad ass weapon, usually, unless you're a pain elemental.
- The chainsaw idle is loud, enough to where I avoid walking around with it out. Dropping it 25% worked wonders.
- The scanner on the map is useful for this mod since getting 100% kills is pretty important. However, a lot of things that aren't monsters show up on the map making it borderline annoying.
- The haste powerup seems like it's supposed to double your fire rate but it seems to vary quite a bit. Certain weapons are boosted more than others.
- An option to make the casings and gibs stay longer would be nice. Not sure if the blood has any decals but that would be another welcome addition, some lasting blood. Not sure how many people could actually use it though, pretty demanding mod relatively.
- Berserk does absolute ridiculous damage, 300-500 per punch. Half that would be plenty to wreck house with.
- There's currently no way to tell how much ammo you need to alt-fire down an enemy with the chainsaw, since it varies depending on the health left. I propose that instead of pulling it back in and saying not enough ammo it just hits the guy for the full amount it can, based on how much ammo you have. It seems to do this sometimes already, against bosses anyway.

3rd post, hopefully the last. Been playing this mod for quite a while now, so thanks!
Last edited by Rowsol on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
VICE

Post by VICE »

Rowsol wrote: - The scanner on the map is useful for this mod since getting 100% kills is pretty important. However, a lot of things that aren't monsters show up on the map making it borderline annoying.
That's an engine thing. Any actor that doesn't have a certain flag set will show up on the automap with the scanner. There's a setting somewhere in the options menu that lets you display sprites instead of polygons on the automap, and the scanner becomes immensely useful with that setting turned on.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

VICE wrote:
Rowsol wrote: - The scanner on the map is useful for this mod since getting 100% kills is pretty important. However, a lot of things that aren't monsters show up on the map making it borderline annoying.
That's an engine thing. Any actor that doesn't have a certain flag set will show up on the automap with the scanner. There's a setting somewhere in the options menu that lets you display sprites instead of polygons on the automap, and the scanner becomes immensely useful with that setting turned on.
And you can select to display monsters in a different color, which is what I do. Monsters red. Big powerups and stuff like that as green, smaller pickups blue.

EDIT: NVM :P
Last edited by DBThanatos on Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoomKrakken

Re: D4D - v2.0.3(11/03/16) - You can vote for D4D now!

Post by DoomKrakken »

I just got an idea...

What if you could do some kind of charge shot for the BFG, which would use the sound of the BFG when glory killing the Spider Mastermind?
Rowsol

Re: D4D - v2.0.3(11/03/16)

Post by Rowsol »

Yeah, not sure why I didn't think of that before. Thanks for the tip.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

DoomKrakken wrote:What if you could do some kind of charge shot for the BFG, which would use the sound of the BFG when glory killing the Spider Mastermind?
No, that's what the carrion cannon is for, charging.
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

Major Cooke wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:What if you could do some kind of charge shot for the BFG, which would use the sound of the BFG when glory killing the Spider Mastermind?
I think he means to emulate glory kill performed on the Mastermind in D'16.
isum8

Post by isum8 »

Hi im loving the mod but there's no HUD.
I've tried changing the HUD setting but no signs of health indicator, armor indicator nothing. Just the number on the top right corner.
So any suggestions?
isum8

Post by isum8 »

Never mind i just had to press - to turn the HUD on. *FACE PALM*
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Mr.Enchanter wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:
I think he means to emulate glory kill performed on the Mastermind in D'16.
In a way, yes. I was just thinking you could use whatever "firing mode" was used in the glory kill for the Spider Mastermind. What happened there was a point-blank shot from a BFG at an unusual charge level. It'd be interesting to see where else and what else it can do...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”