Phobos867's Add-ons for D4D [v2.1] BUGFIXES

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
shotfan

Re: Phobos867's Add-ons for D4D [v2.1] BUGFIXES

Post by shotfan »

Phobos867 wrote:Hey people, sorry for the bump, but I have to report that due to some minor health annoyances, I have to stay a bit off, probably for a week or less. In the meanwhile, sorry for not be answering your questions. O-) (I may do it ocassionally, I don't know)
No hurry needed. Updates can wait, but your health cannot :wink:
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

True, i cant wait to see the possessed varients besides the unwilling, i be happy imo
TheCrimsonFucker

Post by TheCrimsonFucker »

Hi! Please in next update make an option to switch between your barons of hell and hell knight and Baron and HK from D4D 2.0.3.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I absolutely adore those new Pinky sprites. :D

It'd be nice if Zanieon's Knight and Baron sprites were used in this mod.

Also, what maps are all featured in these screencaps?
Spoiler:
And here?
Spoiler:
Overlord

Post by Overlord »

Zanieon's knight and baron sprites don't fits at all with the doom style, is like a sprite for aeod
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Not much accurate, but most retrospective like vanilla sprites nonetheless. That's the charm that phobos867's sprites have.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

It doesn't matter so much to me. It may be just me... but I'm pretty tired of all the frankensprited Baron/Knight variants. Seeing things switched up with Zanieon's heavily polished D4 rips brings a breath of fresh air.

Now, how about the names of those map sets, please? :D
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

These are frankensprites? Did not notice. They still look better than original D4 models to me. I especially cannot take the new Baron seriously (that is not Zanieon's fault, as Baron was just like that in the Doom 4). The one here looks more intimidating by far, if only because he strolls instead of running (hence he looks taller than the hunched D4 Baron).
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

The D4 Barons look cooler. They made some much needed improvements on the original Baron, ever since it was totally neglected in Doom 3.

Having this thing stroll towards you is more intimidating than having it lumber toward you like it's gonna kill you?
Mapset names, please? XD
Overlord

Post by Overlord »

anyways the baron of phobos is better because fits more with the original doom style
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Either of them looks good and has their own style. And they has own flaws, also. Don't need to compare over their merit and let the others use each one of them whatever they like.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Overlord wrote:anyways the baron of phobos is better because fits more with the original doom style
Not that every other ported sprites from other games matches so well as the edits of the original original ones, but this is correct.

It is fine that Phobos867 actually put effort in trying to edit Bruiserdemon sprites to look like the Doom 4 Baron, what i did was literally sprite the Doom 4 baron itself, no way that sprites will fit with the others without a manual editing, otherwise they will look more like Doom 64 sprites.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

DoomKrakken wrote:The D4 Barons look cooler. They made some much needed improvements on the original Baron, ever since it was totally neglected in Doom 3.

Having this thing stroll towards you is more intimidating than having it lumber toward you like it's gonna kill you?
Mapset names, please? XD
Yes, I think that Phobos' Baron is more badass for that. He shows in this way that he has plenty of time to kill you and does not take you entirely seriously. Doom 4's Baron looks like a panicked ork in comparsion. Moreover, D4 Barons' appearance is too plasticine (too shiny and too bright shade of pink), and his musculature is weird (shoulders in particular look like unfinished pauldrons). Lastly, his face irks me. His face expression is way dumber than that of the original Baron. Phobos' Baron is similar in face, but has more going for him in appearance in general. And I like how he has his limbs permanently covered in plasma. (Not to mention, I really like Archon of Hell that was used as a placeholder in D4D for Barons, and Phobos one is markedly closer to Archon)
But all of this is subjective. For each his own pick, I guess. It is nice we have a choice which Baron we would like to confront :)
VICE

Post by VICE »

shotfan wrote:(shoulders in particular look like unfinished pauldrons)
#fitnessgoals
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Well, I think we can all agree at least that no Baron skips the #legday :lol:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”