D4DHF v0.3 - "Cloak and Dagger" [Add-On]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AdmiralAjax

Re: D4DHF v0.3 - "Cloak and Dagger" [Add-On]

Post by AdmiralAjax »

Well, what I mean is that when I pick up the Deadshot, it didn't come up when I tried selecting it, but it DID come up when I ran out of ammo for a gun. Also I've been playing in Nightmare the whole time using this mod so I do know about that restriction. And actually, with the new update, I had acquired the new grenade, however it kept saying I had none, I couldn't even switch to others.
VICE

Post by VICE »

AdmiralAjax wrote:Well, what I mean is that when I pick up the Deadshot, it didn't come up when I tried selecting it, but it DID come up when I ran out of ammo for a gun.
AdmiralAjax wrote:I had acquired the new grenade, however it kept saying I had none, I couldn't even switch to others.
These two sound like actors aren't being re-registered properly on your end.
The new weapons won't be select-able if the player actor isn't overridden, and the grenades will print "unavailable" if D4D's BaseWeapon actor isn't overridden. Not being able to switch grenades once you got the new one also means another actor in D4D, in charge of defining the grenade switch order, wasn't overridden either.

I'm going to bet that the Cloak ability doesn't cool down for you (since that's also handled by the player actor), and most of the new weapon upgrades shouldn't work too.

Since incorrect load order or double loading D4D shouldn't even let you start the game, only two reasons I can think of for this to happen are:
1. Using an older (or newer?) version of GZDoom that doesn't handle re-registered actors
2. Using some kind of setting I'm not aware of?
rileymartin

Post by rileymartin »

Megadeath is bugged when you're at 5k carrion and standing or repeatedly walking over a carrion drop that you can't pick up will result in an insane number of credits rolling in. Any way to disable that?
VICE

Post by VICE »

rileymartin wrote:Megadeath is bugged when you're at 5k carrion and standing or repeatedly walking over a carrion drop that you can't pick up will result in an insane number of credits rolling in. Any way to disable that?
Managed to replicate this. Looks like this happens only when you have the carrion cannon in your inventory.
If you're in the middle of an ongoing game, you can type "Take SuitUpgradeMegadeath" in the console to remove the upgrade so it doesn't screw with your game (on the bright side, you can refund your credits before you do ;)).
Thanks for spotting, I'll patch this up later today or tomorrow.

Edit: Done. Not going to bother calling it a new version since it's only been 1 day. Updated the link in the first post.

Code: Select all

@ Bugfix: Multijump style settings now update in real time and work as intended. [01/12/16]
@ Bugfix: Fixed carrion pickup behavior when the player had both the Megadeath upgrade and the carrion cannon. [01/12/16]
rileymartin

Post by rileymartin »

I've been playing a different wad with multiplayer weapons off and found that hellish shotgun, which I assume is one of the Nightmare weapons. What I noticed though is that carrion almost never drops to provide ammo for it. Is it something that requires MP weapons to be on to function?
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

If I'm not wrong, with multiplayer weapon turned on, gibbed and glory killed demons will drop carrion ammo.
rileymartin

Post by rileymartin »

They sure will, but with them off I just have to use the weapon function to absorb corpses as gibbing doesn't provide carrion ammo.
VICE

Post by VICE »

For now you'll have to absorb corpses with the altfire for ammo if you play with MP weapons off. I'll see if I can figure out a way to separate the MP weapons setting from the carrion drops.
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

Somehow, this addons greatly improve Equinox wad. The large space really accomodate D4D non-stop action, and one recurring map, a portal station which slowly corrupted by Hell force now also slowly infested by numerous gore nests. The large amount of enemies also help recharging the carrion ammo, and if you willing to noclip a bit... you can find all two Hell weapon right at the first level...
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Is there anything else getting added to the MOD as far as equipment and upgrades go?
VICE

Post by VICE »

The MP carrion issue has been addressed. In the next update, you'll get monsters dropping carrion if you happen to have a carrion-using weapon in your inventory, even if MP weapons are turned off (with the Tyrant, you'll need to buy the first upgrade, though).
Valherran wrote:Is there anything else getting added to the MOD as far as equipment and upgrades go?
Yep. There's a bunch more stuff planned actually, including more weapons and equipment types.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I had a quick look at your hotfix version you put out, the console keeps spamming this when I have the SSG out with all of the upgrades:

P_StartScript: Unknown Script "DoubleTroubleDisplay"
VICE

Post by VICE »

Valherran wrote:I had a quick look at your hotfix version you put out, the console keeps spamming this when I have the SSG out with all of the upgrades:

P_StartScript: Unknown Script "DoubleTroubleDisplay"
I'm not getting this on my end, so I'm going to need more details.
I also need for you to make sure that you aren't getting this script error with just D4D loaded, because if memory serves me, HF doesn't touch or call that particular script at any point.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I also need for you to make sure that you aren't getting this script error with just D4D loaded
That was the problem, my D4D was apparently outdated. I updated it and it's gone now.
isaacpop23

Post by isaacpop23 »

Would an option (or general raising) for the rarity of Gore Nests (outside of key holders) be possible? I've played through a mapset and a half and I think I've seen all of one Gore Nest that had no key. The reason that I'm specifying non-key Nests is cause I can't find the new weapons, the Enforcer and Caustic Grenades I find each play through due to Elite Guards showing up, but the Tyrant and DeadShot don't seem to even get a chance to spawn.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”