[Updated] Quick DECORATE RenderStyle preview

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

[Updated] Quick DECORATE RenderStyle preview

Post by Rachael »

If you've been wondering how the different RenderStyles in DECORATE work, I've made a pk3 specifically for this. This also happens to have Midtex render style previews, as well. Leodoom85 was kind enough to "remix" this, so to speak, to make the map more interesting and give a sort of "pinky arena", and has given me permission to repost his work. Enjoy!
Screenshot_Doom_20170414_132920.png
leodoom85-pinkys.pk3
(273.37 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
pinkys_and_cacos2.pk3
(6.2 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Spoiler: Old Post
Mor'Ladim
Location: An artifact in an image you foolishly saved as a JPEG.

Re: Quick DECORATE RenderStyle preview

Post by Mor'Ladim »

I just saw this. This is actually quite useful, as I always wondered what the different RenderStyles were, but never actually got around to testing them out myself. It looks like the Stencil options could be used as 'mask' sprites, instead of having to create a whole new sprite that I've been doing all the time.

I also love QZDoom and hope to see it developed further. I am actually using it to develop my mod! Though, I admit that may be foolhardy since it is still in early development! However, so far there haven't been any major problems when using it so I REGRET NOTHING!

I also shot the 'RenderStyle None' Demon to see if it was actually there. Then it stepped off the platform and took a bite.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Thank you! Yeah, I made it so you can fight the demons still, but by default they pose for you. :P
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

I applied the subtract renderstyle to my spectre replacement in my mod... they terrify me now.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Updated. Old version did not fully test AddShaded. That has been properly added to the software renderer today, and this new version demonstrates it.
Rachael

Re: [Updated] Quick DECORATE RenderStyle preview

Post by Rachael »

Leodoom85 was kind enough to "remix" this, so to speak, to make the map more interesting and give a sort of "pinky arena", and has given me permission to repost his work. Updated in the first post. Enjoy!
Nash

Post by Nash »

That's WAAAY fancy for a renderstyle test map. =P It's actually fun to play in. XD Good job, Rachael and Leodoom85!
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Nash wrote:That's WAAAY fancy for a renderstyle test map. =P It's actually fun to play in. XD Good job, Rachael and Leodoom85!
That's the main purpose of this map :D
Initially, I added a skybox but after some thinking, I decided to change it to a normal sky
Gez

Post by Gez »

Rachael wrote:Leodoom85 was kind enough to "remix" this, so to speak, to make the map more interesting and give a sort of "pinky arena", and has given me permission to repost his work. Updated in the first post. Enjoy!
Amusingly, I had made a tweak before, replacing the custom pinkies with UDMF properties because hey, they're there. Also added cacodemons because of their more complex color schemes. And then I figured it would have been largely pointless to share, so I just forgot about it.
Attachments
pinkys.pk3
(6.19 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Gez wrote:
Rachael wrote:Leodoom85 was kind enough to "remix" this, so to speak, to make the map more interesting and give a sort of "pinky arena", and has given me permission to repost his work. Updated in the first post. Enjoy!
Amusingly, I had made a tweak before, replacing the custom pinkies with UDMF properties because hey, they're there. Also added cacodemons because of their more complex color schemes. And then I figured it would have been largely pointless to share, so I just forgot about it.
:(
It could have been cool to add cacos too...but for spawning those custom cacos, you have to create them through DECORATE and I don't know how :?
I'm better at mapping stuff than coding stuff...
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I updated Gez's Pinkys and Cacos spin off to have colored shaded stencils for the render test. They display properly in OpenGL - but you will have to wait until tomorrow's GZDoom dev build to get them to display 100% correctly in software. Several bugs were fixed today with stencils in the software renderer.

The colored shaded stencils version of Pinkys and Cacos are in the original post.

Return to “Resources”